Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Who here has ever been homeless? [Re: Maharishi_2_U]
    #20388293 - 08/07/14 03:00 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Maharishi_2_U said:
I was homeless for about 3 years in about five states.  It's not really that bad if you are creative, innovative and enjoy each day for what it brings.  When I sy homeless, I mean sleeping in doorways, spanging and flying signs as well as singing and magic where I could.  Not so bad as long as I was wasted and the weather agreed with us.

Sounds awesome, did you ever do a writing on your journey?

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMaharishi_2_U
Opt Out Super Fag
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Streets Flag
Re: Who here has ever been homeless? [Re: Tmethyl]
    #20388337 - 08/07/14 03:11 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I am actually saving for Dragon software to start a memoir :-)
Id take the homeless days over my terrible marriage of 5 years when I had everything I wanted.

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Who here has ever been homeless? [Re: Maharishi_2_U]
    #20388355 - 08/07/14 03:16 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Maharishi_2_U said:
I am actually saving for Dragon software to start a memoir :-)
Id take the homeless days over my terrible marriage of 5 years when I had everything I wanted.

Saving? Go pirate that shit :lol:

http://www.utorrent.com/

http://thepiratebay.se/

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OfflineSpacerific
- - - >
Male

Re: Who here has ever been homeless? [Re: Tmethyl]
    #20388745 - 08/07/14 05:08 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Well I've been sort of homeless (as in, not having much of a pre-determined place to stay and sleep) on two occasions.

First, coming back from Boom 2012, I was in Madrid. Bought a bus ticket back to my country, paid for it, that left me with like 1 euro to live for 3 days. Was and amazing, excellent confidence building life experience. I had a tent, explored and found a place to tent overnight, in a park next to a highway, off the beaten path, where I wouldn't bother anybody. Set myself the rule that I will NEVER beg for money, like the annoying beggar fucks do. Followed what the LSD told me at Boom, namely to look at the ecosystem, see what people do, where money might come out. Basically noticed that people get thirsty and pay good money for water, at the water machines in the waiting area in the train station. 300 meters away was a supermarket, where the water was 10% the price compared to the machines. Bought a sixpack of 2 liter bottles of water, took it back to the station and waited. Whenever someone approached a machine (looking to pay 1.50 for 300 ml of water) I would offer 2 liters for 1.00 eur. I explained I'm just a festival traveler looking to get back home, most people liked the deal and were happy to help a fellow human being that asked nicely and offered something useful in return. At the same train station were other, less imaginative dudes begging, annoying and interrupting. They could have seen the same thing I did, but they just didn't stop to look how the water flowed :lol:

Those 3 days have taught me the importance of staying chill, observing, noticing what people do. Totally noticed that people leave half sandwiches on their plates, half pancakes, what have you. There's PLENTY of food going to waste in a city. It's pretty impossible to starve in a city, at least in summer, unless you're blind and stupid. I had then (and still have now) a pretty clear rule about not bothering and interrupting people in a negative way like most beggars do. Most ecosystems will offer either money or nutrition with some good observation skills and design. Just look, observe and wait.

Right now I am in this city in the Netherlands, was planning to stay here for 2 days, couchsurfing while visiting some local painter. It's been a month and I don't plan to move on any time soon :lol:

In general, I found I'm more confident, entertained, active, healthy and generally cheerful while hobo-ing it out in the Netherlands, than when I'm at home in my country (where I have a roof, car, full fridge, etc). I get laid more, get to know more people, learn more, trust myself and the universe more, it's generally pretty awesome. Many thanks go to couchsurfing, it's a great site and community, but I must say 2-3 weeks of the time spent here has been unrelated to couchsurfing, just my good charms and helpful nature, people offering places to crash for some good fresh conversation. In general I plan to live the rest of my life as some sort of fluctuation between stable address somewhere (better for stabilizing new habits and routines, like sports and painting) and full on free roaming adventure. Maybe buy a van, roam the festival circuit with it, be a chill international nomad. Europe is great for this I think, though I'm new to this experience.

As for other homeless people, I'll give money to buskers, someone who plays some kind of instrument, juggles, does something funny, entertains me in some way. If they do that, fine, they offer cheerful times and good vibes, sure I'll share what I can. If they're getting in my way trying to guilt me into anything, I'll be very unimpressed. It's not the homelessness that's the problem, it's the unimaginative begging. I'm living on a few dollars a day (food-wise) and am getting plenty of nutrients. If I see some bum begging and smoking, or begging and drinking alcohol, I know for a fact he's spending way more money than I am, being a lazy fuck. I have zero problems watching lazy fucks biting the bullet, just like nature intended. Cities are (as far as I've seen) VERY forgiving environments when it comes to getting food and such. If you can't be bothered to do ANYTHING other than mumble asking for shit, maybe you weren't meant to live and breed at all, that's fine with me.

Quote:

Once a bum asked me for money, I said empty your pockets, I'll empty mine, whoever has the most money gives it to the other guy.. he walked away.

:rofl: Pure genius! I usually defaulted to a very clear NO, when people beg and do so by spreading bad vibes, but this one is a way better alternative :biggrin:

--------------------
Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.

For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it,
and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
- Matthew 13:16

OfflineAndyy
Stranger

Re: Who here has ever been homeless? [Re: Spacerific]
    #20389120 - 08/07/14 06:26 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Damn, I wish I had the guts and the smarts to do that spacer. Roam around playing guitar and meeting people, but alas, I am a weenie.

Offlinepsychawarenessorg
psychedelicawareness.org
Male

Re: Who here has ever been homeless? [Re: Andyy]
    #20389127 - 08/07/14 06:28 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Only been homeless for 2 nights, Had to sleep in my car at work.

--------------------

Offlinepookiepower
Fiend
 User Gallery

Re: Who here has ever been homeless? [Re: psychawarenessorg] * 1
    #20389290 - 08/07/14 07:02 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

So I was 20 years old and in college doing fine...My first stimulant I did was adderall, after about 3 semesters I no longer had a connect, So I started snorting cocaine to study...That lasted one semester and eventually I started skipping class to go buy a gram and smoke weed, Kicked out college.

All I remember was having about $300 saved and spent it all on bottles of xanax. Around 200 2mg pills. "Fuck it I will take xanax to stop doing stims"

I blacked out a few times and eventually had cops come to my house and have two cops judo slam my ass and thats when my mom told me to get the fuck out, and go live with my dad about two hours away in Northern Florida.

I said FUCK IT, He owns over two apartment building (24 one bedroom flats) Im going to live "GOOD"

What I didnt know was that my dad was a full time crack head. At least 3 grams a day of fucking rock. And thats when he introduced me to the devil. I only blame myself for taking that first fucking hit drunk as fuck in his room trying to "bond" with him.

And thats when I became a FULL TIME TRAP HOUSE BOUNCER Couch-Surfer.

I woke up, smoked crack, baby-sit the daily homeless crackheads passing by to smoke in the livingroom buying a $5 or $10 and then having to threaten them to leave or I will kick their ass with a machete I would always walk around with paranoid as fuck geeked out.

I lived like that for a full year, I was massively hooked to "just one more"

So I wasn't homeless but I spent dozens of saturday nights smoking in a bathroom paranoid as fuck hearing Helicopters and Police CB radio. Eventually
I went to rehab for two months and went back to live with my mom

If anyone has experienced this, they will know it is its own hell.
Rehab saved my life

--------------------

Edited by pookiepower (08/07/14 07:07 PM)

Offlinepsychawarenessorg
psychedelicawareness.org
Male

Re: Who here has ever been homeless? [Re: pookiepower]
    #20389304 - 08/07/14 07:05 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Hey man never was a crackhead but im glad you went to rehab and got back to us.

--------------------

Offlinemushlov
Stranger
Re: Who here has ever been homeless? [Re: something super extreme]
    #20389501 - 08/07/14 07:54 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

nah yo i was homeless for awhile i just walked around and lived and loved life that was actually probably when i was the happiest I've ever been so what if i was dirty and shit i was having a shitload of interesting times  sure there times when i was hungry and that sucked but there are good people who share

Offlinepsychawarenessorg
psychedelicawareness.org
Male

Re: Who here has ever been homeless? [Re: mushlov]
    #20389506 - 08/07/14 07:56 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mushlov said:
nah yo i was homeless for awhile i just walked around and lived and loved life that was actually probably when i was the happiest I've ever been so what if i was dirty and shit i was having a shitload of interesting times  sure there times when i was hungry and that sucked but there are good people who share

:cheers:

--------------------

InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Who here has ever been homeless? [Re: Shroomism]
    #20389527 - 08/07/14 08:01 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

i'd say it's just "clever use of game mechanics, IRL".

:likeaboss:

:rofl:

:fuckinawesome:

and finally :raisemyglass: to your entire post! :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblegreencrush420
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.A Flag
Re: Who here has ever been homeless? [Re: liberty hunter]
    #20389885 - 08/07/14 09:43 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I've never been homeless, but would have been if it weren't for my grandparents taking me in and helping me out while I saved money to get a vehicle and get on my feet. This last weekend I was leaving walmart here and I saw a homeless man standing on the corner holding a sign saying "have a blessed day". I've seen him and others standing there before, but as I drove by and read his sign, and made eye contact with him from inside my car, I was struck by the need to help him out ( I guess driving past someone who has nothing in a 30k vehicle, and seeing them see you with everything and still unwilling to help them does this to a person). I don't think much of giving cash to people, so my wife and I stopped by Sonic and bought him the biggest burger they had and took it back to him. We actually cut through a little side road (not really an alley) between two restaurants to get back and passed him, so we circled back around so he was on my side of the car (now accompanied my another man, so I felt bad for only having one meal), and I rolled down the window and asked if he was hungry. He came up and said he was "freaking starving" and I gave him the bag and patted him on the chest, telling him to take care. He grabbed my hand, and thanked me so sincerely and said "god bless you brother". That really struck a cord inside of me. He was so sincerely grateful, and truly appreciative. I was speechless for most of the ride home; still processing the encounter.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Who here has ever been homeless? [Re: greencrush420]
    #20389955 - 08/07/14 10:06 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Good on you man. I am extremely hesitant to give any homeless people money, because having been homeless.. I know where a lot of that goes, and it's not usually for food even if they say it is. But giving them food when they are hungry is another thing entirely. If they ask for money for food and you offer to buy/bring them food and they refuse or show restraint.. that's usually a classic sign. But I know when I was homeless and starving there was almost nothing better than getting some food from the random kindness of strangers.

--------------------

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

Re: Who here has ever been homeless? [Re: Andyy]
    #20389977 - 08/07/14 10:15 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Andyy said:
Damn, I wish I had the guts and the smarts to do that spacer. Roam around playing guitar and meeting people, but alas, I am a weenie.

:whathesaid:

I daydream about travel and meeting people every day.

I'm such home bodied introvert.

Just doing it is the key, I realize this....it's just so hard. (For some, like myself)

OfflineSpacerific
- - - >
Male

Re: Who here has ever been homeless? [Re: 1234go]
    #20390576 - 08/08/14 03:37 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

1234go said:
Quote:

Andyy said:

:whathesaid:

I daydream about travel and meeting people every day.

I'm such home bodied introvert.

Just doing it is the key, I realize this....it's just so hard. (For some, like myself)

Well I didn't start with chilling in random places like I do now. I started as pretty much a nerd, but with a very definite curiosity about Ayahuasca. Showed up in the Netherlands first time, it was the first time ever I'd traveled on my own (wouldn't have done it at all without couchsurfing to begin with) and it was somewhat scary. But then the Aya worked, was fun enough to come again, the people I met were nice (and much more experienced travelers) and so things worked well.

To all the people that want to start traveling, I have two things to say:

- Have a couchsurfing account. Make it, it's free, fill it up, just play with it. Get the ball rolling.
- Either travel short range at first, over the weekend, or if you can't, please consider hosting. Offer a couch, a mattress, buy a cheap air bed and offer that, only to cool people that come in your town, that bring their own sleeping bag. Just seeing IRL how the whole cheap travel thing is done, that will give you LOADS of courage to do it yourself, and comfort with the idea.

Seriously, you can totally contribute to the travel community, and make no mistake, more times than not, it will contribute to you as well :biggrin:

--------------------
Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.

For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it,
and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
- Matthew 13:16

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom