Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
about to hit my first NA meeting
    #13434504 -

they're court ordered, so its not by free will, that's for sure.  that said, however, I want to take it as serious as possible and try to get some positivity out of it.  anyone have any first hand experiences?

I've been to a handful of AA meetings and they just aren't my thing.  every one I've been to is filled with people who are... well, alcoholics.  I'm not an alcoholic.  I can have one drink and stop, I don't think about boozing... hell, I can say with 100% confidence, alcohol is causing ZERO problems for me right now.  drugs are my issue, I'm a druggie.  I love using narcotics, be it opiates, uppers, downers, lefters, righters, diagonals... it doesn't matter.  the AA meetings really made me feel like, if I came out and said I was a druggie and not a drunk, i'd be looked down upon.  then again, all of my meetings have been in two or three redlight towns (literally) filled 90% with redneck senior citizens (again, literally, not a stretch), so it's kind of a given the atmosphere is going to be a little... well, uncomfortable for a druggie like myself.

I have a feeling, however, I'll be right at home at a NA meeting being that I'm a druggie in recovery.  I want help and I'd be gracious to receive it however it came, so i'm gonna go in this meeting with the intentions of leaving at the very least feeling satisfied.  if not satisfied, I at least want to feel like, you know... not looked down upon because I'm a druggie like AA made me feel.

anyway I'll quit ramblin', any knowledge or words of insight for a virgin NA attendee?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: about to hit my first NA meeting [Re: zSDMF]
    #13434720 -

Best of luck man. :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Alcoholic??? Serious inquries only please
( 1 2 3 4 all )
crazyman 12,811 71 03/13/18 03:16 PM
by ReposadoXochipilli
* My meeting with president Bush Dreamer987 868 2 05/12/04 06:08 PM
by KackleDude
* Just took 4 hits of acid
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
silversoul7 22,445 143 12/22/04 09:21 PM
by wrestler_az
* Guys that hit women. . .
( 1 2 all )
Exothermic 5,323 37 08/23/03 10:35 PM
by bert
* Tonight will be the feel good hit of the summer. Therapy 933 9 09/02/04 08:56 PM
by IAmTheWalrus212
* *Making your own Alcohol.
( 1 2 all )
PrisonSong 4,260 36 01/16/05 05:54 PM
by OJK
* alcohol highway saftey school... amyloid 751 2 03/09/04 10:15 PM
by ShroomyMcPot
* meeting girls on net: follow-up post
( 1 2 3 all )
Turd 7,330 54 05/09/04 11:42 AM
by MagicGirL

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
570 topic views. 0 members, 19 guests and 148 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.017 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 17 queries.