Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Perspective
    #13426203 -

So...if everything is experienced from our individual perspectives...but the personality is an illusion created by our brains...then aren't we all completely full of shit?


--------------------
What's up everybody?!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: Cups]
    #13426310 -

Yes, I believe that is correct.  Full of shit.:thumbup:  "full of sound and fury... signifying nothing"


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: Cups]
    #13426333 -

Cups said:
So...if everything is experienced from our individual perspectives...but the personality is an illusion created by our brains...then aren't we all completely full of shit?



pretty much.  that's why i just try to have fun here. i don't see a point anymore in engaging in much of the debate that goes on in this forum.  it all seems so fake.  myself included.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: deranger]
    #13426461 -

Being able to see we are full of shit, is something to work with.


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: deranger]
    #13426482 -

Cups said:
So...if everything is experienced from our individual perspectives...but the personality is an illusion created by our brains...then aren't we all completely full of shit?



no, not completely full. we are only full of the shit within the vicinity of our perspective

in other words, not everything we feel or experience is illusion or bullshit...but we don't experience everything. Hence our tendency to be wrong.


When the sun shines during the day, my perspective is that of daylight. I'm not saying that people can't be wrong about things such as daylight, but my experience of daylight is not wrong by default, its just that it isn't the whole picture

so if I were to go around thinking that right now is nighttime for everyone everywhere, that would be erroneous

but understanding that perspective is perspective is how you put perspective in perspective, and not assume that yours is anything more than a perspective.

A lot of children think they are the center of the world. Some grow to realize they are not


my only point being, you are not seeing the whole picture. You are as right to see that people are full of shit as I am to see daylight, but there's still more to it than that


at least that's a bit of my perspective


--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: the bizzle]
    #13426490 -

here's some Bruce Lee:



--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: the bizzle]
    #13426540 -

edit: :blazed:

Edited by deranger (11/02/10 11:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: the bizzle]
    #13426552 -

Yea, I don't think everything about us is bull shit, just that there's a lot of it, but there is more to a human being than the personality/ego.


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: Rahz]
    #13426558 -

what do you see in this? (click to enlarge)



--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: Cups]
    #13426564 -

Cups said:
So...if everything is experienced from our individual perspectives...



reading back, isn't it the other way around?  perspective is shaped through experiences...  how can we experience from a perspective, when it's experience that shapes perspective?  though we can experience perspectives...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: the bizzle]
    #13426754 -

Quote:
what do you see in this?



Looks like some form of sacred geometry. What is the validity in relation to this thread?


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: Rahz]
    #13426805 -

Rahz said:
Quote:
what do you see in this?



Looks like some form of sacred geometry. What is the validity in relation to this thread?



to me,

that image is the same thing from an infinity of perspectives....although it can be almost impossible to see how



I guess I shouldn't have said "IN this", because a point I wanted to make is that when most people look at it and attempt to describe what it is, I doubt they also take into account that in their frame of vision is their monitor, room, hands, and the unknown that exists outside of their periphery. How does this pertain? well, I'm not too sure.

but that image comes to mind when I think of "perspective"


--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID


Edited by the bizzle (11/03/10 12:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: deranger]
    #13427498 -

deranger said:
reading back, isn't it the other way around?  perspective is shaped through experiences...  how can we experience from a perspective, when it's experience that shapes perspective?  though we can experience perspectives...



hmmmm

Experience defining perspective defining experience.  An endless loop.

hmmmm

@ Bizzle and Rahz- So...the question becomes what else is there?  How far down do we have to simplify everything to reach a shared experience?

Even saying it's sunny outside isn't enough.  Different people will have different takes on what is sunny and what is overcast etc etc.

Seems the only objective thing you could really say is that looking up from a certain set of coordinates on earth the sun is currently above the horizon line.


--------------------
What's up everybody?!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: the bizzle]
    #13427591 -

the bizzle said:
what do you see in this? (click to enlarge)






I see BL slapping you on the head.:brucelee:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: Cups]
    #13428824 -

Well, a single person is part of all the things that constitute the physical world. The individuals experiences and interpretations of the world are not separate from the world, but actually a component of it.

The expressions of an individual onto their external world reflect their personality. Though not material in it's existence, a personality is still an aspect of a persons mental being. We can look at the individual as including a mental and a physical level. Neither the mental nor the physical may replace the opposite, however they can express themselves through the opposite. For example, your personality, being a mental characteristic, is still expressed through the physical body. Though independent of each other, they cannot exist without the other.

What this forms is a hierarchy. Personality < mental being <mental-physical(individual) < world. Each level is the expression of the sums of previous levels. Therefore, I'd say you are not full of shit. You are simply perceiving the world to the furthest extent that your being allows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: Icelander]
    #13428845 -

double postttttttt

Edited by smoke dank (11/03/10 01:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: Cups]
    #13428851 -

Cups said:
So...if everything is experienced from our individual perspectives...but the personality is an illusion created by our brains...then aren't we all completely full of shit?



What perspective sees this?
Is that perspective full of shit?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: Chronic7]
    #13429756 -

The Chronic said:
Cups said:
So...if everything is experienced from our individual perspectives...but the personality is an illusion created by our brains...then aren't we all completely full of shit?



What perspective sees this?
Is that perspective full of shit?



"Full of shit" is definitely a perspective. :yesnod:

:lol:


--------------------
Goodbye Shroomery.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: figmentfragment]
    #13429770 -

But if there's a perspective that sees 'full of shit' then that perspective must be cleaner, less shitty at least


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perspective [Re: Cups]
    #13429797 -

Cups said:
the personality is an illusion created by our brains.



Why is the personality an illusion?


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* We are spiritual beings having a human experience
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ShroomismM 9,672 75 10/03/17 12:10 PM
by Apples in Mono
* Good. Bad. Perspective. Jared 2,417 18 05/02/02 05:28 AM
by Joshua
* My hiking experience (if you got the time)
( 1 2 all )
Grav 2,727 20 05/24/03 09:12 PM
by Grav
* Evolution of the DMT experience
( 1 2 all )
Spooge 3,034 31 05/16/04 05:57 PM
by ekomstop
* Pick the psychotic from religious and drug experiences enotake2 1,391 12 02/26/03 02:05 AM
by Grav
* Books that changed your perspective on life
( 1 2 3 all )
Deckard 9,507 58 07/15/24 11:59 AM
by KevinDontWave
* Satori,,conversion experiences(please post) ZenGecko 1,375 15 12/20/12 08:54 AM
by Rool Kat
* ever had a religious experience while off drugs? whiterastahippie 1,493 13 07/30/02 01:36 AM
by whiterastahippie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,703 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.