Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time)
    #13674559 -

Hey everyone. So, I've finally birthed my cakes yesterday and now they are sitting in the terrarium (originally a pretzel jar). I've poked four holes at the bottom underneath the perlite. However, I want to ask if I should poke anymore holes?

My worry is that if I poke anymore holes, due to the small size of the terrarium, the humidity might go down drastically. I do about 3-5 mistings/fannings per day. So, what do you guys think? Do you think I should poke more holes at the top/around the jar or is it OK as it is?




--------------------
Drug Experience: Caffeine, Codeine/Morphine, Psilocybin/Psilocin, Dream Herb (Calea Zacatechichi), Melatonin, N,N-DMT, LSD, Pramiracetam, Piracetam, Cannabis

ToDo: Galantamine, Hydergine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: XeR0]
    #13674580 -

Interesting idea for a terrarium. With the perlite you can more than afford more holes. I would punch em all over, almost like a shotgun terrarium. Your cakes need FAE and a lot of it for pinning.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: zcilag]
    #13680955 -

Thanks for the reply. I've poked some holes on the lid. Hasn't changed the condensation on the inside, then again, I think that's a good thing.

I think those holes and the fannings should be enough FAE for the cakes. I have another question: Is it OK if I re-case the cakes if the vermiculite fell off of them? The cakes have been getting bare and the verm has been falling off for some reason.


--------------------
Drug Experience: Caffeine, Codeine/Morphine, Psilocybin/Psilocin, Dream Herb (Calea Zacatechichi), Melatonin, N,N-DMT, LSD, Pramiracetam, Piracetam, Cannabis

ToDo: Galantamine, Hydergine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: XeR0]
    #13686423 -

I don't usually bump threads but I just hope someone can help me with this. Thanks...

*BUMP*


--------------------
Drug Experience: Caffeine, Codeine/Morphine, Psilocybin/Psilocin, Dream Herb (Calea Zacatechichi), Melatonin, N,N-DMT, LSD, Pramiracetam, Piracetam, Cannabis

ToDo: Galantamine, Hydergine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: XeR0]
    #13686457 -

Don't worry about the re-roll.  If your vermiculite is falling off, let it.  Handling your cakes will only increase your chances of contamination.  Patience is the key.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: MycoAu]
    #13686761 -

MycoAu said:
Don't worry about the re-roll.  If your vermiculite is falling off, let it.  Handling your cakes will only increase your chances of contamination.  Patience is the key.



:whathesaid:

Also make 1/4 inch holes every two inches. Start on the edges so that you can get more holes. Always go with more holes rather than less.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: Base Icks]
    #13687692 -

Right right. I'll poke a couple more holes on the jar itself. I'll see how I can do that since I've used a hammer and nail to do that and that just won't work in this case.


--------------------
Drug Experience: Caffeine, Codeine/Morphine, Psilocybin/Psilocin, Dream Herb (Calea Zacatechichi), Melatonin, N,N-DMT, LSD, Pramiracetam, Piracetam, Cannabis

ToDo: Galantamine, Hydergine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: XeR0]
    #13688432 -

I have used a pretzel container before, but I made into a mini mono tub jive. I used 1 1/2 pint jar of pf tek and some hpoo. I had decent results.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: cokane]
    #13688448 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: cokane]
    #13688701 -

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's used that. They're doing fine for now. I think, however, the temperature is too high because the mycelium keeps growing but there seems to be no pinning. I keep it in the warmest part of my room so I guess I'll have to move it and see what happens.


--------------------
Drug Experience: Caffeine, Codeine/Morphine, Psilocybin/Psilocin, Dream Herb (Calea Zacatechichi), Melatonin, N,N-DMT, LSD, Pramiracetam, Piracetam, Cannabis

ToDo: Galantamine, Hydergine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: XeR0]
    #13696621 -

i think next time ill try to double the depth of my substrate. i have the opposite problem in my house, it gets very cold at night time high 50's some nights.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: cokane]
    #13720933 -

Thought I'd give you all an update on how things are going with my FIRST GROW. So far so good. These things grow WAY FASTER than I've anticipated. The first photo is the first appearance of a pin. The last two are 12hrs apart and 3 days later. Let me know what you think.

The First Pin


3 days later


12 hours later

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: XeR0]
    #13720950 -

sex is pretty fast ;p


--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: k00laid]
    #13720981 -

And I'm supposed to spend a week away to visit my grandmother. I'm not sure my siblings could take care of them for me while I'm gone. They'll be more than mature by the time I get back. I'm thinking about taking them with me but I'm concerned about the contamination issue at my aunt's house (where I'll be staying).


--------------------
Drug Experience: Caffeine, Codeine/Morphine, Psilocybin/Psilocin, Dream Herb (Calea Zacatechichi), Melatonin, N,N-DMT, LSD, Pramiracetam, Piracetam, Cannabis

ToDo: Galantamine, Hydergine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: XeR0]
    #13721042 -

pick them before you leave.


--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: k00laid]
    #13721057 -

I'm leaving tomorrow night.


--------------------
Drug Experience: Caffeine, Codeine/Morphine, Psilocybin/Psilocin, Dream Herb (Calea Zacatechichi), Melatonin, N,N-DMT, LSD, Pramiracetam, Piracetam, Cannabis

ToDo: Galantamine, Hydergine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: XeR0]
    #13721110 -

i wouldnt ever drive in a car with a psilocybin manufacturing operation.

where i'm from i'd go to prison. not jail.


--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: k00laid]
    #13721170 -

Damn, you're right. I totally forgot about that :P. I'll figure out something. In the meantime, I gotta prepare my drying supplies and my spore printing stuff.


--------------------
Drug Experience: Caffeine, Codeine/Morphine, Psilocybin/Psilocin, Dream Herb (Calea Zacatechichi), Melatonin, N,N-DMT, LSD, Pramiracetam, Piracetam, Cannabis

ToDo: Galantamine, Hydergine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pretzel Jar Terrarium (first time) [Re: XeR0]
    #13721876 -

I might just soak the crap out of the FC and let them grow all week.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 1st Successful Substrate Jars& Terrarium Questions FreakShow 3,497 11 11/20/01 01:08 AM
by geokills
* Re: water/h2o2 in terrarium? Anonymous 1,171 5 05/16/00 06:44 PM
by Anonymous
* Re: terrarium questions loathe 842 4 05/17/00 04:44 PM
by Anonymous
* sealing the jars for pressure cooker FrstTimer 1,244 1 08/03/02 06:11 PM
by funwithgus
* Re: loose lids on rye jars? rebelmoon 2,642 10 05/02/00 08:21 PM
by Anonymous
* Shake/Stir Jars? nestafy 1,744 10 05/24/01 09:53 AM
by Mr. Pink
* sitting jars elmerfud 665 1 08/01/01 03:08 PM
by Shiznitz
* BRF/Vermiculite on Needle when innoculating? primal_future 2,833 8 07/18/02 07:38 PM
by Anno

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,888 topic views. 12 members, 62 guests and 154 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.