Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: lolwut]
    #13613138 -

Cynicism is just a way of fleeing interpretation of ones own mortality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: daytripper23]
    #13613150 -

Not necessarily.


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: smaerd]
    #13613349 -

smaerd said:
I trudge through that same concept every day.

I'll feel so blissful then I'll sit down and realize. I have to fucking leave this place... I understand I can't stay forever, nothing does. Damn it though I am going to die...

Sure I've died tripping hundreds of times but it was tripping not real life even if it feels that way. Now days I can sit down and taste the the void. Curse up and down to the sky, but nothings listening. I is unimportant. Everything else must still happen. A little funky cosmic phenomenon sitting on a spinning rock is the wink of an eye to this galaxy and a quark in scale to the known universe. Maybe less.

Which leads to a decision. How do I keep going from here? I conjecture that you are delightfully cynical, not for pain an anguish, but to share the future with another. This is cosmic pain, it's huge, but it must be accepted, doesn't mean we can't show others that we are hurting. So when your feeling cynical digest the anger but spit the message imo.

Why? Your living now. You will die.

What are you going to do while your still here, with the rest of us breathing?




Nice post.  :satansmoking:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: Icelander]
    #13613563 -

I don't know why, but i've been thinking about what it will be like when when i'm an old man as of late... I just get the feeling that a lot of people my age are mentally preventing themselves from doing so many amazing things... and will continue doing this until the day comes that they are physically unable to do the things they wished they did when they mentally handicapped themselves... but it does inspire me to do more with myself :sun:

Death anxiety... the egos worst nightmare. While I still have death anxiety, I no longer feel so attached to these feelings... but my ego tends to be a bitch sometimes. A part of me is actually looking forward to that fateful moment... because I know that another journey will begin then. This picture trips me out...



--------------------
^v^

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: foliocb]
    #13613593 -

That picture is actually of an alien grubworm tunneling into his head to get at the nice fatty brain. Kind of like a tootsie roll.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: Icelander]
    #13613640 -

:awedisgust:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: deranger]
    #13613650 -

Calm down. It'll be awhile till they get to you.:satansmoking:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: Icelander]
    #13613676 -

:reachforthelasers:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: deranger]
    #13613710 -

Great sig pics.:thumbup:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: Icelander]
    #13613966 -

David Ho


Edited by deranger (12/10/10 05:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: deranger]
    #13614040 -

Nice death images.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: Icelander]
    #13614119 -

I'm not sure I get the farthest right one. Death is lighter??


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: Cups]
    #13615593 -

Cups said:
lolwut said:
It's like every time I analyse an idea/thoughtform or whatever, both bliss and cynicism come into play, almost as opposing ways to see the same thing.

Is this just the way it is? I guess they imply each other.



Both bliss and cynicism are the wrong way to view things.  Since you have both...or switch between the two...which one are you really feeling?

I'd examine that question.



I'm not really "feeling" either, they both just come. For example, I can look at an apple and see it as natures orgasm, a delicious treat...and see it as "just an apple", another impermenant selfless object. Same with life, its blissfull and beautiful, but it ends. And then who knows what, really.

It seems like as soon as a duality is introduced (apple vs universe/me) then these thought patterns come.

Icelander said:
I think it is. The awakened man walks alone for the most part.  By necessity he must try to live as a warrior if he plans to survive for long. This will be a continual lifelong struggle.  Very few will understand his situation.



Thank you.

smaerd said:
I trudge through that same concept every day.

I'll feel so blissful then I'll sit down and realize. I have to fucking leave this place... I understand I can't stay forever, nothing does. Damn it though I am going to die...

Sure I've died tripping hundreds of times but it was tripping not real life even if it feels that way. Now days I can sit down and taste the the void. Curse up and down to the sky, but nothings listening. I is unimportant. Everything else must still happen. A little funky cosmic phenomenon sitting on a spinning rock is the wink of an eye to this galaxy and a quark in scale to the known universe. Maybe less.

Which leads to a decision. How do I keep going from here? I conjecture that you are delightfully cynical, not for pain an anguish, but to share the future with another. This is cosmic pain, it's huge, but it must be accepted, doesn't mean we can't show others that we are hurting. So when your feeling cynical digest the anger but spit the message imo.

Why? Your living now. You will die.

What are you going to do while your still here, with the rest of us breathing?



Thanks. I'm more delightfully cynical, its just a strange battle I guess. Not even a battle...just the way it is. Another question - you say you can sit down and taste the void after hundred+ trips. What effect did this have on your ego if any? Cause the ego is what prevents constant void yea?

I guess I'm going to laugh and have fun and stuff while I'm still here.


--------------------
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth, and taste...

:haha:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: lolwut]
    #13616103 -

Quote:
I'm not really "feeling" either, they both just come. For example, I can look at an apple and see it as natures orgasm, a delicious treat...and see it as "just an apple", another impermenant selfless object. Same with life, its blissfull and beautiful, but it ends. And then who knows what, really.

It seems like as soon as a duality is introduced (apple vs universe/me) then these thought patterns come.



While I hear what you're saying...my advice would still be the same.  You are projecting into the world around you and still not seeing reality as it truly is.

Scenario #1-Apple is natures orgasm, a delicious treat.

You are projecting your desire to eat and enjoy the apple onto the apple...plus your desire for a purpose to the madness.

Scenario #2- Apple is just another impermanent selfless object.

You are projecting your death anxiety.

An apple is an apple.  :shrug:

An end result in a very long string of causality stretching all the way back to the beginning.

Just like you. :smile:


--------------------
What's up everybody?!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: Cups]
    #13616862 -

lolwut - I didn't mean to necessary link the 'tasting the void' with 100+ trips however there is a connection. Tripping overall has taught me mind-control and abstract pattern linking(these at least pertain to the active topic). The ego will always be there, but learning how to tell it 'shhh' is a great skill. Even if it leaves some insecurity about life, it's important to see things the way they truly are, not the way we want them to be(if that makes sense).

Sometimes tripping has slammed my ego to the fore-fronts of this mind. Not like I'm running around looking for money and thinking I'm the shit. More like, "I have to have meaning, this life has to be special, I have to be infinite, etc". Sometimes it's had me be able to sit in total stillness for hours satisfied, giving everything I can to everyone I can expecting nothing in return.

It's a strange dichotomy, or battle as you say :smile:. Surely everyone is different too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: lolwut]
    #13617324 -

lolwut said:
Lately I've started to see how all thought forms and such come down to death anxiety (thanks Icelander :thumbup:). So, that's basically been a breaking down of every thought pattern I once held as true/fact, in relation to this stuff.

However that has also seemed to make me pretty cynical. Bliss is there, so is cynicism, I get the feeling both exist in relation to each other. But you can't really go around talking about how amazing/blissful everything is, and people don't like negativity/having their beliefs thrown to the ground in a conversation.

It's like every time I analyse an idea/thoughtform or whatever, both bliss and cynicism come into play, almost as opposing ways to see the same thing.

Is this just the way it is? I guess they imply each other.



Cynicism seems like a pretty good response to the world at hand and especially the people in it. Life is rough, and maybe we wouldn't be so cynical if we weren't given the illusion that the world is a fair and just place all throughout childhood. Many are left with a fairly useless hope that life is going to balance out, the evil men will get theirs and the bad will stop happening, but this isn't really the case is it?

Our perspectives are growing with the more we see and experience and the hope we carry from childhood is sometimes smothered by the doubtful and cynical calluses of our character defenses, but those are there to help keep us from harm.

Edited by Tropism (12/11/10 04:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: Tropism]
    #13617609 -

I think you're right. Cynicism is not something inherent in being a human.  But it may be in being a human who's sensitive to bullshit.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: Icelander]
    #13618051 -

I figure maybe if we didn't continuously shelter and lie to our children they might be better prepared for the real world when they're dropped in it. Tis not the case though, all the fluffy movies have happy endings and everyone lives to a ripe old age where their death is conveniently unnoted. It unsettles me that we do this, but I do understand it. Once one is an adult and see life for what it is and not what you were told, one realizes how fucking awesome it was to be a kid and not have to deal with any of this shit. I can understand lying to child so they can milk even if only a couple more years of blissful ignorance. I guess I don't know which is healthier, but I do wonder if I hadn't been given this false Disney template of the real world would I be so cynical of all that I see?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: Tropism]
    #13618061 -

I got to watch Veritas raise her kids. She told them the truth about everything as far as I could tell. They remain happy and have a clue what their in for. They seem to have a lot of fun anyway with no illusions about how messy the world actually is.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Death Anxiety and Cynicism [Re: lolwut]
    #13618075 -

lolwut said:
Lately I've started to see how all thought forms and such come down to death anxiety



This is new to you?  You didn't ever wonder why you eat food, drink water or look both ways before crossing the street?  hmmm... you need squeeze some critical thought in your agenda more often.


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Death to cynical optimism! Mixomatosis 889 16 01/13/05 11:27 PM
by Mixomatosis
* Panic attack once complete understanding of death is reached?
( 1 2 all )
Amber_Glow 3,857 28 11/25/04 07:26 AM
by LunarEclipse
* Pressure and anxiety gettinjiggywithit 391 2 01/12/06 06:09 PM
by Ego Death
* Physical Death Nathaniel 1,464 6 10/15/01 08:58 AM
by CACA
* Swami's (No) Fear of Death Challenge
( 1 2 all )
Swami 3,741 28 08/02/03 08:33 PM
by Lazerouth
* Life and Death-a shroom induced ramble Catalysis 1,298 10 05/31/02 06:10 AM
by gumby0zero
* Fear of death
( 1 2 all )
unlikelyhero 4,222 31 09/25/03 03:37 PM
by Alan Stone
* Honesty and the Arbitrary SkorpivoMusterion 1,676 14 04/24/06 09:56 PM
by SkorpivoMusterion

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,013 topic views. 2 members, 6 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.