Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Xanax? Effexor XR? [Re: theuser]
    #4885402 - 11/02/05 07:39 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

xanax is some yummy dopey stuff
when i get xanax i eat them everyday until the bottle is gone :cool:

.25's are the lowest dosage pills for them i think
5's are the max

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
Re: Xanax? Effexor XR? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4885408 - 11/02/05 07:40 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

2's are the max... dem bars

Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
    #4885424 - 11/02/05 07:44 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i wish i had some xannies :frown: damn doctor wouldnt give me any :thumbdown:

dude wth is ur avatar? lol, japenese shits crazy :weirdeyes:

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

InvisibleMorphrying
Innocent as Hell
Loc: seated
    #4885436 - 11/02/05 07:47 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I've taken effexxor for anxiety and ptsd. It made me feel like I had the flu for 3 months, and the dr just kept telling me to wait, and it will get better, but I couldn't stand the way it made me feel, so I stopped taking it. It also made me feel real nervous, and unable to orgasm for three weeks at a time. Talk about blue balls.
When I was a teenager, I was misdiagnosed for depression (hypothyroidism), and I was put on prozac. Fuckin' a, that shit was great! I only took it for three weeks, though. I felt like I was stoned out of my gourd, had the munchies all the time, and nothing stressed me out.
Everyone is different, though. One of my friends loves effexxor. I can't stand the shit. It made me feel like I was dying. I was constantly cold, and would curl up into the fetal position with blankets wrapped around me all the time.

Offlinelid
Insert TitleHere

Loc: People's Republic of New ...
    #4885437 - 11/02/05 07:47 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I took it for a while, and it just bothered me that your dose keeps getting up (bout doubled) ever week or two... After a month I quit, cause smoking janga was starting to feel fucked up, after two weeks of effexor grass just felt wrong. I quit by dosing down, and never looked back.

--------------------
molon labe.

Invisiblemycogirl
goddamn
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Xanax? Effexor XR? [Re: lid]
    #4885560 - 11/02/05 08:23 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Effexor is a drug you have to exercise much caution with. I'm surprised they started you with it, it's usually a second or third option. Not to get to personal, but are you experiencing only depression? any mania? Very irrational or extreme behavior either money wise, time wise, risk wise? Do you have any sleep issues? And You should be tapering very slowly onto effexor, and off of it. You should never be instructed to begin at your maintenance dose.

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Xanax? Effexor XR? [Re: mycogirl]
    #4885596 - 11/02/05 08:35 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I agree. Usually an SSRI is preferred.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Xanax? Effexor XR? [Re: badchad]
    #4885797 - 11/02/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Fuck ssri's. You don't need them, you have the capacity to get through your problems without the aid of drugs. Thinking back on things, pharms are the last thing I'd ever do. There's a million things you can do to fix any problems you have before taking a pharm.

But if anything, go for the xanax. Don't abuse them and use them sparringly. I personally only use them to relax, although not perscribed to me. I would never touch an ssri again.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: Xanax? Effexor XR? [Re: browndustin]
    #4885929 - 11/02/05 09:46 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

browndustin said:
Fuck ssri's. You don't need them, you have the capacity to get through your problems without the aid of drugs. Thinking back on things, pharms are the last thing I'd ever do. There's a million things you can do to fix any problems you have before taking a pharm.

But if anything, go for the xanax. Don't abuse them and use them sparringly. I personally only use them to relax, although not perscribed to me. I would never touch an ssri again.

Hear, hear.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
Re: Xanax? Effexor XR? [Re: BloodNOil]
    #4887727 - 11/03/05 09:09 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mycogirl said:
Effexor is a drug you have to exercise much caution with.  I'm surprised they started you with it, it's usually a second or third option.  Not to get to personal, but are you experiencing only depression? any mania? Very irrational or extreme behavior either money wise, time wise, risk wise? Do you have any sleep issues?  And You should be tapering very slowly onto effexor, and off of it.  You should never be instructed to begin at your maintenance dose.

By all means, this is the shroomery, get personal.  :lol:

No I had heavy anxiety, afraid to leave the house basically, hot/cold sweats, shaky jaw and some other symptoms.

She offered paxil, I took that once a long time ago for 2 weeks and it made me very loopy, all of my friends were concerned and what not.

I think I'm going to stick with this xanax, .25mg seems to do the trick just fine. All the symptoms stopped lastnight while I was on it. However I did pine for like .10mg more.

Is taking 1 .25mg a day going to be habbit forming? :frown:

--------------------
:heart:

Offlineskydog
Coffee & Blunts
Male User Gallery

#4887780 - 11/03/05 09:24 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Xanax is my favorite palindrome. It's even beeter than kayak or racecar.

The effect will really calm down your nerves, but once you build up to the 2mg's, you get the glass eye and slur your speech. :laugh:

--------------------
:yesnod::thumbup:

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan
Re: Xanax? Effexor XR? [Re: skydog]
    #4887838 - 11/03/05 09:41 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I had quite the tolerance before. I'd take 5mgs and not feel it.

Be careful with prescriptions.

--------------------

Offlinesaukkomies
Stranger

Loc: Upper Peninsula, Michigan
    #4887950 - 11/03/05 10:12 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

First off, this is my first ever post to the Shroomery, so please forgive me if I act like an idiot.

I've read through all the comments, and I'd like to contribute my own to this thread. I used to have the same opinion that Browndustin and others have: that SSRIs or other Anti-Depressant drugs are crutches, that a person can overcome things on his or her own without leaning on a drug to get by. But then I developed a long-lasting clinical depression which no amount of introspective work, spiritual cleansing or counselling could help. No matter what I did or what I tried I still felt like shit all the time. It was like there was a hollow cold block of dry ice sitting inside my guts and radiating anxiety and stress throughout my whole body and soul. And it just wouldn't go away. I could be having the best time of my life, but I couldn't enjoy it because of this problem.

Up to this point in time I had been able to deal with depression (which I've had since 1991) pretty well through clearing out my head space on a regular basis and by conscious living. But then a series of stressful events happened in my life and it just got to where this problem started and wouldn't go away even after the stress had gone.

That is when I changed my opinion I had about these drugs. I went through a few of them until I finally ended up on Effexor. I agree with what some of the folks here have said - that everyone will react differently to different drugs. For me Paxil was okay, but it was sort of like always being on Quaaludes. I tried Welbutrin, but that shit just knocked the hell out of me and kept on doing so even after the initial phasing in adjustment. I ended up on Effexor, and it works pretty well ... for me. But like I said, everyone is different.

Sure there are a couple of drawbacks to using Effexor; for me they are a reduced sexual libido and well just always being MELLOW all the time, which yes does have some drawbacks. But the nice thing is that I have my depression under control. I don't get that icy hollow feeling inside anymore, and I don't have the little rage fits that would plague me. My wife is much happier since I've been taking Effexor because I'm easier to be around, and that is good for the relationship (even though she has always been very supportive, it sucks to be around someone who is undergoing clinical depression and is not getting treated for it).

I think that it is easy to judge others who need to use Anti-Depressants if you yourself do not need them. But the bottom line is that sometimes GENETICS comes into play - it is not ALL ENVIRONMENTAL. My family has a history of depression. And I have fought it all my adult life, doing everything from Sweat Lodges, alternative therapies, counseling, diet, exercise, etc. But in the end it is a CHEMICAL IMBALANCE and that my friends is something that can be addressed through pharmaceuticals.

But I also think it is important to listen to your own body and use the advice you get from medical professionals and others as simply that: advice. You have to live in your own skin after all is said and done, and if something isn't working, try something else.

Peace.....

Edited by saukkomies (11/03/05 10:20 AM)

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
Re: Xanax? Effexor XR? [Re: saukkomies]
    #4888010 - 11/03/05 10:25 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

saukkomies said:
First off, this is my first ever post to the Shroomery, so please forgive me if I act like an idiot.

I've read through all the comments, and I'd like to contribute my own to this thread.  I used to have the same opinion that Browndustin and others have: that SSRIs or other Anti-Depressant drugs are crutches, that a person can overcome things on his or her own without leaning on a drug to get by.  But then I developed a long-lasting clinical depression which no amount of introspective work, spiritual cleansing or counselling could help.  No matter what I did or what I tried I still felt like shit all the time.  It was like there was a hollow cold block of dry ice sitting inside my guts and radiating anxiety and stress throughout my whole body and soul.  And it just wouldn't go away.  I could be having the best time of my life, but I couldn't enjoy it because of this problem. 

Up to this point in time I had been able to deal with depression (which I've had since 1991) pretty well through clearing out my head space on a regular basis and by conscious living.  But then a series of stressful events happened in my life and it just got to where this problem started and wouldn't go away even after the stress had gone.

That is when I changed my opinion I had about these drugs.  I went through a few of them until I finally ended up on Effexor.  I agree with what some of the folks here have said - that everyone will react differently to different drugs.  For me Paxil was okay, but it was sort of like always being on Quaaludes.  I tried Welbutrin, but that shit just knocked the hell out of me and kept on doing so even after the initial phasing in adjustment.  I ended up on Effexor, and it works pretty well ... for me.  But like I said, everyone is different.

Sure there are a couple of drawbacks to using Effexor; for me they are a reduced sexual libido and well just always being MELLOW all the time, which yes does have some drawbacks.  But the nice thing is that I have my depression under control.  I don't get that icy hollow feeling inside anymore, and I don't have the little rage fits that would plague me.  My wife is much happier since I've been taking Effexor because I'm easier to be around, and that is good for the relationship (even though she has always been very supportive, it sucks to be around someone who is undergoing clinical depression and is not getting treated for it).

I think that it is easy to judge others who need to use Anti-Depressants if you yourself do not need them.  But the bottom line is that sometimes GENETICS comes into play - it is not ALL ENVIRONMENTAL.  My family has a history of depression.  And I have fought it all my adult life, doing everything from Sweat Lodges, alternative therapies, counseling, diet, exercise, etc.  But in the end it is a CHEMICAL IMBALANCE and that my friends is something that can be addressed through pharmaceuticals.

But I also think it is important to listen to your own body and use the advice you get from medical professionals and others as simply that: advice.  You have to live in your own skin after all is said and done, and if something isn't working, try something else.

Peace.....

Excelent post! Can't wait to see your future threads. I understand what you mean by not being able to handle it with out a drug, I was so use to living with the anxiety I didn't realize I was way out of line, very much not normal. I started realizing it a year ago and tried variuos methods to fix it. Nothing worked, plain and simple. :frown:

I'm just not sure if effexor is right for me at the age of 24 I love fucking, every day. I gots to get laid and lay.  :crazy2: The other side effects are scarey sounding too. :frown:

I understand making xanax the sollution is bad only becuase of the resistance build up. I have insurance so I don't mind becoming depentant (I know that sounds awful) on it as long as I can function normaly in society. However since resistance builds this isn't the sollution, maybe a temp one for now.

--------------------

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #4888031 - 11/03/05 10:30 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Nice first post :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinesaukkomies
Stranger

Loc: Upper Peninsula, Michigan
    #4889070 - 11/03/05 02:29 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the welcoming words regarding my first posting.

I do know what you feel about the reduced sexual libido thing. To tell the truth, I have taken myself off of Effexor for a couple of months now after having taken it for three years steady just to sort of "check in" on "reality" again. I have to say that in the last couple of months I have really learned a LOT about myself as a result - both good and bad. For one thing, there was a day about a week after coming off of the Effexor when I grabbed my wife in the middle of her cooking dinner, dragged her into the bedroom, and fucked her like a wild boar until she couldn't stand up! LOL! It was VERY NICE to have the old juices flowing once again! I felt much more like a MAN.

But the down side is that in the past couple of months I have been a total son of a bitch just to be around. One of the aspects of depression that manifests itself commonly in males is that we tend to go into rages at the drop of a hat. And that is so not "like me". I'm like the original mellow hippie dude down deep inside. However, having said that, it is VERY MUCH like my maternal male relatives. They were all wonderful guys - solid to the core. But they had tempers that could scare the clouds out of the sky when they got going. And you never really knew where you stood around them - they could be having a great day and then at the drop of a hat they'd be like a grizzly bear backed into a corner. And of course this was before any of this modern stuff about depression and chemical imbalances and all were known about, so everyone just attributed it to their personalities...

So I'm going to go back on Effexor here in a week or two. The trade off of losing my sexual libido is worth it for me because I won't have to see the look of fear in the eyes of my dear wife and little boy when they witness one of my rage fits. I never ever would touch one of them in anger - these rages are directed at swearing at shit, but still, it's not a pretty sight...

And thank god for insurance yes, otherwise I couldn't afford this stuff, and I'd be left to try to cope with the possibility of having to live alone the rest of my life - something I just would not want to happen.

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
    #4889439 - 11/03/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

saukkomies, I never had rage fits, that sounds scarey. :frown: Well I'm not sure what your definition of that is. Sometimes I'd snap at my wife verbaly for no real reason other than I was feeling panicy.

Honestly I took 2 .25's so far today, 1 .25 did shit even though lastnight it worked great. This isn't a good sign, I didn't know resistance built up that fast.

What if I took like 1/2 of a .25 and smoked a hit or 2 of bud, would that make up for it? Or is that a very dumb idea?

I love that my social anxiety is gone and I don't want that to go away. :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4889496 - 11/03/05 04:01 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

saukkomies glad to see you around. Hope you stay for awhile.

Poppy its not to good to self medicate yourself. But if you take half and smoke some and it works keep on doing it.

Im so caught up on the psycoactive affects of these drugs that I forget about the people that really need them. *Hugs script of lorazepam*

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
    #4889566 - 11/03/05 04:16 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I'm not trying to use them to get high, I could go get some weed for that. (Staying sober until Jan, best to be sober for the holliday season me thinks) :wink:

Maybe I'll talk to my doc tommorow about upping the xan dose and tell her I feel uncomfortable taking the effexor because of MANY complaints I've seen and not just this site.

After I get that info I will be able to make a game plan.
I can't see why she wouldn't, if it works, do it, right?

I'm searching now to see how fast xanax resistance builds up and how long it takes to go back down. I have found nothing yet. Perhaps one of you know? :smile:

--------------------

Edited by poppyguy (11/03/05 04:17 PM)

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #4889766 - 11/03/05 04:53 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

This is one of my posts from another thread regarding generally the same thing... here

Quote:

you seem to really treat depression as if it were a virus, something extrinsic. It isnt about "thinking yourself to feel better", its more like readjusting/learning/progressing spiritually, mentally, physically and emotionally. Your whole "logical" assesment of your life and actions should be changed.
Exactly how is one able to be depressed and not know it? subconscious emotions?

by blaming it on something external or detached from yourself, you refuse to confront what actions and choices you took which lead you to be chronically depressed.
When i said that crack is as good of a cure for depression as any other drug, i was trying to make a point about when generally drugging yourself to ignore your physical/mental problems, there is no difference between the two.
sure, lexapro probably keeps the "symptoms" at bay for a while, but so would crack effectivly if it werent so publically and socially frowned upon.
SSRI's basically just flood your brain with Seratonin, not allowing the released nuerotransmitters to be "cleaned back up", which is very similar to what MDMA does, which both types of DRUGS have been linked to cases of (wikipedia quote) "Serotonin syndrome is a condition caused by an excess of serotonin in the brain. The effects of serotonin syndrome may progress from headaches, dizziness, euphoria, abnormal movements of the foot and ankle, hyperreflexia, and vomiting, to coma and death. Rarer effects include rapid changes of mood, from severe depression to the point of being suicidal, to manic phases characterized by violence towards others and destruction. Since serotonin's action is increased by anti-depressants such as Prozac, Luvox, and Paxil, the signs are often mistaken for extreme Bipolar Disorder, prompting an increase in dosage."

It is no secret that drugs can easily affect mood and emotions, but buying into some "chemical destiny" where all of our thoughts, actions, choices, decisions, and general wellbeing are dictated by a mixture of chemicals within us is not only laughable, it is dangerous because we are making people dependant on drugs, but the drugs that are "OK" and socially acceptable, so you dont have to feel bad about being a junkie.

Why is it that the stats and percentages of Americans afflicted with "depression" drastically increases with age? Why do no two national averages of americans afflicted with depression match? Why do we allow 7 year old children to be put on such strong drugs which showed 2 times the amount of suicidal side effects than the placebo?
Why does every year the amount of people afflicted with depression increase? Why is it that every month we see some new drug get a "black box warning" or is altogether pulled from the shelf? why are regular MD's, family doctors, any doctor almost! able to diagnose people with one visit and are able to prescribe ADHD drugs?
Why is the pharmaceutical industry the wealthiest in the world? Why do the majority of the members on a drugs advisory and evaluation panel have financial ties with pharm corps?

Do you not see the pristine marketing over the last 5 years? The amount of lobbying and legislation that has gone on in favor of making pharm corps billions of $$$ alone should tip you off.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder