Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Please explain being homeless to me
    #18621942 -

Specifically, looking for shroomerites experience with being homeless.

I make this thread because I'm realizing just how many shroomerites are or were homeless at one point.

In my opinion, a certain drug lifestyle is definitely a good candidate for it.

I'm sure there are others, but repetoire and stillnox are two members I know who said they were somewhat homeless at one time.

I can't understand it. I have had to work hard for everything I have.  I know that my world doesn't consist of where I was born...if there is no work, move.  If you can't find work, bullshit, stop being picky.

I dunno, I just can't understand why someone is jobless and homeless.

Please explain why it happened and what it took to get out of it.

And if you got out of it, why did you let it happen in the first place? because obviously when you were ready and willing, you were able to effect change, thus making you not homeless anymore.

I looked at the statistics and it's mind boggling how many people are homeless.  I just can't understand it.

Maybe those experienced can help me have some sympathy and understanding towards it?

I pretty much think of a junkie, lazy bum.  mcdonalds is ALWAYS hiring.  treeplanters up here are some of the scummiest people on earth lol.  They hire anyone.  There's ALWAYS work if you want it.  But I think a lot of homeless people don't want it.  They want to "live free", which is another way of saying, all they can think about is their next fix.  Am I wrong?  guaranteed some will think I am and that's fine.  I may be, but make me see some good reasoning behind choosing to be homeless.  Because at the end of the day, it is ALWAYS a choice IMO


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: Masked] * 2
    #18621950 -

If you have little or nothing, and homeless, my experience is--if you have a dog, enough food, a little bit of stuff for the head, then camp out somewhere and enjoy it.  its not that bad.  Moping about it in an urban setting is horrible.


--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: starfire_xes]
    #18621966 -

I like camping.  That doesn't sound bad at all :grin:


Quote:
If you have little or nothing



...go out and make a lot or something

IMO


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: Masked]
    #18622004 -

Masked said:
I like camping.  That doesn't sound bad at all :grin:


Quote:
If you have little or nothing



...go out and make a lot or something

IMO



That's no fun. Never been homeless though. So people like it, like you said. Hallelujah I'm a bum.


--------------------
Your god is dead, and I killed him.

When you’re lost, here I am. Forever with your soul


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: Masked]
    #18622019 -

It was about good times for me, just being out in the world with no strings. My stint was brief, was going to go again and focus on rural areas instead of urban but realized I'm not down to trespass anymore (which comes with the territory), just tired of being on the wrong side of the law all the time.

Will be bumming out in a van soon, can't wait

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18622031 -

Really Im not homeless but im my town there are no jobs, Mcdonalds, KFC, Hungry jacks, kmart, coles, Safeway. All got people, all rejected.


--------------------
You know, just sometimes in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that 400th glass of cornershop piss at 3am--you do sometimes look at yourself and think--this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
-Bernard Black


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: kakashi68] * 4
    #18622050 -

For me being homeless meant camping out for about a month until I scarped up enough money to make something happen. Working as many hours as I could, Charging my laptop, shaver, and phone at the library or work. Walking EVERYWHERE Showering at the gym and living off of PB&J's. It was fun to jerk off out in nature though. :shrug:

Oh and I was homeless because my parents kicked me out right after I turned 18. I went to a blink concert that night one of the best nights of my life. Then I went straight to the mountains and set up camp.


--------------------

Every little thing is gonna be alright:heart:  All you need is love :love: Nobody's right, Nobody's wrong, Life's just a game it's just one epic holiday! :peace:

Edited by Lizard Eyes (07/28/13 01:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: Lizard Eyes]
    #18622075 -

there are PLENTY of documentaries to watch on netflix about being homeless, probably the most well known is Praswell from the Fugees "Skid Row".

was homeless for one night after Phish in Chicago on Saturday and slept on the street. definitely have a new profound appreciation for having what I have


--------------------
:dancingbear:

SonicTitan said:
"Id rail the same amount of come to crack"

https://soundcloud.com/matty_dread

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShrillGoldenChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: Lizard Eyes] * 2
    #18622079 -

Who be that hottie in your sig?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: Masked] * 1
    #18622084 -

For me it was a choice. My first time being homeless - I had a pretty good lab job at 22 making 40K a year but I just wasn't happy with my life and anything I was doing. Yeah, I worked hard in college for good grades but I was a social isolate. The kind of kid you see in class who doesn't talk to anybody, let alone give you much eye contact. I thought all people were inherently selfish because of biological and sociological conditioning.

I felt disenchanted and disillusioned with humanity and these feelings just snowballed into a feeling of total meaninglessness. Fuck it, I'm tired of living in a world that is full of fake ass people. I don't feel alive anymore so I'll quit my job and I'll quit everything and hopefully I'll die and blah, blah, blah. I'll go live under a bridge. Just madness man.

There isn't really much logic going on in a lot of these peoples heads. It doesn't help us not to be empathetic with these people as it will only make things worse. I can tell you that a lot of homeless and down-and-out people have lost their faith in humanity. Just try and help them out by giving them some sort of assurance that there are good people in the world and there is sufficient reason for them to do more/better. Try and give them a faith in humanity once again.


--------------------
Recursion said: "I am an observation that is numerically distant from the rest of an observational data set. I am not an ism."

Repertoire89 said: "Poop, you are one apart from a whole - poop."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18622092 -

Repertoire89 said:
Who be that hottie in your sig?



according to google it's valerie poxleitner. Aka Lights Bokan


--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18622095 -

I think it's a a lizard of some kind but I could be wrong.

:trolldance:
Lights


--------------------

Every little thing is gonna be alright:heart:  All you need is love :love: Nobody's right, Nobody's wrong, Life's just a game it's just one epic holiday! :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: Dawks]
    #18622097 -

Recursion said:
For me it was a choice. My first time being homeless - I had a pretty good lab job at 22 making 40K a year but I just wasn't happy with my life and anything I was doing. Yeah, I worked hard in college for good grades but I was a social isolate. The kind of kid you see in class who doesn't talk to anybody, let alone give you much eye contact. I thought all people were inherently selfish because of biological and sociological conditioning.

I felt disenchanted and disillusioned with humanity and these feelings just snowballed into a feeling of total meaninglessness. Fuck it, I'm tired of living in a world that is full of fake ass people. I don't feel alive anymore so I'll quit my job and I'll quit everything and hopefully I'll die and blah, blah, blah. I'll go live under a bridge. Just madness man.

There isn't really much logic going on in a lot of these peoples heads. It doesn't help us not to be empathetic with these people as it will only make things worse. I can tell you that a lot of homeless and down-and-out people have lost their faith in humanity. Just try and help them out by giving them some sort of assurance that there are good people in the world and there is sufficient reason for them to do more/better. Try and give them a faith in humanity once again.



Damn fine post




Dawks said:
Repertoire89 said:
Who be that hottie in your sig?



according to google it's valerie poxleitner.



:jimmies:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: Lizard Eyes]
    #18622100 -

Quote:
Who be that hottie in your sig?




damn dude she is banging!

shes also playing with that capo high as fuck! must be twangin them chords mighty coal-miner like


--------------------
:dancingbear:

SonicTitan said:
"Id rail the same amount of come to crack"

https://soundcloud.com/matty_dread

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShrillGoldenChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: tealeaf] * 1
    #18622306 -

Many homeless people are mentally ill. They can't get a job because they don't make sense when they try to talk. Sometimes they don't even know what a job is.


--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: healing] * 7
    #18622348 -

I was homeless for about 3 years off and on, partially by choice partially due to circumstance.
What happened to me was I went on a road trip down to Florida to visit a friend, got busted with a gram of weed and ended up in jail for 7-8 months. That pretty much fucked up my job, rent/living situation (5 states away), insurance, and all that shit, so I pretty much lost everything, I had to sell my car just to get out of Florida.

I said fuck it and just traveled around the country for the next 2 years, how? I dunno, miracles and magic and shit, and a lot of help from friends.
I learned a lot of things. Would not trade the experience. I know how to survive on almost nothing.
I managed to find a lot of work while homeless, all sort of odd jobs and ways to make money on the side that was NOT begging for change, which I have too much pride to do. I have many skills and knowledge so I used that.

It took me a while to get back 'on my feet' and back to 'normal reality' -(house, car, 9-5job, etc). But I did and it's like nothing ever happened except I missed a period of my life in my 20s where I could have been 'diversifying my stock portfolio and making mad bank' or whatever it is... but instead was out living life carefree except how I was going to eat. Now I stress out about money 100x more, now that I have a lot more money, but I guess I could have made a savings. Either way fuck it.

You probably shouldn't judge homeless people too much OP. There are many diverse reasons for people being homeless in the US, you can't just say oh they are all too lazy to work or whatever. Some people get fucked over hard and have no other choice. A lot of them are trying hard to get out of that situation, and for a lot of people homelessness is just a transitory period. Some people are homeless by choice.. and some people become homeless because they are lazy fuckheads or drug addicts.. but it's not all of them. A lot of people just get fucked by the system or whatever, and have no other fallback or choice. We don't all have rich families that give a fuck. Also the current system we have is not the greatest one ever devised. All these things and more are factors. There are a multitude of different reasons people become homeless. I've met plenty of homeless vietnam vets.. how does that even happen?

That said I never give money to homeless people. I never begged for it outside 7-11 when I was homeless, and I don't like when they ask me for it. I worked hard for what little I have. I worked for everything I have and built myself back up from ground zero with nothing. Like 3 or 4 times. But I'll get them some food or something, if they are hungry. Cause being hungry sucks.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: Masked]
    #18622370 -

I don't even know what "homeless" means anymore.  Anywhere can be a home. 

Do you mean living without a permanent structure over your head, and a job to grind away at? 

By that definition I've been "homeless". 

But I never FELT homeless, or thought of myself as such.

I have hung out with people who free-live on the beach...just living the simple life, simply existing.  No job, no money.  Living under a stack of leaves.  They never thought of themselves as homeless either to my knowledge.  They instead seemed very much at home where they were. 

A lot of people like this in the world just hate the system and don't want to play anymore, so they quit and go free-live somewhere.  I can relate to that.  It's a personal choice, for many. 

For others...they have fallen between the cracks of society due to various factors and for these it is incredibly difficult to get back, even if they want to.  These days if you lack documentation identifying you as who you are, you're fucked.  I once lost every one of my ID's.  Getting a job without one was a nightmare.  Getting replacement IDs WITHOUT AN ID...was nearly impossible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: Masked]
    #18622374 -

Masked said:
Specifically, looking for shroomerites experience with being homeless.

I make this thread because I'm realizing just how many shroomerites are or were homeless at one point.

In my opinion, a certain drug lifestyle is definitely a good candidate for it.

I'm sure there are others, but repetoire and stillnox are two members I know who said they were somewhat homeless at one time.

I can't understand it. I have had to work hard for everything I have.  I know that my world doesn't consist of where I was born...if there is no work, move.  If you can't find work, bullshit, stop being picky.

I dunno, I just can't understand why someone is jobless and homeless.

Please explain why it happened and what it took to get out of it.

And if you got out of it, why did you let it happen in the first place? because obviously when you were ready and willing, you were able to effect change, thus making you not homeless anymore.

I looked at the statistics and it's mind boggling how many people are homeless.  I just can't understand it.

Maybe those experienced can help me have some sympathy and understanding towards it?

I pretty much think of a junkie, lazy bum.  mcdonalds is ALWAYS hiring.  treeplanters up here are some of the scummiest people on earth lol.  They hire anyone.  There's ALWAYS work if you want it.  But I think a lot of homeless people don't want it.  They want to "live free", which is another way of saying, all they can think about is their next fix.  Am I wrong?  guaranteed some will think I am and that's fine.  I may be, but make me see some good reasoning behind choosing to be homeless.  Because at the end of the day, it is ALWAYS a choice IMO




I was homeless for close to a year at one point. My only explanation is I was high in the wrong way.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: MOTH]
    #18622405 -

MOTH said:
For others...they have fallen between the cracks of society due to various factors and for these it is incredibly difficult to get back, even if they want to.  These days if you lack documentation identifying you as who you are, you're fucked.  I once lost every one of my ID's.  Getting a job without one was a nightmare.  Getting replacement IDs WITHOUT AN ID...was nearly impossible.



Also THIS. Once you become homeless, it's increasingly more difficult to find a job. "Normal people" have trouble finding a job. Good luck finding a 9-5 when you don't have a home, or a phone for them to call you, or ID, or haven't shaved or whateverthefuck. Once you get stuck it's hard to get out without a LOT of work.

But like Moth says, many people just are 'homeless' to live the simple life.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please explain being homeless to me [Re: Shroomism]
    #18622408 -

Az0th said:
I was homeless for about 3 years off and on, partially by choice partially due to circumstance.
What happened to me was I went on a road trip down to Florida to visit a friend, got busted with a gram of weed and ended up in jail for 7-8 months. That pretty much fucked up my job, rent/living situation (5 states away), insurance, and all that shit, so I pretty much lost everything, I had to sell my car just to get out of Florida.

I said fuck it and just traveled around the country for the next 2 years, how? I dunno, miracles and magic and shit, and a lot of help from friends.
I learned a lot of things. Would not trade the experience. I know how to survive on almost nothing.
I managed to find a lot of work while homeless, all sort of odd jobs and ways to make money on the side that was NOT begging for change, which I have too much pride to do. I have many skills and knowledge so I used that.

It took me a while to get back 'on my feet' and back to 'normal reality' -(house, car, 9-5job, etc). But I did and it's like nothing ever happened except I missed a period of my life in my 20s where I could have been 'diversifying my stock portfolio and making mad bank' or whatever it is... but instead was out living life carefree except how I was going to eat. Now I stress out about money 100x more, now that I have a lot more money, but I guess I could have made a savings. Either way fuck it.

You probably shouldn't judge homeless people too much OP. There are many diverse reasons for people being homeless in the US, you can't just say oh they are all too lazy to work or whatever. Some people get fucked over hard and have no other choice. A lot of them are trying hard to get out of that situation, and for a lot of people homelessness is just a transitory period. Some people are homeless by choice.. and some people become homeless because they are lazy fuckheads or drug addicts.. but it's not all of them. A lot of people just get fucked by the system or whatever, and have no other fallback or choice. We don't all have rich families that give a fuck. Also the current system we have is not the greatest one ever devised. All these things and more are factors. There are a multitude of different reasons people become homeless. I've met plenty of homeless vietnam vets.. how does that even happen?

That said I never give money to homeless people. I never begged for it outside 7-11 when I was homeless, and I don't like when they ask me for it. I worked hard for what little I have. I worked for everything I have and built myself back up from ground zero with nothing. Like 3 or 4 times. But I'll get them some food or something, if they are hungry. Cause being hungry sucks.



Not everyone can work odd jobs. Not everyone has skills or knowledge. Not everyone can find a way to make money at all. Some people can't even spare for change. Some people just starve to death. Some people's family were murdered. Some people were forced to murder their family. Some people get their arms chopped off for being in the wrong village that day. Some people get kidnapped and sold into slavery. Not all homeless people live in the US.


--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Police slash tents of homeless
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Liquid_Dimension 10,537 87 10/19/07 04:51 PM
by GbBaker
* Top-Notch Homeless Shelter OneMoreRobot3021 938 0 04/19/05 12:16 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Police and SWAT team destroy homeless folks tents with box cutters! St. Pete, FLA dr0mni 4,434 14 08/07/14 08:59 AM
by fluffy clouds
* Indigos help homeless in France ShroomismM 1,862 15 03/13/07 01:21 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* whats your opinion on being homeless?
( 1 2 3 all )
CptnGarden 5,763 59 08/30/07 10:28 AM
by indica
* How many steps away from the homeless do you think you really are?
( 1 2 all )
DrCamacho89 3,568 31 05/12/07 12:26 AM
by Bigrichshrooms
* I got into a fight with two homeless guys on St Patty's Day!
( 1 2 all )
Photoguy 5,044 27 03/18/05 03:53 PM
by drtyfrnk
* Helping the homeless ToTheSummit 949 3 12/13/06 06:12 PM
by BuddahKillah

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,126 topic views. 4 members, 204 guests and 123 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.