Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh
    #1359056 - 03/08/03 07:20 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

is there a differency in potency?

this dude i kno said he drank a tea and he was tripping/buzzed for almost 2 days

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: liftedoff420]
    #1359063 - 03/08/03 07:24 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Either your friend had what sounds like a pretty bad trip, or that wasn't the right type of tea..

As for the difference in potency... I don't notice a difference, but I've seen plenty of people here make the claim that it is a less intense trip.

I will say that it seems to come on a bit faster  :smile:

well - good-times to you man

edit (addition): regarding your friend.. I dunno man there may be some type of health issue or something..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (03/08/03 07:30 PM)

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1359790 - 03/09/03 06:35 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

I agree with Strumpling. Tea hits you harder, but fades quicker. You also face the risk of destroying some of the actives with the hot water.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #1359893 - 03/09/03 07:43 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

/

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/07/07 05:50 PM)

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #1359943 - 03/09/03 08:15 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

This is a letter I send to a friend. I was trying to explain it to him.

Psilocybe Mushrooms

This dude was talking about tea and its positive aspects and he said a lot of things I didn't know. I'll try to sum it up in my own words.
First he said that making shroom tea reduces the dose by a little less than half the potency. But, since the psilocybin is all defused into the tea juice, your stomach doesn't have to digest it (chemicals can just go straight from the lining of you stomach/intestines to your bloodstream). So you get all the effect much faster and all at once, thus more visuals. Also the whole experience is shorter, due to the psilocybin lost in the heat during the tea making process.

When we eat the shroom whole, our stomachs have to digest the actual fruit mass of the mushroom before the psilocybin can be dispersed into the blood stream (much like a time released pill). This accounts for the time it takes for the trip to begin as well as the waves of intensity at the beginning. This also causes the experience to last longer because the trip is spread out, instead of all at once.

I would prefer not or make tea or cool aid partly because I feel uncomfortable destroying some of my mushroom's potency. But I have a better way to insure a stronger trip with less mushrooms. >You make the mushrooms into a powder by grinding or blendering them. You can get a faster digestion rate this way. It wont be quite as high as the tea but it would be close. Then put the powder into some ice-cream and milk in a blender. Ive heard you can disguise the taste 100% this way. You know, a milk shake!

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ�...
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1359977 - 03/09/03 08:30 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

I would prefer not or make tea or cool aid partly because I feel uncomfortable destroying some of my mushroom's potency. But I have a better way to insure a stronger trip with less mushrooms

Juice will NOT Kill any of the actives man, not unless you boil the mushrooms in it.

I highly recommend using any type of cold beverage like Juice or Kool Aid, and add a little lemon juice to it to make it a little more acidic, but not to do tea unless you boil it then let it cool to a luke warm and then add the mushrooms, plus a little lemon juice if you want.
I have only noticed a speedier onset with this method and have accounted for no loss in the duration of the trip, unless you add the time waiting for it to hit you :smirk:.   

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: TeKn0]
    #1360034 - 03/09/03 08:54 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

If you chew them until there is nothing left to chew it comes on super fast and powerful. And NOTHING is wasted.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Offlinepillsbury420
psychedelicscientist

Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: sirreal]
    #1364484 - 03/11/03 01:33 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I would fucking puke if i kept them in my mouth for too long.. but thats just me.

--------------------
The day you were born, you were born free. That is your privilege.

I forgot to remember.

InvisibleFick_Duck
Truffle Shuffle
Male

Loc: The Hamburger Train
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: pillsbury420]
    #1364688 - 03/11/03 03:10 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

i hear ya man, i cant chew that shit to a pulp, too nasty. maybe if you did the honey thing (coat the shrooms with honey), that might help, never tried that though. i put mine in the coffee grinder till theyre powder and mix em with a double shot of orange juice, then chase that with fresh orange juice. its still nasty, but i think of it like some nasty ass whiskey, no pain, no gain.

--------------------
"To know life you must fuck it in the liver." -Dr. Frankenstein, Andy Warhols Frankenstein

Offlinediacamomo
Children of theVortex

Loc: Inside My Mind
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: Fick_Duck]
    #1365534 - 03/11/03 08:33 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

I love the taste of my mushies....taste,shape,color,odor...

--------------------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: diacamomo]
    #1365622 - 03/11/03 09:02 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

If you do not enjoy the taste of the mushrooms maybe you should not be partaking of them! Part of the experience is being able to eat them. If you cannot "tolerate" the taste of them, maybe you are not ready for the experience. I love everything about magic mushrooms! including the taste!

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Edited by sirreal (03/11/03 09:05 AM)

OfflineShrewDigsby
Toker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shrewtown somewhere near ...
    #1366833 - 03/11/03 04:28 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

So just cuz someone's tastebuds really hate mushrooms then that person isn't ready and shouldn't experiment w/ the psychedelic experience? That's silly.

--------------------
Marijuana is a horticultural plant.  Hemp is an industrial weed.  I believe they were both provided to us by GOD to use and enjoy.

OfflineTRaNcE_TriPPeR
TRaNcE FoRTriPPiNG!
Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1366875 - 03/11/03 04:46 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

I have done them both, and shroom tea more recently. I like shroom tea a lot better then eating them. Sometimes they don't taste bad at all and other times, they taste absolutely disgusting. Shroom tea brings on the trip faster but I do notice the duration is a little less then when I eat them. But then again, my trips generally only last about 3-4 hours. I have had a few exceptions where my trips lasted about 8 hours (on 3.5 grams)

--------------------
"GROOVY" - Popular 60's Slang :smirk:

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: ShrewDigsby]
    #1367220 - 03/11/03 06:35 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

that is pretty silly...

the best way, in my opinion, is to take them fresh or dried with orange juice.  the oj helps in so many ways.  i think the extra acid helps break down the mushrooms and plus you get a bunch of vitamins.  orange juice is like liquid energy. :laugh:  it's just good for you and it tastes good.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: ShrewDigsby]
    #1368272 - 03/12/03 06:02 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Yeah, that was kind of unfair. I was pretty buzzed when I posted that.

But it is hard for me to understand why some people have such a hard time with the way mushrooms taste. Fresh they taste like regular mushrooms just slightly bitter. Dried they taste kinda sweet. I understand that some people do not like the taste of mushrooms at all but it only lasts for a minute or two. Tough it out and don't waste anything.

--------------------
-----------

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
    #1369396 - 03/12/03 12:38 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

If you got some sweet tasting dried shrooms, then please spread them spores around!

--------------------

Offlinechessrook
Wanderer
Loc: Western NC
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: chunder]
    #1370082 - 03/12/03 03:48 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

There's an age-old method to get down almost any nasty tasting substance: hold your nose while you chew and don't let go till you swallow. Almost all our sense of taste is actually smell (besides the basics : salt, sugar, bitter, sour). The subtleties of any food flavor is actually in the smell. So, hold your nose until you chew the mushrooms to a pulp, then swallow. The only hard part is breathing through your mouth while you chew.

You'll be surprised at how effective this is. It works for children taking medicine etc....

Be well

Offlinepleasesmokemarijuana
Blackface.

Loc: Ontario
Re: whats better? shroom tea or eating shrooms dried/fresh [Re: chunder]
    #1370093 - 03/12/03 03:51 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

I kinda like the taste, it's sort of like the shells of sunflower seeds.

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

#1389421 - 03/18/03 07:59 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Yeah, that was kind of unfair. I was pretty buzzed when I posted that.

But it is hard for me to understand why some people have such a hard time with the way mushrooms taste. Fresh they taste like regular mushrooms just slightly bitter. Dried they taste kinda sweet. I understand that some people do not like the taste of mushrooms at all but it only lasts for a minute or two. Tough it out and don't waste anything. 

Fresh is by far the best way to go, with any strain. Unfortunately it's not always convenient :frown:
Eating dried cubensis is a breeze, and in fact they do actually taste good.
Dried liberty caps are stringy/wirey, while the caps tend to soften with the saliva the stems stay that way and get caught between the teeth. Also they have a real oper-powering musty odour.
Wavy caps (psilocybe cyanescens) have caps that are as rough as leather and I find this very difficult to get down without gagging when trying to eat dry.

As for tea making the best way is to actually keep the fruit bodies in the tea. So while you're sipping your tea, you eating the floating shrooms and when you've finished the tea you can eat the rest of the rehydrated shrooms.
No waste, faster comeup, same duration, no overpowering dry musty mush taste :wink:

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1389462 - 03/18/03 08:17 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

After experimenting quite a bit with tea I've decided to stick with just eating the dried shrooms.
Tea pros: none
Tea neutral: faster comeup
Tea cons: hassle to make, some psiloc(yb)in is destroyed, much shorter duration of trip
Better do some experimenting of your own to see if tea is worth it for you  :wink: 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals