Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Depressurization after PC
    #14891960 -

My question is simply this: What is the deal with waiting for the PC to depressurize itself? What problems could occur if you manually depressurize it?


--------------------
Fuck L Ron Hubbard and Fuck all his clones. Fuck all those gun-toting Hip gangster wannabes. Fuck retro anything. Fuck your tattoos. Fuck all you junkies and Fuck your short memory. Fuck smiley glad-hands With hidden agendas. Fuck these dysfunctional, Insecure actresses. Learn to swim. Cuz I'm praying for rain and I'm praying for tidal waves I wanna see the ground give way. I wanna watch it all go down. Mom please flush it all away. I wanna watch it go right in and down. I wanna watch it go right in. Watch you flush it all away. Time to bring it down again. Don't just call me pessimist. Try and read between the lines. I can't imagine why you wouldn't Welcome any change, my friend. I wanna see it all come down. suck it down. flush it down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Depressurization after PC [Re: Selfindulgence]
    #14891986 -



--------------------
My Old Grow Logs


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Depressurization after PC [Re: Wing]
    #14891991 -

I always let the steam out, been doing it for two years, probably over 50 times, never had any of those problems. Not saying it's safe for everyone, but it seems to be a non issue for me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Depressurization after PC [Re: audiophoenix]
    #14892045 -

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6170996#6170996

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11804664#11804664


Read the links.  Wait for the PC to cool on its own. 

The search function is your best friend.

Edited by MycoUnderground (08/08/11 06:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Depressurization after PC [Re: MycoUnderground]
    #14892079 -

I see, this all just circles right back "patience is key". Thanks guys


--------------------
Fuck L Ron Hubbard and Fuck all his clones. Fuck all those gun-toting Hip gangster wannabes. Fuck retro anything. Fuck your tattoos. Fuck all you junkies and Fuck your short memory. Fuck smiley glad-hands With hidden agendas. Fuck these dysfunctional, Insecure actresses. Learn to swim. Cuz I'm praying for rain and I'm praying for tidal waves I wanna see the ground give way. I wanna watch it all go down. Mom please flush it all away. I wanna watch it go right in and down. I wanna watch it go right in. Watch you flush it all away. Time to bring it down again. Don't just call me pessimist. Try and read between the lines. I can't imagine why you wouldn't Welcome any change, my friend. I wanna see it all come down. suck it down. flush it down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Depressurization after PC [Re: MycoUnderground]
    #14892278 -

I respect RR's opinion, but I just leave my grains a little wet anyways, they come out to the perfect moisture level when I pop the stopper off the PC.

I think much of what RR said is intended for Noobs so that there is no possibility of anything going wrong. I understand that, but there are about 100 different things I have done on my own once I was comfortable with cultivation that have made my life a lot easier. I don't encourage new cultivators to go against RR or any of the TEKs, but I will say I have never had a jar break due to depressurization. It takes about a full minute for the pressure to deplete, and the idea that a jar would break under that seems pretty far fetched. Maybe if you instantly pulled the lid off or something but if you just wait a few minutes the jars will cool pretty quickly to a safe temperature. I save hours by doing this, and so far, no issues, no dry grains, no contams, no shards of glass.

I don't know what else to say except that my personal experience contradicts what is being said, not saying that everyone should do it, but if you are comfortable with cultivation and you are spending a lot of time waiting for the PC to cool down, you may want to experiment.

Again, all due respect to those that play it safe.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Depressurization after PC [Re: audiophoenix]
    #14892300 -

Well said!

I force depressurized my first time and everything turned out ok. I just figured I'd play it safe from then on to avoid any frustration and if this hobby has taught me anything, it's to be patient lol


--------------------
My Old Grow Logs


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* possible alternate to pc'ing birdseed.... atoning_unifex 1,369 13 06/19/02 08:14 PM
by atoning_unifex
* PC question AKA PC 1,444 5 04/08/03 11:33 PM
by AKA PC
* Removing bulk jars from pc before cooled. OmegaRed 1,039 7 11/06/03 06:42 PM
by Demiurge
* quick PC depressurizing and cooling e7c 988 7 10/08/03 12:48 PM
by psilomonkey
* how much water in PC? punkgod94 2,416 11 10/22/04 12:14 PM
by punkgod94
* popcorn jars: shake immediately after PC cools? Uber 1,249 4 02/16/03 09:08 PM
by Wheedhead!
* Oven bags in a PC??? Teknion 1,324 4 11/02/03 10:20 AM
by ar393
* Pressure cooker rapid depressurization testing.
( 1 2 all )
gluvbox 4,045 33 11/24/09 07:46 AM
by Batista

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
743 topic views. 11 members, 58 guests and 153 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.