Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBase Icks
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomshire Flag
My pink oysters.
    #13223539 - 09/20/10 07:15 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

So I got some Pink oyster from a really cool member. They isolated it from a MS plate.

I had some in grain jars, then g2g'ed to some home made spawn bags.

I had some contams. Some that looked like bacteria to me, and may have very well been. I had some trich in one jar and I tossed it. I had one bag get trich. I thought that I had beat the trich, until the last minute when I was spawning it to basket 1. While I was breaking it up I spotted a few spots of it, so we'll see. I had one bag that didn't colonise a spot the size of a quarter, so I tried to do a bit of a shake just in that area. It never recovered. That bag is in basket 2. The jars that I believe bac contammed and the worse looking two bags went into basket 3.

Anyways heres the pics.

Pics of the jars and bags two weeks ago.

Heres some pics from 3 days ago.

One of the bags had a tiny spot of trich still. I thought it had outcompeted it(wishful thinking I know). I used it anyways, for the sake of science.

And here are the baskets. They are approximately 22L in volume.
They are around a 1:4 - 5 spawn ratio.

Its just pastuerised the straw. Wonder if I should have added gypsum?

I didnt have time to spawn it for a couple of days, so the straw sat in the baskets after I drained it. I bagged them up and put them out side in the shed where temps didnt get above 55. Hopefully that was a good idea for the situation.

Heres some pics of a glc that I had made with it a while back. this is a GLC not an LC.

Thanks for looking.

This might just be a one way trip for me and 3 baskets on the :failboat:. (I'm the blue one)

Place your bets now!
Will I get anything edible off of these baskets?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (09/20/10 07:14 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Edited by Base Icks (09/20/10 08:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEvilMushroom666
Heretic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My pink oysters. [Re: Base Icks]
    #13223820 - 09/20/10 08:17 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:goodluck:

InvisibleMonkeyKnifeFight
Stranger
 User Gallery

#13223865 - 09/20/10 08:24 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Any time I get oysters with some contam I always spawn them and they just let them live outside.  I don't think I've ever had a grow fail totally.  Usually right about the time I forget about the grow it explodes with fruit.

I've never heard of adding gypsum to straw.  Don't think that would work very well.  Just pasteurize, with lime if you want.  If the straw is going to be sitting around for awhile you can always just pasteurize it again.

InvisibleBase Icks
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My pink oysters. [Re: MonkeyKnifeFight]
    #13223953 - 09/20/10 08:40 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm worried that its going to be to cool here to fruit outside. But because if space issues I might have to at least try it.

I barely have the room inside to colonise them.

Also, I was wondering if I could stack them, I dont have any weights on top. If I did stack them, I would worry about the bottom being too compact.

Well the next couple of days are going to be warm here. Highs in low 60's, lows low 50's. Then Friday its back to normal with highs in the low 50's and lows right around 40 or less.

:strokebeard:

Invisiblejokefox
Top of the chain
Male User Gallery

Loc: never where I should be
    #13225181 - 09/21/10 12:33 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:todcasil:

InvisibleFractalXplora
Grainiack
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My pink oysters. [Re: jokefox]
    #13225402 - 09/21/10 01:57 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

temps are still fine, im fruiting the kings still no problem, that PO isolate is crazy , pinns in the jar like a mo fo ho!

Looking forward to this. By all acounts you can chuck a bit of gypsum in the pasteriation water, i just tried it last nite on a paper/straw bundle. Forgot to soak the log 1st---- opps, prob wont matter tho :wink:]]

Lets see some PINK! and not in a rude way!

--------------------

InvisibleBase Icks
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My pink oysters. [Re: FractalXplora]
    #13226189 - 09/21/10 09:41 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Your fruiting kings outside now with no problem? I got two bags of KO spawn ready to go but I dont have any sawdust and probably cant afford it till the first.

I thrw them in the 24L mini fridge I just scored for all the plates that are about to clutter up my life :coaster:

Offlinefaceyneck
Legitimate Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: upper body area
    #13227488 - 09/21/10 03:15 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Nice, you got a fridge!  :cheers:

Did you snipe it?

Also, you're not referring to the pink inside the jars as being bacterial contamination, right? They look great to me.

So long as it doesn't get at or below freezing, you'll probably benefit from sticking them outside. Oysters need copious amounts of light to produce large, hearty fruits. And, they like it chilly - not around freezing, but cold, nonetheless.

If there's trich in the spawn it's going to take over like a sum bitch during spawning. Putting it outside would be the only hope. At least that's my bet, and I'd put a mighty large hypothetical wager on it as well :wink:

:popcorn:

--------------------
Anything posted here, is total bullshit.
My Meyers-Briggs Personality: INTJ
New growers, or anyone else just needing help; I'm always glad to help right here. :grin:

We give cultivation advice here. :super:

AMU Q & A - We're glad to help
My Doggy Door Greenhouse!          First Ever Shmuvbox Tek!          Do Manure Right!

Offlinefaceyneck
Legitimate Philosopher
 User Gallery

#13227531 - 09/21/10 03:26 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Base Icks said:

Heres some pics of a glc that I had made with it a while back. this is a GLC not an LC.

Looks neglected :wink:

Also, I would say GLC is a form of LC, so saying GLC is not LC is kind of weird.

Why is it yellowish/gold-like? Is that just the picture? Or, is there some sugar of some kind in there?

Edit_ I'm also curious about your filtration material. I can't tell by looking for sure, but it looks like pieces of drywall tape or something.

--------------------
New growers, or anyone else just needing help; I'm always glad to help right here. :grin:

My Doggy Door Greenhouse!          First Ever Shmuvbox Tek!          Do Manure Right!

Edited by faceyneck (09/21/10 03:28 PM)

InvisibleBase Icks
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My pink oysters. [Re: faceyneck]
    #13227857 - 09/21/10 04:45 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I sniped it. 24L capacity with a heating option. Paid 23£ for it in the end. New it would have been over 60£ I would have though. New 4L fridges are 25£ and 14 liters are 50£. Says it gets to 60c+-5c. I was thinking a cool experiment would be to empty it out of cultures and try to use it as a pasuterizer for casing material or something that I dont need a lot of. Maybe enought poo for a small tray?

Yeah they were just sat around cause I wasn't sure if they were contaminated or not, and I didnt have room in the fridge for them.
Was going to toss them but I though that they looked cool asn wanted to show you guys. The yellow one came out that way from the grain. not sure why it came out that way.

Offlinefaceyneck
Legitimate Philosopher
 User Gallery

#13229781 - 09/22/10 12:36 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

For pasteurization, I wouldn't bother. You'll be using it for plate storage, and since the heating would be through inefficient convection, it would take all day.

I guess in terms of experiment for experiment's sake, you could have at it. I wouldn't simply because I already know it would work, it would just take fucking forever, and all my cultures would need to be moved around and such.

:shrug:

The first time I grew pink oyster, I thought the same thing - they had lipstick mold. However, after a couple days or so, it became obvious it was from pins. They fruited horribly, which I don't understand, considering the amount of CONSTANT FAE and light I gave them. :justdontknow: Probably because they were on cakes, which I didn't dunk, roll, or DEC. Meh... some other time.

--------------------

InvisibleBase Icks
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13229817 - 09/22/10 12:56 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Oh and I know those were premordia in the jars. The jars had been around a good month or so. dont remember the dates. HMM maybe even two months. :eek:

Not sure if I should move them all out side, maybe jsut the one that has trich spawn :tongue2:

I'm wanting them to colonise in a hurry. I'm impateint..

They smell a but funky in my room anyways. Not a bad smell, just smells like wet straw :shrug:

I'll probably fruit outside. Maybe in the shed. Its drafty and it has a window. I'd be to worried about them getting rained on constantly around here. Might try fruiting one in the house, one in the shed, and one outside.

Offlinefaceyneck
Legitimate Philosopher
 User Gallery

#13234032 - 09/22/10 11:30 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Base Icks said:
Oh and I know those were premordia in the jars. The jars had been around a good month or so. dont remember the dates. HMM maybe even two months. :eek:

Not sure if I should move them all out side, maybe jsut the one that has trich spawn :tongue2:

I'm wanting them to colonise in a hurry. I'm impateint..

They smell a but funky in my room anyways. Not a bad smell, just smells like wet straw :shrug:

I'll probably fruit outside. Maybe in the shed. Its drafty and it has a window. I'd be to worried about them getting rained on constantly around here. Might try fruiting one in the house, one in the shed, and one outside.

You have a shed?!?!

Damn! Fruit 'em all out there!

...except the one with all the trich. That one should probably just be thrown away, or at least left outside.

You live in the perfect environment for some MASSIVE, dense, succulent oyster mushrooms!

--------------------

InvisibleBase Icks
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13234117 - 09/23/10 12:02 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I should colonise inside though right?

Sounds like I should get the trich one outside ASAP :picard:

Offlinefaceyneck
Legitimate Philosopher
 User Gallery

#13234176 - 09/23/10 12:25 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, colonization insed, that way it colonizes faster.

The one with trich should probably colonize somewhere in Ireland. :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleBase Icks
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13234185 - 09/23/10 12:27 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

faceyneck said:

I'll put it on the next available flight.

OfflineNiwita
Village Idiot
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under a Rock
    #13234235 - 09/23/10 12:42 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

So long as it doesn't get at or below freezing, you'll probably benefit from sticking them outside. Oysters need copious amounts of light to produce large, hearty fruits. And, they like it chilly - not around freezing, but cold, nonetheless.

With any other species, yes. But remember that pinks are a tropical strain, they prefer the heat.

Quote:

:facepalm:      :rofl:

:popcorn:

--------------------
:etbig::etbig::etbig:

InvisibleBase Icks
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My pink oysters. [Re: Niwita]
    #13234256 - 09/23/10 12:47 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I know they are tropical thats why I wanted them to colonise inside.

Its not freezing here, yet.

We'll just have to wait and see.

When I get out of bed, that trich one is going out.

TBH though the trich was hardly notice able. I saw it just by chance. I was keeping an eye out for it two since I has seen it in that bag. I honestly thought that it had been defeated though. Wishful thinking.
The oyster was winning though, I will give it that. Maybe 1% of the bag was green through out.

OfflineNiwita
Village Idiot
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under a Rock
    #13234270 - 09/23/10 12:52 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

We need to figure out how to selectively slaughter trich while not damaging the desirable mycelium...

:machinegun:

--------------------
:etbig::etbig::etbig:

InvisibleBase Icks
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My pink oysters. [Re: Niwita]
    #13234285 - 09/23/10 12:57 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Lasers.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag