Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
My dream: mushroom oreinted ranch/retreat
    #1728667 - 07/18/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Want to know what I want to do with my life?

Well, if you've ever been to or seen one of those places where you fish from a stocked pond and pay for what you catch then you're already a little familiar with what my dream job is. I want to own and run a mushroom ranch. Instead of customers comming to fish, they'd come to hunt mushrooms, and for a reasonable price. There would be plenty of organized outdoor grows (marked with signs, for newbs) as well as 'hidden' outdoor grows, of every species. Natural elements such as a solitary cow (fed spore prints) in a pasteur and a bordering forrest (complete with a trickling brook) would promote prolification to interest the "true" hunters. Of course, there would be plenty of places to enjoy the experience, ranging from Native American to a tripped out log cabin (lighting effects + shpongle + comfortable resting area). If buisness is good enough, I'd sponsor a resident hippy to be a calming effect, she or she would just chill, help people get out of a bad trip, and promote a positive mood by discussing philosophy/religion/stories etc.

The plan: The cost would be $30-80 per person, but once your in things like tea and citrus fruits would be complementary. The admission fee includes "All you care to eat" mushrooms, but mushrooms that you want to take home with you will cost extra (to stop people who would otherwise flip them for thousands of dollars in profits) A level area to pitch your own tent (your not required to stay the night, but you are required to stay the duration of the intoxication)
No pets allowed (just way too many potential problems) and there would also be a reasonable limit to the number of people that would be allowed in at a time (which may lead to a situation requiring advanced reservations)

How would you run a mushroom ranch/retreat?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekhemfusion
battleaxewarrior

Loc: West Coast Canada
Re: My dream: mushroom oreinted ranch/retreat [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1728871 - 07/18/03 09:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

hah! if only it could be legal

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1728897 - 07/18/03 09:25 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You could probably get away with that, but you couldn't charge people for mushrooms they take with them. Either you would do nothing, or not allow it at all.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: My dream: mushroom oreinted ranch/retreat [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1729479 - 07/19/03 03:04 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You could have the "haunted" feature for trippers that want a mental challenge.

Have a really scary looking dark part of the woods and hire people to dress up in black and scamper around and make noises and whisper things from trees while the tripper walks through.

If he doesn't crack, he can get a 10$ discount!

InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
    #1729596 - 07/19/03 04:34 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"They'd come to hunt mushrooms, and for a reasonable price." Sure, yes, that's the funniest thing I've read in some time (seriously). I will go to prison for so many years, but fuck the replacement dildo's.

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

Edited by Che_Night_Soil (07/19/03 04:37 AM)

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: My dream: mushroom oreinted ranch/retreat [Re: Che_Night_Soil]
    #1731120 - 07/19/03 09:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You do understand that this wouldn't be in the United States right?

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1731827 - 07/20/03 04:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You could get away with it in the U.S. if you did it right, but you could be more flambuoyant with it in some other countries.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds