Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Mushrooms that fruit in fall also fruit in spring?
    #1457195 - 04/14/03 03:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hey,

So, now that spring is upon us I was wondering if I could expect to find, say, liberty caps fruiting? I would think that mushrooms would fruit whenever conditions were right, so wouldn't that mean that if a mushroom likes the colder, rainy weather of the fall, it would also like the colder rainy weather of springtime? Or are there other factors that contribute to what season a mushroom fruits in?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Mushrooms that fruit in fall also fruit in spring? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1457463 - 04/14/03 05:13 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

YEs it takes all year for the liberty cap mycelium to spread aropund the roots of wild grasses to grow.

SOmetimes a few might nbe see in July but they area fall wpeices as are baeos, P. cyans, P. azures, P cyanofibrillosa, P. strictipes, etc. to name a few. They come up in late AUgust to December and then again in different habitats. Stuntzii's grow all year long. They are a pasture mushrom which is rarely ever found in a pasture where they grow one or two or a clump or two and that is it.

When spores hit well fertilized sod and or lawns they fruit abundantly for two to three years and then they are gone, espceially if no fertilizers are continued inthe patches of grass.

P. fimetaria and P. subfimetaria are also manured shrooms from cow pier and very rarely are foound ever in the wild. Always in man made environments.

Spring shrooms are Conocybe cyanopus, C. smithii, and various species of Panaeolus and Copelandia, and P. cubensis in tropical and subtroopical climates.

The later, like Copelandias can grow all year long inthe deep southeast USA but not durinbg the extreme cold months or the extreme hot months, A few might aappear in a hot month after rain but rare.

Blue ringers in Seattle have been known at times to fruit all year long, but the massive pathes are few and far in between.

havve a shroomy day.

mj

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Mushrooms that fruit in fall also fruit in spring? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1458899 - 04/15/03 12:46 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, informative post, thanks a lot!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification