Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Re: Water in Pressure Cooker
    #15172 - 05/01/00 11:49 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

First time eh? coool..

Let the jar size determine the overall water level. I use quart jars and find that filling the cooker until the water level gets about 1/5 up the side of the jars works well.
Just remeber to release your stop cock before openin' that baby up.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

#15174 - 05/01/00 11:55 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Well I'm just a week or so ahead of you with my shroom growing experience. I also used a pressure cooker with half pint jars, and the best thing I can tell you is that you don't need as much water as you may think. Just like Shapipe said about 1/5 of the way up the jars would be plenty, cause all you need is enough water in there to generate the steam that is what actually does the sterilizing, not the water.

Anyways one more thing, when your jars come out of the pressure cooker, they'll probably look darker than they were before, and also it may look like they're really wet. Don't worry about it, they'll be fine. I freaked out when mine came out like that, and right now I've got half my jars 75-90% colonized, and it's only been 9 days since I innoculated.

Oh yeah and remember to run a lighter across the needle of the syringe between innoculating each jar, that's very important. Good luck.

-`~Psilo Cyber-`~

An open mind is the key that opens the door to the land of knowledge.

*Make $60 a month at my site. Check it out.* Visit my site

#15175 - 05/02/00 01:48 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I have a rather large p. cooker and even so I only use about 3/4" of water. When I do 1/2 gal. jars for 3hrs @ 15psi, I wind up dumping out most of the water. You only need enuf go generate steam for needed time. As you go along, you will see how much is used and how much you dump back out. Peace

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation