Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBillowz
Fellow Shaman
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: ninjahedge]
    #1487761 - 04/23/03 10:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

For me I've eaten them dried before aswell as mixing from powder into OJ. I would say I like the OJ better for several reasons.

I can't exactly say that I hate the taste of mushrooms so much as I hate the texture (of dried that is). For me it tastes like I'm eating bark or sandpaper or something and it just causes me to gag. Infact I'm tasting nothing at all almost like paper but it's just so damn nasty for me I dunno why.

So I make the drink, it takes me not more than a few seconds to powder my shrooms mix them in and Drink down. Doesn't taste like anythign at all, and I come up faster because I have powdered them.

My 2cents anyways...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevisual
Stranger
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: Billowz]
    #2674616 - 05/13/04 04:22 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i boiled mine like i would Tea,butused the water in a gallon jug, doubled the koolaid,and doubled the sugar required for a gallon jug. It tasted like Hi C or Hawain Punch. Trip was awesome 8 hours. Taste was great,i have done this with 3 flavors,all of them ROCKED.

www.audiostreet.net/tiedstik
www.audiostreet.net/tiedstik2

shroom inspired tunes i wrote(guitar) (whole band on recording)

Anonymous

Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: liftedoff420]
    #2680419 - 05/14/04 10:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Just one word PEANUTBUTTER

Offlinetrancefishy
ambiguity

Loc: under the stars
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: ]
    #2685964 - 05/16/04 09:45 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Couple things:

I have made mushroom cider, with good results. I just ground up some mushies, let them soak for 20 or 30 minutes in cold apple cider, strained, drank, enjoyed.

Also, there is a tea called Egyptian Licorice made by Yogi Tea company, which masks the taste of mushrooms incredibly well. it contains (all organic, or course) licorice root, cinnamon bark, orange peel, ginger root, cardamon seed, black pepper, clove bud. ratios are a mystery. you can find this at food co-ops and maybe grocery stores.

Third thing, fresh mushies are the best to eat, in my opinion. dried are convenient for camping. but NEVER eat half-dried mushrooms. somehow they are worse than fresh or dried, ugh!!

Invisibleboeha
explorer

#2690284 - 05/17/04 05:39 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I see a lot of people that sort of like dried mushrooms :eek:

I don't, dried mushrooms to me taste like dog shit...
I've tried chewing them; but it takes very long (45minutes), and it's very hard to endure. :sad:

So I grind them up; put it in a juice; stir for 15 minutes and then drink it in 15 seconds.

I think I'll use grapefruit-juice next time; just read that it can enhance drugs; because your liver doesn't detox the psylocin that much if grapefruit-juice has been ingested.
Any thoughts on this?

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

OfflineandySENSE311
nugget <3
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: visual]
    #2691456 - 05/17/04 01:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hey visual.. i listened to your tunes->
www.audiostreet.net/tiedstik
www.audiostreet.net/tiedstik2

pretty sick. i rlly like joshs song :smile:

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: Cracka_X]
    #2691776 - 05/17/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cracka_X said:
fresh is the best 

:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: Krishna]
    #2691801 - 05/17/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

tea from freshies is the best .....

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineHardicus
MR
Male
Loc: Australia
    #2709892 - 05/21/04 03:02 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I've taken mushrooms in lots of ways, i'll list what I thought of them. All my experiences have been with P.Subaeruginosa.

Eaten Raw, Just picked - Love it! :laugh: Tastes just like regular edibles, with a little bit of a different taste to it. But I have to say I really like the concept of eating them the way they were intended to be eaten. Only done this once, as eating as you pick is not always convenient, but I had little stomach discomfort and a very 'fresh' trip.

Dried, chewed - No problem here, pretty tasteless, keeps you occupied for a while, just like eating little chips.

Dried, in tea - I find tea trips extremely mellow, long duration, few visuals, just more of a stoned experience. On the plus side I get less nausea this way. If I decide to drink the dregs at the bottom of the tea cup, it's very hard to get down, makes me gag.

Dried/Capped - Very conveniant, even if it does mean swallowing up to 10 caps. I find this way hardest on the stomach, but is the most conveniant way of taking them.

I've heard of people chopping dried mushrooms finely and putting them in a bowl, and then eating corn chips dipped in salsa, and dipping the chip into the bowl of mushrooms. Sounds like a good method to me, might try it some time.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: ]
    #2710050 - 05/21/04 04:50 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Magus66 said:
Just one word PEANUTBUTTER

That was 2 words before you got ahold of it.

One more word CHOCOLATE!

...but they're the strongest fresh,
most convenient dried(I get used to the chewy palatability after the first one or 2),
and the most versatile powdered!

OfflineaNewPerception
candy eater
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2713055 - 05/21/04 09:55 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i havent ever eaten shrooms dry in my life.. although i have tripped a LOT, they were with PB and J, and the other times i blended them in a vanilla-banana,cinnamon mix. i cant stand the taste of the shrooms in the blended mix, i just plug my nose, drink, stop, repeat. i got friends who jsut eat em like chips! i wish i could do it like that...

Offlinestarfungi
daydreamer

Loc: south pacific
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: Hardicus]
    #2719325 - 05/23/04 05:14 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Hm, everyone seems to have a different say about the tea preparation.

Let's break this down:
-The two main "ingredients" are Psilocybin and Psilocin (as everyone knows).
-Psilocin is the more sensitive of the two and breaks down pretty easily while Psilocybin is more stable.
-The blueing on shrooms is the psilocin breaking down.

So it seems that by making mushroom tea, the psilocin would suffer the most. So mushrooms with a lot of psilocin that bruise blue heavily, like cubensis and subaeruginosa, would lose more potency than the ones with mainly psilocybin (semilanceata).
Also, the difference between making tea from fresh shrooms and eating them fresh would be bigger than making tea from dry shrooms and eating them dry. Why? Because the dried mushrooms have already lost some degree of psilocin.
As to the difference in the character of the trip, my guess is that when boiling some other less active alkaloids like baeocystin die as well.

Does anyone know the actual temperatures where these substances start to break down?

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: starfungi]
    #2722441 - 05/24/04 11:26 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, munching them fresh is the way to go. I'm going to have to make some tea with fresh mushrooms sometime soon. If the mushrooms are dried I'm going to have to say that, though it may seem counterintuative due to psilocin's sensitivity to temperature, I've had my most intense experiences with mushroom tea. I tend to avoid eating the floaters are refill the cup with water and get three or four cups down, then eat the squidgy mushroom pulp that's at the bottom of the cup.

It's kind of weird, as a kid I always hated the taste of ordinary food mushrooms and disliked oyster and shiitake mushrooms even more, so I anticipated HATING the taste of mushrooms when I first tried them. But I actually really liked the taste and had no trouble chewing them until there was naught but pulpy goo left in my mouth. Go figure...

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates