Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
growing Cubensis "enoki style"...
    #1497408 - 04/27/03 05:53 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Well, in Japan we have those wonderfull mushrooms that i use to eat every week...my favorites ! Enoki (Flammulina Velutipes) grows very large in the nature and looks a little like Pleurotus...but cultivated, it looks very different: japanese growers are using a special technic to make it thin and cute, finally it looks like copelandia mushrooms...
Here is an interesting link about it :
http://www.goldengourmetmushrooms.com/enoki.html
The idea is to use this technic to change the form of Cubensis, i think that it is possible, why not ?!
What do you, people living in a place where Psilocybe cultivation is possible, think ?  :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUnknown
Confused,dizzy,wheream I again?
Loc: MA
Re: growing Cubensis "enoki style"... [Re: KOPELANDIAA]
    #1497908 - 04/27/03 12:35 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

How would you spawn that with cubensis?

--------------------
The above is just like,my opinion man

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1497985 - 04/27/03 01:21 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The cube stems are much thicker than those of Flamullina. I have a feeling that they wouldn't grow so densly.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: growing Cubensis [Re: zeronio]
    #1507305 - 04/30/03 10:46 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Enoki's are usually forced to grow that way by means of high co2 levels. Cubensis is not as sensitive to co2, and therefore doesn't change shape as much. But, many people who don't have proper set-ups get the same result in their terreriums, long skinny stems and underdeveloped caps. It's not really the most desirable shape for a cube, but hey, if that's what you want....

Basically just an oss-oeric fruit in the jar deal, with a thick paper/plastic collar inserted in the jar opening to trap co2. I think that's the basic enoki tek at least and assume it would work with cubensis, again if you wanted it to.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: growing Cubensis [Re: mycofile]
    #1507349 - 04/30/03 11:03 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

How about pan cyan?

I bet it would take to those molds, however - the sensitivity of co2 on pans is very finnicky for getting them to pin.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: growing Cubensis [Re: Raadt]
    #1507771 - 04/30/03 01:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The only thing different about that method from fruiting from a jar is the collar around the top which traps co2. I don't see any reason to want to do that with pans or cubes.

--------------------

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: growing Cubensis [Re: mycofile]
    #1507958 - 04/30/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

well i've been theorizing lately, while looking at some of my friends bulk grows. It seems like the less air exchange he gives them, the longer the stems grow. When he was fanning once a day, his fruits (same substrate/depth/strain/etc... same clone) were like 6-10", now that he has it automated with a cool mist and such, he is only getting 4-6" fruits - they are fatter/thicker stemmed, but they are not nearly as high. I thought it was interesting, as it's fairly apparent that most mushrooms elongate to reach higher elevations in order to find less CO2 ridden environments for sporulation. (to make spores travel???).

So, theoretically, you could elongate most mushrooms - no?

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
Re: growing Cubensis [Re: Raadt]
    #1508245 - 04/30/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i think it would be interesting...it's like making bonsai...just for the esthetic !

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: growing Cubensis [Re: KOPELANDIAA]
    #1508290 - 04/30/03 03:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah raadt, you're right. Higher co2 levels mean longer, skinnier stems (and smaller caps too). If you want to stretch your stems, you can with co2. I wouldn't overdo it on a bulk substrate though, too little air exchange and you start flirting with contam disaster. Unless you can circulate co2 laden air without exchanging it, that might give you something to think about. A recirculating ventilation system with a mixer box (mixing fresh, and recirculated air) is the thing to play with those ideas.

Generally speaking, I never got better yields from long skinny stems. So in general I say why? But if you've got a reason why (like Kope) then sure. Higher co2 means shape shifting.

Now, the thing to play with (yes I did) is to get the stems to stretch with co2, then lower co2 to let caps develp fully and stems to fatten. Best of both worlds. Unfortunately, I never figured out the fine line, if it even exists. But it's something to think about.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1508341 - 04/30/03 04:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

it is certainly possible to grow cubensis via jar culture.

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: growing Cubensis [Re: ]
    #1509728 - 04/30/03 11:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

This is not only about jar culture. It's about putting a collar around the mouth of the jar to induce longer stems.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #1509753 - 04/30/03 11:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

it may well work. if not for the effects of the CO2 concentrations, then due to the fact that cubensis is phototropic, so they should reach up towards the opening of the collar. it may work even better if a point light source is used, like by placing a disk on the top of the collar with a smaller hole.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale