Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Replies in ODD
    #1485155 - 04/23/03 02:13 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Sometimes, when i reply to posts in ODD, they never show up. I'd say 70% of the time, but that's just an estimate.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Re: Replies in ODD [Re: felix]
    #1485498 - 04/23/03 08:51 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Isn't ODD fully moderated, that maybe why your posts don't show up immediatley or not at all!

--------------------

Anonymous

#1485586 - 04/23/03 09:29 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1486131 - 04/23/03 12:51 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

If you have a question about a specific post feel free to send me a copy of it. Read the rules and give the post some time to show up because it must be reviewed before it shows up.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Edited by Ripple (04/24/03 04:25 PM)

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: Replies in ODD [Re: Ripple]
    #1488345 - 04/24/03 02:58 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i don't post bullshit in ODD. i wouldn't waste my time trying to break rules in odd. usually, i'm just giving out some good advice, suggestions, or throwing my 2 cents in.

giving it time to show up is funny, because i'll wait and wait(i'm pretty patient) while reading all these other posts that are popping up in the same thread...then i just forget i make a post and give up.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflineUnknown
Confused,dizzy,wheream I again?
Loc: MA
    #1491915 - 04/25/03 01:43 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I had the same problem,after a while they show up now,but it takes a couple hours,if I enter the post and go look it won't even show up.This only happened in ODD

--------------------
The above is just like,my opinion man

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Replies in ODD [Re: Anonymous]
    #1492576 - 04/25/03 09:46 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Sometimes mods are around checking not yet approved posts and other times not. Depends on who's around and working for the promptness of your post to show up.

Anonymous

Re: Replies in ODD [Re: neuro]
    #1492817 - 04/25/03 11:03 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineUnknown
    #1493090 - 04/25/03 12:21 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Sometimes mods are around checking not yet approved posts and other times not.

What do you mean ?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1493249 - 04/25/03 01:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

Sometimes mods are around checking not yet approved posts and other times not.

What do you mean ?

ODD is fully moderated which is clearly posted in the forum rules. Posts must be approved before being seen in the forum. If no-one is at work, the posts don't get approved until a moderator sees them and approves them.

Read the ODD forum rules if this isn't clear enough.

As a matter of fact, several of the forums have rules, it's just that nobody bothers to read them.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1493252 - 04/25/03 01:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The ODD forum is now fully moderated. Please see this thread.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Replies in ODD [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1493279 - 04/25/03 01:12 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ODD is fully moderated which is clearly posted in the forum rules. Posts must be approved before being seen in the forum. If no-one is at work, the posts don't get approved until a moderator sees them and approves them.

Read the ODD forum rules if this isn't clear enough.

As a matter of fact, several of the forums have rules, it's just that nobody bothers to read them.

Well said, atleast someone knows what they're talking about!

OfflineUnknown
Re: Replies in ODD [Re: geokills]
    #1493485 - 04/25/03 01:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Posts must be approved before being seen in the forum.

Well I'll be damned! I didn't even know that,I read the ODD rules not too long ago,didn't see anything about this,maybe just wasn't pating enough attention.

--------------------

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

#1493759 - 04/25/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Do you look at the screen after you pots? It even says your post won't show up until it's reviewed by a moderator.

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#1495335 - 04/26/03 04:07 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i don't think you guys understand. i make a post, it never shows up.
let me reiterate that for you. i make a post, it never shows up. interesting.
not worried about it though....just thought it was interesting.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1496131 - 04/26/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Your posts may not be approved for any number of reasons.  Including but not limited to off-topic comments, inaccurate or potentially dangerous information, flames, illegal sources/advice, and even general immaturity or incoherance.

I can't stress enough, that people need to use the Search feature before posting in ODD.  Over half of the posts that I decline are simply redundant in nature.  The majority of the rest are off-topic, and the few remaining are usually asking or giving specific doseage information or drug sources.

I know it sucks to put your time in a post and have it not show up - but overall, the moderators and administration here believe that it is doing the forum a great service in keeping down redundancy and providing for more stimulating discussion with no more of those "I just ate blah blah blah and am high azz fuk" type posts :grin:

Much of the membership also agrees that this is a step in a positive direction, so please bear with us and ensure impeccable judgement when posting :cool:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Replies in ODD [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1497514 - 04/27/03 08:58 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You know I'm quite sure that many people still don't know that the forum is fully moderated. I agree reading the rules is not a bad idea.

Felix, I have no idea why your posts are not being approved, if they fall into one of the categories that Geo outlined they won't get through. If you really feel that pertinent posts are not being approved I encourage you to keep a copy of the post and use the PM function to ask why.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Replies in ODD [Re: Ripple]
    #1500497 - 04/28/03 11:17 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I can understand the confusion here. I think the problem could be solved if the Admin's would fire off a quick PM that says "Post Disallowed" or some such.

Just so I know for sure that it was rejected, and not just lost/not sent or some such. I dont imagine this would take a huge amount of time out of an Admin's day. A reason isnt even necessary. Just a standard pre-drafted, "This post is considered not on-topic for the ODD forum". Ya know?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Replies in ODD [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1500595 - 04/28/03 12:12 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I can understand the confusion here. I think the problem could be solved if the Admin's would fire off a quick PM that says "Post Disallowed" or some such.

Just so I know for sure that it was rejected, and not just lost/not sent or some such. I dont imagine this would take a huge amount of time out of an Admin's day. A reason isnt even necessary. Just a standard pre-drafted, "This post is considered not on-topic for the ODD forum". Ya know?

I think an automated message would be a good idea, however if the people would have to take the time to send the PM it would definately not work.

It takes a lot of work to just review posts, and its hard enough keeping up with those.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Replies in ODD [Re: Thor]
    #1500750 - 04/28/03 01:26 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

And since I'm here, and nobody has answered my PM yet...I posted a reply on ODD, and it was approved, it showed up. Well, I check back 20 minutes later, and MY post is gone, replaced with a post saying essentially the same thing by the Admin. I'm not terribly upset, as it was the same information, but I'd like to know what the reasoning is behind this....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder