Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefriartuck
Man of God

Loc: England
Political / Spiritual Sweure`
    #1420223 - 03/31/03 07:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey gang, it's me again. How have you been? Excellent, excellent.

In a post on another universe our demigod hero who has arisen to claim peace for all in the spirit of the red flesh that hangs from his bones:

>The obvious commonality between the article that you posted and 9/11 was that in each case innocent civilians were slaughtered.

>I was gauging the size of your heart. To some people the acts of 9/11 were merely an American "comeuppance" and the deaths of innocent Iraqis mean little more than expected "colateral damage".

>The death of any innocent party to any conflict is always a tragedy. To think otherwise is to become the evil we say we abhor.

I disagree. I see death as a natural part of life and try not to get too worked up about it. I do undersand that this is not something that is easy to do, and it might not even be natural, but then what difference does that make?

The point is that people die all the time. ALL the time, they never stop dying, so these minor and occasional decreases in global population is not atrocious to me.

Personal death, or the loss of a loved one is much more difficult, however, then people we watch die on television. A connection is severed and time is required to heal from the wound. But this is also not a reason to expect and even accept death. Easier said than done, sure, but evil? I don't know.

In order to attain the goal, or at least the way in which I seem to be shredding my shrowd of mourning. is by expecting it and accepting it as a natural part of what happens to people all the time.

I do not think that that is a particularly evil way to look at death. It is extremely alternative though, so I can understand why people might feel otherwise.

Some people say that if you do not grieve "properly" you are somehow hurting yourself. I think this is false. You never know how you are going to deal with a death until someone dies, and to say that one way of coping with the loss is better than another way is wrong because people are what people are.

Anyway, this is nothing but pure "hello"

--------------------
This post has been brought to you by:

www.thedarkunderbelly.com/phpbb

Never give up, never surrender.

If you're seeing bitterness, perhaps the time has come to clean the shit from your eyes.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Political / Spiritual Sweure` [Re: friartuck]
    #1420240 - 03/31/03 07:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You don't think that events like 9/11 and the Baghdad bombing are tragic? I think you do. I think you think it's tragic that these deaths cause so much sadness because people shouldn't get hung up on death the way they do, according to you. Right?

Offlinefriartuck
Man of God

Loc: England
Re: Political / Spiritual Sweure` [Re: Dogomush]
    #1420338 - 03/31/03 08:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, you are right. It is tragic and wrong, but that doesn't mean I have to waste negative emotional energy on it.

I think that is what I am trying to say, not that murder is just.

--------------------
This post has been brought to you by:

www.thedarkunderbelly.com/phpbb

Never give up, never surrender.

If you're seeing bitterness, perhaps the time has come to clean the shit from your eyes.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Political / Spiritual Sweure` [Re: friartuck]
    #1421597 - 04/01/03 04:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

"waste negative emotional energy"

I guess that "wasting" energy is stupid, or it wouldn't be called "wasting." But since when is it a waste? And who says that the emotional energy used is negative?

And then let's go back to what you actually said. "waste negative emotional energy on it." Well, if you waste negative emotional energy, then you are getting rid of "negative emotional energy" which sounds good to me. Who wants negative emotional energy?

But again, I have no clue what you mean by the words "negative" "energy" and I don't know what makes "energy" "emotional." And I'm just kinda having fun with rhetoric.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology