Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting
    #15434858 -

Northern WV.
Lepidodendron tree bark fossil
360,000,000-280,000,000 years old

"Still-hunting" through the woods for deer (and secondly, mushrooms) I came across this in a rocky/bouldery area.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: Munchauzen]
    #15434883 -

:awecid:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #15434890 -

too bad there wasn't a mosquito stuck in the middle.

:feelsbadman:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #15434895 -

The contrasting organic/geometric nature of this freaking blew my mind. I was pretty stoned when I found it too hehe

here is a clearer one in a museum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: Munchauzen]
    #15434897 -

how much ya gonna sell it for? :grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: rackem]
    #15434904 -

rackem said:
how much ya gonna sell it for? :grin:



Do you think it has value? its pretty neat, I like having it in my possession. Def a good luck charm.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #15434910 -

The Ecstatic said:
too bad there wasn't a mosquito stuck in the middle.

:feelsbadman:



We had a better chance of surviving the implications of that in the 90's.



--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: Munchauzen]
    #15434911 -

Munchauzen said:
rackem said:
how much ya gonna sell it for? :grin:



Do you think it has value? its pretty neat, I like having it in my possession. Def a good luck charm.



Maybe 5-20 bucks tops.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: Kada]
    #15434915 -

thats it? damn.. figured it would have a little bit more value than that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: Kada] * 3
    #15434918 -

$5-$20? The worlds oldest paper-weight it shall remain then :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: Munchauzen]
    #15434929 -

That thing is fucking badass!!

:thumbup:

What a good find!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: cbhead23]
    #15434935 -

I say you keep it if it is really only worth $5-20... That thing is pretty awesome


--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: Herbologist]
    #15434947 -

Nah atleas a few thousand


--------------------
new trade list 
my own WCA V: I

"Ha! Marshall you're so funny man You should be a comedian, god damn!" Unfortunately I am I just hide behind the tears of a clown"

Meteloides said:
Stick to naturally occurring substances! Like Shrooms! And DMT! And Datura! And Amanita Phalloides! And Nutmeg! And Hemlock!
That'll expand the shit out of your DNA.
:ancientaliens:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: Herbologist]
    #15434949 -

Its a whole different feeling that I can't even begin to describe to hold something so old in my hands. to stroke my fingers across the surface is to feel the bark of an extinct tree that stopped living over a quarter of a billion years ago. how many people ever get to experience that in their lifetime???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: Rexter]
    #15434958 -

Rexter said:
Nah atleas a few thousand



http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lepidodendron-Fossil-plant-bark-/370548241266?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_2367wt_905

It's an awesome fossil, but not worth all that much.

If I found something like that it would be priceless to me.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Edited by Kada (11/28/11 11:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: Munchauzen]
    #15434966 -

Munchauzen said:
Its a whole different feeling that I can't even begin to describe to hold something so old in my hands. to stroke my fingers across the surface is to feel the bark of an extinct tree that stopped living over a quarter of a billion years ago. how many people ever get to experience that in their lifetime???



I go to museums just to touch the really old things :trollmove:


--------------------
new trade list 
my own WCA V: I

"Ha! Marshall you're so funny man You should be a comedian, god damn!" Unfortunately I am I just hide behind the tears of a clown"

Meteloides said:
Stick to naturally occurring substances! Like Shrooms! And DMT! And Datura! And Amanita Phalloides! And Nutmeg! And Hemlock!
That'll expand the shit out of your DNA.
:ancientaliens:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: Rexter]
    #15435084 -

I know a place in northern PA that is just littered with fossils. You can literally crack open 5 rocks and I guarantee you'll find a fossil. It's all shale, too, which is really easy to break.

Fossils are so cool. I can't wait until I'm a fossil.


--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: Munchauzen]
    #15435128 -

Careful with the oils on your skin, that would be a shame if they harmed the bark.  I was watching a pawn show on history channel last night and this guy was able to sell a fully intact wooly mammoth tooth with ennammal (sp) still on it for $1100, to me keeping the tooth would be a better trade.


--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #15435173 -

Mad_Larkin said:
:awecid:




:whoooaaaa: thats so cool OP. I want to to the northern end of the rockies in canada to find Trilobite fossiles :awebig:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found a 360,000,000 year old fossil while deer/mushroom hunting [Re: realfuzzhead]
    #15436381 -

this freaking thing actually predates dinosaurs! I looked it up on ebay and there are some of these that go for between $5-$30 bucks.

I think I want to make it into a bong/pipe.

Anyone have any idea what tools I might need?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Kansas Man Picks Giant Mushroom Blastrid 1,748 2 05/03/03 12:26 PM
by Adom
* $100,000 challenge spacedragon 1,280 3 09/01/03 07:24 PM
by Crass
* jury has ordered a company to pay a mushroom farmer $2-milli cupid 1,776 4 12/02/08 07:22 AM
by Shroominit
* XBOX 360, PS3, Nintendo Revolution
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
bf6 9,947 96 09/26/05 10:22 PM
by sh0e
* Mushroom Projects under way or planed. G a n j a 1,288 6 02/21/03 02:51 AM
by G a n j a
* My dream: mushroom oreinted ranch/retreat TheShroomHermit 1,465 6 07/20/03 04:22 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* may have killed at least 20,000 djfrog 925 2 12/26/03 05:27 PM
by djfrog
* Why have mushrooms been making me pass out?
( 1 2 all )
AllisonWonderland 4,855 27 04/07/19 02:09 AM
by Lucis

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,851 topic views. 4 members, 24 guests and 118 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.