Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Hypnotherapy.
    #13890192 -

I just downloaded a 'Paul Mckenna: Supreme Self-confidence' torrent and I was wondering if anyone here has used hypnotherapy before. If so, did it work? Any comments will be much appreciated. :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnotherapy. [Re: ROFL_my_ WAFFLE]
    #13892912 -

124 views and no responses? :bubbles:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnotherapy. [Re: ROFL_my_ WAFFLE]
    #13895664 -

I did a 4-hours-sleep (is all you need) one with Dick Sutphen that didn't really work. I think that was my fault though, I always kept thinking about stuff.

Also did hynotherapy with a qualified hypnotherapist, it was pretty much the same as listening to a tape. :shrug: No results really, just got really relaxed.


--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnotherapy. [Re: circastes]
    #13897856 -

Self-hypnosis can definitely be effective; no need to pay hundreds of dollars to see a hypnotherapist when you can do it yourself.


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnotherapy. [Re: ROFL_my_ WAFFLE]
    #13898419 -

Why don't you give that one you downloaded a shot and let us know how it works out?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnotherapy. [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #13899514 -

I've listened to it two nights in a row now... it says you should listen to it every day for at least three weeks.

I feel a lot more positive about things. My dreams have been better (better meaning not disturbing) and I stopped listening to angry music. Also, when I've gotten into a trance, I basically feel pure euphoria.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnotherapy. [Re: ROFL_my_ WAFFLE]
    #13899771 -

Well that sounds pretty fucking awesome. I'll try to get my hands on a copy. You listen to it while sleeping?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnotherapy. [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #13899833 -

I listen to it in bed right before falling asleep. Also, I like to drink some mint tea beforehand to help relax.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnotherapy. [Re: ROFL_my_ WAFFLE]
    #13899912 -

Cool... honestly, doing anything that helps you meditate daily for three weeks will have the same effects, but it's pretty hard to convince the mind to do so, so what ever works is worth a shot. I've got a copy downloadin...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnotherapy. [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #13899918 -

I have some confidence problems, so I might as well hit two birds with one stone. :tongue:

But yeah, this is mainly my introduction to meditating.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnotherapy. [Re: ROFL_my_ WAFFLE]
    #13899928 -

Word... confidence problems are the norm for people who can't convince themselves to meditate, in my experience.

I could definitely use it for both reasons as well, haha. I have experimented with various meditative acts, but have yet to find one that I'm willing to do daily. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnotherapy. [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #13899956 -

Yeah, I was much more confident when I was a kid and prayed, but I'm not religious anymore. :shrug:

I've been starting to become 'spiritual' in a more buddhist sense I guess, but it still hasn't fleshed out or anything.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnotherapy. [Re: ROFL_my_ WAFFLE]
    #13900017 -

I've been studying into all sorts of spirituality for the last ten years... I was raised in a christian environment and never "felt the spirit" at all, so I undertook a sort of logical crusade of attempting to unify my perceptions with the concept of spirit. Mushrooms helped open the door a lot, and then I started studying yogic practices, hinduism, buddhism, etc etc... definitely have made some progress and feel I have a lot more understanding of what I am "up against" so to speak... but still my actual meditative practices wane regularly.

Luckily, I love to play and sing music, so I've always had that creative outlet to give me an opportunity to enter a still state of being... but even that falls by the wayside when the stressors build up enough... always climbing back on my horse.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnotherapy. [Re: ROFL_my_ WAFFLE]
    #13900033 -

Quote:
ROFL_my_ WAFFLE said:I've been starting to become 'spiritual' in a more buddhist sense I guess, but it still hasn't fleshed out or anything.



Well, give it time... my advice would be to be as relaxed aout it as you can... consider that all spiritual references are a metaphor for the human experience, and are therefore relevant. It's just like art... you are perceiving it, and how you perceive it is what you are really taking from it. Everything's just a mirror of our internal worlds.

Edit: Not that you asked for my advice, haha. :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnotherapy. [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #13900114 -

I grew up in a Christian environment as well, and I thought everything was wrong except for Christianity until I was like 13, then for a few years I was agnostic Christian. Once I started smoking weed at like 16, I pondered about evolution (which blew my mind since I had always completely rejected it) and became an atheist for a few years. While tripping I had a 'spiritual' experience which made me start researching buddhism, taoism, hinduism, etc...


Thankfully I've always had a musical outlet as well (guitar, singing) so I can zone out and go with the flow pretty easily.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnotherapy. [Re: ROFL_my_ WAFFLE]
    #13900161 -

Cool... sounds like we are not so very much different. :smile: Do you perform in a band or anything? Got any tracks up online?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnotherapy. [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #13900193 -

Yeah mang, and we both like Death Note. :awehigh:


I just jam with friends, so no tracks. =/


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnotherapy. [Re: ROFL_my_ WAFFLE]
    #13900319 -

Death Note rocks for sure. :wink:

That's cool... I like to attempt to capture shit but it never comes out how I want... hah. I perform ike 1000x better when it's just a live and intimate performance for a couple people... turn on a camera or recorder and I clam right the fuck up, heh. Still working on that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Hypnotherapy
( 1 2 3 all )
DarkFluFFy 3,485 54 10/03/05 03:04 PM
by Locus
* An interesting read: (Christians, drugs, and disaster)
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 5,339 25 04/09/04 03:37 AM
by daba
* Just had two girls in my bed...couldn't "perform." PowerTrip 1,104 7 06/15/05 09:43 PM
by Ravus
* Couldn't perform ClammyJoe 1,139 10 02/28/06 08:44 AM
by Newbie
* Sleep issues WokenUndead 1,192 18 02/23/14 05:14 PM
by Spacerific
* Repressed memories
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 6,285 37 11/13/04 12:02 AM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Repressed Vs. False Memories blink 1,472 11 11/24/04 06:01 AM
by 3eyes
* Help me Anonymous 501 5 03/16/10 02:44 AM
by WhiskeyClone

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
917 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.