Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #13667508 -

WakeboardrB said:
It was a learning experience. I will no longer go near alcohol when I'm on benzos, ... unless it's just one or two beers every once in a while.



:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: Big_Whoop]
    #13667714 -

Big_Whoop said:
what is a panic/anxiety attack? what happens? how do you feel? (other than anxious lol)



I get completely disassociated, vision gets all fucked up, breathing in and out makes your chest feel like its trying to turn itself inside out, start sweating, heart rate goes up to sometimes over 200bpm, blood pressure almost doubles, shaking, hyperventillation, numbness and tingling in my hands, arms feet and legs.

And when it goes on long enough, hyperventilation causes either a lack of or excess buildup of co2 (can't remember which it is) which causes all my muscles in my arms, hands and legs to painfully contract to the point where I can't open my hands or hold objects.

That goes on sometimes for hours, or until I can get enough benzos in my system to start calming down.

It's basically a release of MASSIVE amounts of adrenaline that they body has no way of handling.

It's scary as fuck. Especially the first time it happened, I thought I was dying. But even though I've been through it well over 20 times in the past few years, it's still very scary, very painful and extremely uncomfortable. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Edited by WakeboardrB (12/21/10 08:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: JT]
    #13667769 -

JT said:
i bet your anxiety attacks weren't so bad before you started to fuck with benzos. i see that way too often.

grats though dude.



Nah, they have been pretty steady. I didn't have my first full blown panic attack till I was 20, which was the first time I ever had Xanax. I was able to call my doctor, which explained that I wasn't in fact about to die and it was a panic attack. He phoned in a script for .5mg xanax and I had a friend drive me to go pick them up, all the while shaking and sweating while his girlfriend was almost in tears thinking I was having a heart attack or something. So embarrasing, especially when it happens in front of people that have no idea about anxiety or panic disorders.

Since then I've used them sparingly, mostly only when I've had a panic attack. I've never taken them for more than 2 weeks at a time and never had a consistent prescription. Never had withdrawal and only really abused them like twice.

I quickly learned not to fuck with them. Mixed them with alcohol once and basically blacked out for an entire weekend and did all sorts of weird things that are totally out of character for me. Plus I've had a handful of friends get into serious trouble with Xanax. 3 of them stole a truck and vandalized a bunch of cars/mailboxes, broke into a business while on Xanax and Wild Turkey. Another guy ordered a bunch of them from India, went on a major bender and woke up in the back of a police car having no idea what he did. Apparently he broke into someones car and passed out in the front seat. When they called the cops, he was confused and tried to punch the cop.


I wish I would have been on some sort of benzo in school. I was an anxious wreck since elementary school. It really fucked up my life, both social, school and work.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #13667794 -

WakeboardrB said:
I wish I would have been on some sort of benzo in school. I was an anxious wreck since elementary school. It really fucked up my life, both social, school and work.



I didn't even know about them back then, or what a panic attack was.

I just thought I was crazy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: Fernis]
    #13667871 -

I know you don't wanna hear it and in no way will take this advice, but you should definitely just let your scripts stock pile and only use when you absolutely need to and keep the rest for very occasional rec use. I know thats an impossible task, just saying...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: benton]
    #13667912 -

That would be fine if I was only taking it for panic attacks, as those only rear their ugly head a few times a month.

This is to keep me from even beginning to have a panic attack, as well as controlling every day anxiety that's almost completely destroyed my life.

So I'm going to take it as prescribed. Then I'll be able to progress with the CBT and learning ways to manage and reduce anxiety without having to take pills.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #13668053 -

It would have been an epic win if he prescribed you opiates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: s240779]
    #13668108 -

Eh, I'm done with opiates unless I throw my back out or have dental surgery. The last time I touched Percocet and Vicodin was when I broke my hand a few months ago.

Never cared much for them. For me it's like a 30 minute awesome rush followed by 4 hours of intense motion sickness and nausea.  Totally not worth it unless its for pain bad enough to warrant opiates.

Now in my early 20's I did have a doctor prescribe me Xanax .5mg 4x a day, 25mg Dexedrine a day and 2mg Dilaudid as needed.

Ever hear of too much of a good thing? I was basically speedballing ALL DAY LONG for months. And its so strange because that doc was also my dads good friend.

Finally had to stop seeing him, I was fucked up from morning to night.

But I NEVER heard of a primary care physician prescribing that sort of combo. Or even Dilaudid for that matter.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #13668237 -

Interesting. Personally, I'm gonna be trying pod tea and kratom for my anxiety and depression.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: s240779]
    #13668293 -

Never tried kratom and pod tea doesn't agree with me. Morphine give me terrible stomach cramps. For such an effective analgesic, it sure causes me a LOT of pain.

Either way, I treated my depression and anxiety for years with less than legal substances. Cannabis did well for depression for me, but I had to stop over 2 years ago since it was causing me so much anxiety.

What a shame, since it's the most benign drug I've ever used. Alcohol works great for anxiety, but the next day anxiety is 10x worse. Plus all the other problems it causes.

I'm gonna stick with what my doctor says. He's been doing this longer than I've been alive and not once did he try to bullshit me or sell me something that I didn't already know.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: propensity]
    #13668340 -

propensity said:
I thought you already had a xanax script which you mixed with alcohol and then proceeded to smash up your house a bit and shave off half your beard?

edit: no grammar, too stoned



hahahahahahahaha
:laugh2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: CaptainAhab]
    #13668931 -

try phenazepam you wont have anxiety for years

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: TheSlapnCapn]
    #13668945 -

TheSlapnCapn said:
Yay... now your friends can watch you dissolve into a witless fool, and you'll be too 'tarded out to notice.

I'd seriously consider taking those sparingly when you REALLY need 'em...

Otherwise, don't be surprised when your life starts falling apart... You'll be losing shit... forgetting random things that happened... getting lost while out driving...

2 different benzos twice a day will start building up in you and giving you eraserhead syndrome. I used to take 1 peach xanax twice a day and I seriously started losing my shit. Thankfully that wasn't enough to retard me to the point where I couldn't rationalize that it was the xanax doing it to me.

Benzos make me feel normal but they will start causing weird memory problems once they get built up in you, even at small doses.

Be careful. Have fun with your new anxiety-free life, and don't overdo it and turn into a xombie, like I've seen so many friends become. They're seriously annoyingly unbearable because their doctors gave them benzo scripts that they take as prescribed.



I've seen this too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #13669134 -

have you seen this?

EFT

it has helped with rape and war trauma, i can see it working with psychedelic trauma perhaps. i don't know why you have troubles but this may help.

I'm scared of psychiatric drugs, i dont consider them all that safe.

hope this helps


--------------------
SCIENCE!!!
If NIST didn't even investigate whether explosives were used, how can we trust their investigation? It's a rule whenever explosions are heard.
Though I Laugh
EyegasmArt.com
anonymous: without name
Anonymous: a group with a name
don't be fooled, have a revolution on your own terms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: linkamathingy]
    #13669339 -

these scripts are a double edged sword

use the script wisely and do not abuse it


--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: Rocker232]
    #13669767 -

OP if I were you I wouldn't take benzos for more than a couple months at a time. I have a doctor who has been prescribing me xanax for years now. The only reason he stopped was because the place could no longer prescribe benzos or opiates to people. So now I have been weening off them for a couple months and its HELL. On top of all that, I had two seizures that may have been related to xanax at a time when I tried to quit cold turkey. Because of this I get horrible anxiety attacks just thinking about how bad it's gonna be for me when I am no longer on them.

Xanax was VERY VERY helpful for me at first. With it, I was able to break out of a life-long battle with SEVERE anxiety. But now that Ive been taking them for a few years, I am BACK at the same, if not worse position I was in before I was taking them.

Benzos should not be taken for more than 6 months to a year IMO. This medicine should only be used to help you learn how to cope with and avoid your anxiety. Once you do that, it is much easier to confront and alleviate anxiety without the medication... but if you take benzos for long enough, it only prolongs your troubles. If you think your anxiety is bad now, you dont even want to know how bad it will get after taking xanax for 2-3 years:eek: Please use with caution.


--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: danlennon3]
    #13670422 -

I don't know how long he plans for me to take these. I seriously doubt it's going to be for more than a few months. I expressed concern about withdrawal and he apparently has a taper regiment that he's been using for years to ween patients off of benzos. It's a lot longer taper than what most doctors use and he said he would NEVER cut me off cold turkey even if he found out I was abusing them.

He said any doctor that cuts someone off from benzos or any other drug that has withdrawal symptoms is in direct violation of the hippocratic oath and should no longer be a doctor.

I'm just going to take them as prescribed and see what other plans he has for me. He mentioned CBT and other stuff, but first I have to be in a frame of mind where those treatments can actually do good instead of harm like they did in the past.

Talk therapy for me in the past has always made me so much worse off, elevated my anxiety and depression to where all I could think about was getting as shitfaced as possible.

Anyways, I'm hopeful. This guy knows his shit. He's been in the field for over 30 years and has pioneered many different methods and techniques for helping people with anxiety and panic attacks. I'm gonna do what he tells me and not abuse these benzos.

If I abuse them, tolerance is gonna ramp up to where I'll be blowing through my scripts before new years. I will not let that happen.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: benton]
    #13670480 -

benton said:
I know you don't wanna hear it and in no way will take this advice, but you should definitely just let your scripts stock pile and only use when you absolutely need to and keep the rest for very occasional rec use. I know thats an impossible task, just saying...



100% agree with this guy, only take them when you NEED them.

OP, I'm sorry you need to rely on pills every day just to get by, I was there at one point in my life. Good luck on your journey, friend.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: ButteredToast]
    #13670552 -

I think most of the point is to stop the panic attacks before they even start happening. Also to control the constant daily anxiety that actually bothers me a lot worse than the attacks.

I just feel so happy to be comfortable right now. Not high, but just comfortable.

I can answer the phone without freaking out, I can answer the door without freaking out. I can carry a conversation with someone I barely know without freaking out. And hell, now I can even brave the stores to get my christmas shopping out of the way without needing to get drunk before hand.

It's an early christmas miracle for me.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Anxiety doctor epic win! [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #13670560 -

On top of that my heart rate and blood pressure are WAY down from where they normally are. I was thinking I needed to go on blood pressure medication, but now it's normal.

Anxiety wreaked hell on my heart and cardiovascular system.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Nervous Tension Anxiety- need doctor advice
( 1 2 all )
Fireside 3,627 22 01/21/13 11:05 PM
by 2Experimental
* damn doctor thegatewaydrug 688 14 08/22/05 01:34 PM
by thegatewaydrug
* Someone educate me on Xanax please.
( 1 2 3 all )
theuser 6,906 48 06/05/06 09:17 PM
by kake
* Anxiety
( 1 2 all )
Bi0TeK 2,588 23 09/12/05 09:09 AM
by diabla
* Xanax? Effexor XR?
( 1 2 all )
theuser 4,793 39 11/03/05 04:53 PM
by SneezingPenis
* Doctor's chinacat72 1,879 13 03/18/03 01:13 PM
by Ripple
* xanax danlennon3 1,302 16 07/12/05 12:14 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* Herbal Remedies for Anxiety?
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 7,462 51 11/17/06 03:14 PM
by SneakyFijian420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,196 topic views. 2 members, 79 guests and 142 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.015 seconds on 18 queries.