Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Suchen's Moist Mushroom Hunt
    #15205685 -

Hello again everyone  :hi:  I finally got back home to the Tampa, Florida area over the weekend. Just this morning I got out for a hunt after a deluge of rain the past three days, and sweet sassy molassy was it soggy out there. To give you an idea of how wet:



But you're probably not here to listen to me blab, so here be the 'shrooms:



1) Almost right outside my front door was a spectacularly bluing bolete.





These next were all found in an area where one side of the trail is hardwood/swamp and the other side is a planted pine forest:



2) I've found you before!




3) ?





4) This rather meaty off-white bolete was growing from under a thick layer of pine needles. The pore surface was light pink and bruised a reddish-brown.





5) A Ganoderm with lovely coloring growing in the only dry spot in the forest.





6) I liked the lighting on this polypore. Take a stab at an ID if you like, I realize it's not exactly a lot to go on.





7) First time I found these! :awegroove:  A purple Cortinarius species. These were popping up all over. I found a young one with the cortina still covering the gills, but didn't get a great photo.





8) I am guessing some sort of American caesar. I don't know what else it could be. Another first for me.





9) Unsure about this one. It's growing from a sac so I'm guessing Amanita, but :shrug:





10) :wowz: wtf is this?





11)  :squid:





12) ??





13) :awesomenod:





14) Go go gopher tortoise!




Hopefully I will get out again over the next few days. As the water level goes down the mushrooms will hopefully come up. Thanks for your help :cheers:


--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suchen's Moist Mushroom Hunt [Re: suchen]
    #15205737 -

awesome pictures!:awesome:


--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.



AMU Q&A

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suchen's Moist Mushroom Hunt [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #15205769 -

Nice finds! 10 is Pisolithus tinctorius.:thumbup:


--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suchen's Moist Mushroom Hunt [Re: Bobzimmer]
    #15205850 -

I would guess Entoloma for#3.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suchen's Moist Mushroom Hunt [Re: Blue-FunGuy]
    #15205912 -

And A.parcivolvata for#8

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suchen's Moist Mushroom Hunt [Re: Blue-FunGuy]
    #15205941 -

Blue-FunGuy said:
And A.parcivolvata for#8



I doubt it. We need to see the base.


--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suchen's Moist Mushroom Hunt [Re: Bobzimmer]
    #15205995 -

True that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suchen's Moist Mushroom Hunt [Re: Blue-FunGuy]
    #15206228 -

Thanks for the help, gang!

I wanted to say #8 arose from a sac, but then going back through my photos I somehow never took a shot of the stem base :slowtard:

This is the closest I could come, which leads me to believe they may have just been A. flavoconia? See the yellow veil remnants down near the bottom? Sigh... rookie mistake.



--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suchen's Moist Mushroom Hunt [Re: suchen]
    #15206278 -

Yes, I'd say A. flavoconia or something close.:thumbup:


--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suchen's Moist Mushroom Hunt [Re: suchen]
    #15206308 -

suchen said:
Thanks for the help, gang!

I wanted to say #8 arose from a sac, but then going back through my photos I somehow never took a shot of the stem base :slowtard:

This is the closest I could come, which leads me to believe they may have just been A. flavoconia? See the yellow veil remnants down near the bottom? Sigh... rookie mistake.





didnt we just have a discussion about this.


suchen i so would of transversed that creek.

nice pic's, its flooded on the east coast also. good to see ur back from Louisiana

4 maybe tylopilus rhoadsiae


keep-them pic's coming:congrats:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suchen's Moist Mushroom Hunt [Re: Madcaps]
    #15206365 -

Madcaps said:
didnt we just have a discussion about this.




Ha, we sure did. The ones I usually find down here though are far more yellow than orange-red and the stems are whiter :dumblol:



Madcaps said:
suchen i so would of transversed that creek.





Haha, you should have seen my pants. 100% soaked. My legs got tired from walking around with waterlogged pants and boots after that :sunny:

Thanks for the kind words :cheers:


--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

Edited by suchen (10/10/11 07:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suchen's Moist Mushroom Hunt [Re: suchen]
    #15206641 -

super finds suchen !! :headbanger:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suchen's Moist Mushroom Hunt [Re: Bobzimmer]
    #15206943 -

Bobzimmer said:
Yes, I'd say A. flavoconia or something close.:thumbup:



That was my first guess but I only see the yellow ones around here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suchen's Moist Mushroom Hunt [Re: Blue-FunGuy]
    #15207621 -

Blue-FunGuy said:
That was my first guess but I only see the yellow ones around here.



Same here! That was the odd thing.


I've got another one up for identification. Didn't post it earlier because the photos kinda blow, but it's been bothering me. The pore shot in particular is :spank:. But here we go:

15)



Any thoughts?


--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suchen's Moist Mushroom Hunt [Re: suchen]
    #15207864 -

Re: Suchen's Moist Mushroom Hunt

The photos are working... my girl is moist and i'm getting a bob-ber!!!  :smile:

Beautiful pics, Suchen!!!

this purple Cortinarius is awesome!



:awesomenod:
I've never seen one of those!
thanks, man!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mushroom Hunting Video mattso 8,420 14 01/14/03 04:49 AM
by Anno
* California North Valley Mushroom Hunting calishroomer 5,606 9 03/17/03 08:35 AM
by Amanita_Dreamer
* my morning mushroom hunt NiGGy 2,408 4 05/10/03 07:41 AM
by aeonblue
* Interplanetary Alliance of Mushroom Hunting Smallputrid 3,121 2 06/19/01 12:10 AM
by Mitchnast
* Mushroom Hunt MagicRooms 7,072 12 02/11/02 12:46 AM
by MagicRooms
* Mushroom Hunting in Kentucky DerbyUK 19,101 12 01/04/20 05:45 AM
by Gr8Scot
* Re: Mushroom Hunting rePort Lizard King 5,669 7 12/24/99 10:43 AM
by Abaddon
* Mushroom hunting and back pain shitdog 3,725 5 06/07/18 12:53 PM
by relic

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
924 topic views. 0 members, 14 guests and 29 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.