Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Do you give homeless people your money?
    #14997928 -

Or anyone that randomly asks you for cash, not just homeless people.

A guy was waiting outside of my apartment building just now and I let him draw a portrait of me for some cash that I happened to have. Usually I don't give people money but since he offered to do something in return I obliged. Last week a guy asked for some dollars for the bus fair but I didn't have any cash so I gave him a ride.

What about you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: nglsnv]
    #14997946 -

If I feel they are truly in need and intend to use my donation to better their position in life. Ill buy a hungry woman a cheeseburger but im not supporting crazy charlies meth habit.

I got my own habits to feed.


--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: nglsnv]
    #14997951 -

I have in the past.  But I tend to try and not too.  Dealing with that type of stuff just makes me uneasy; I tend to feel like I could become to involved in it.  Then again, I smoke cigarettes, so I shouldn't complain. 

If the timeings right, I usually give whoever's asking a couple dollars or some quarters.  I just feel like I'd rather get it done and over with than dwell on it I guess.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: Psilo_Subliminal]
    #14997957 -

I wont give cash to a homeless person, but ill get them a sandwich.. cash typically will just go to there bad habits.


--------------------
::DEMAPPING & REMAPPING::

     

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: nglsnv]
    #14997961 -

If they offer something like you said, then yes.  People really in need always have homeless shelters in pretty much every city.  Handouts to able bodied people only keep them where they are in life and pump up an 'gib me dat' attitude.


--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: Billahat]
    #14997969 -

I barely have enough money to pay bills each month, so no. If they want money, they should earn it, or get it from people who aren't just barely scraping by. I need all my money.


--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #14997979 -

Ima Trooper said:
I barely have enough money to pay bills each month, so no. If they want money, they should earn it, or get it from people who aren't just barely scraping by. I need all my money.



That's a good way too look at it.  I've bummed a joint off of someone or smoked in a session with people I didn't know who just bought like a gram and felt bad about it.  I guess it's kind of a karma/reality situation all into one. 

On another note, what's up with the poverty Obama? :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: Buckeye Oysters]
    #14997986 -

Yeah I agree, I was really just curious to see how he would draw me. It was pretty good but he misspelled my name heh

Edited by nglsnv (08/29/11 05:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: nglsnv]
    #14997988 -

Used to, till i moved to Austin. A study found that Austin had more than 2500 homeless people. After about the fourth sandwich slapped outta my hand by one of theses people i was cured. I even had one tell me "I dont want your fucking food, Give a fucking dollar so i can get my KD(kentucky deluxe i found out later) asshole".

Not all are drug addicts, but in that town they have everything they need to remain homeless. Free soup kitchen free showers free sandwiches free employment help free money for expenses, i found out caritas gives them cash once a week.

In the college magazine a study was done on "alternative jobs" they surveyed drug dealers strippers and bums. Drug dealers bring in a little, but often the overhead cost them alot. Its equivalent to making 10$ an hour. Strippers make between 300-1000 depending on the location.(i dont recommend the crazy lady in austin). And homeless can bring in close to 130 a day working in front of the UT campus. Youll notice alot of trustfund kids posing as homeless people. Christmas time can bring these people as much as 300 a day.

Yeah i figure if you want outta that life there are many opportunities.


--------------------
"With me the horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man’s mind, which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey’s mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind." Charles Darwin

"DNA neither knows nor cares. DNA just is, and we dance to its music." Richard Dawkins


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: Alienscience]
    #14997991 -

i always give hobos change or cigarettes.  sometimes if im drunk i try and get them to earn it by telling a funny joke or revealing "special talents"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: nglsnv]
    #14997999 -

If I have extra cash on me that isnt already spoken for I usually give it to homeless people if they are honest.

When they ask for money I usually say "for what, you need another rock or a beer?"  If they lie I usually move on or I keep pressing them until they are honest.

I dont care what they spend it on,ive been there.  Just be honest.





I dont usually give money to panhandling kids though. I am onto their game. :lol:


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: paxahau]
    #14998003 -

i give homeless people hand jobs. everyone needs a chance to work.


--------------------
I'm like a wild animal in the corner
Waiting for the break of dawn
Trying to get through the night
Just a man with the will to survive


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: Dunno]
    #14998010 -

I don't give money away. If someone really needed a couple of bucks I would pay them to wash my car or mow my lawn.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #14998020 -

It is fucking annoying being asked for money all the time. I usually carry around a pocket full of tiny change and throw it on the ground if they ask. They get shitty but still writhe around on the ground for like fifty cents in coin.


--------------------
all change is resistance to suffering

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: nglsnv]
    #14998026 -

Hell no.


--------------------
[]
Space is the place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: Dunno]
    #14998032 -

Dunno said:
i give homeless people hand jobs. everyone needs a chance to work.



Hand Jobs for the Homeless. A local outreach program!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: niteowlthethird]
    #14998034 -

one time in detroit a hobo asked me for change and i  told him

"sorry good sir,  i only have crack"

then he followed me 3 blocks to my car and i drove off.


"SIR, SIR, ......EXCUSSE ME SIR!!  GOD BLESS SIR!"

:chillin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: paxahau]
    #14998042 -

:lolz0rz:

:crazybeard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: paxahau]
    #14998053 -

paxahau said:
one time in detroit a hobo asked me for change and i  told him

"sorry good sir,  i only have crack"

then he followed me 3 blocks to my car and i drove off.


"SIR, SIR, ......EXCUSSE ME SIR!!  GOD BLESS SIR!"

:chillin:



:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you give homeless people your money? [Re: Devlish2]
    #14998061 -

Usually, even if I know there gonna go out and buy some cheap ass high abv beer Ill still throw them whatever change is in my pocket. I dont like carrying around change :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Columbia, South Carolina Criminalizes Homelessness In Unanimous Vote
( 1 2 3 4 all )
whitedevil1 6,592 63 10/17/13 08:40 PM
by whitedevil1
* THE DAY WE TOOK CHARGE OF AN ARMY OF HOMELESS GUYS HIGH ON 2C-B
( 1 2 all )
spoonbomb 3,741 24 08/08/12 03:44 PM
by Sham87
* Who here has ever been homeless?
( 1 2 3 all )
liberty hunter 5,360 54 08/08/14 03:37 AM
by Spacerific
* Top-Notch Homeless Shelter OneMoreRobot3021 938 0 04/19/05 12:16 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* homeless people
( 1 2 3 all )
Alexestalex 2,502 48 06/21/16 08:27 PM
by Midnight_Toker
* Anti-homeless spikes.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
ThatKidWithTheFace 8,386 160 02/24/15 12:16 AM
by drege
* Please explain being homeless to me
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Masked 7,126 116 12/28/13 04:11 AM
by healing
* Giving homeless people money
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
SexyBeezy123 7,744 105 09/14/14 06:26 PM
by Shroomism

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,932 topic views. 7 members, 11 guests and 180 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.