Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
ID request - Lepiota?
    #13337664 -

my guess is Lepiota naucina

Habitat: large grass area

Gills: white, close, adnexed to free at maturity

Stem: 4-7 cm x ~1 cm. white but bruising yellowish brown, equal until buldging on the bottom, fleshy white interior with a pith, mushroomy smell, prominent nearly superior annulus, separating cleanly from the cap

Cap: 6-9cm white with pale tanish darkening, smooth, dry, fleshy, no apparent bruising, no staining from applied KOH

Spore print color: guessing white, but still waiting on the print



I appreciate any feedback! Thanks shroomers! :sunny:


--------------------
New Cultivator's Guide
Time to fruit? Pinning Strategy and Troubleshooting
My Trade Thread (Fungus, Plants, Herbal Medicine)


:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request - Lepiota? [Re: Primal Call]
    #13337724 -

That ID sounds good to me :thumbup:

Lepiota naucina now known as Leucoagaricus leucothites


--------------------
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination" ~ John Lennon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request - Lepiota? [Re: Primal Call]
    #13337735 -

I haven't met that species yet so I can't say, but I think Lepiotas are wonderful and want to compliment you on posting such a fantastic ID request! I'm sure someone who knows these better will be able to ID for you soon. :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request - Lepiota? [Re: sve]
    #13339284 -

sve said:
I haven't met that species yet so I can't say, but I think Lepiotas are wonderful and want to compliment you on posting such a fantastic ID request! I'm sure someone who knows these better will be able to ID for you soon. :sun:



Thx sve :smile:

by the way, spore print came out white. anyone have other thoughts?


--------------------
New Cultivator's Guide
Time to fruit? Pinning Strategy and Troubleshooting
My Trade Thread (Fungus, Plants, Herbal Medicine)


:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request - Lepiota? [Re: Primal Call]
    #13339299 -

Leucoagaricus leucothites?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request - Lepiota? [Re: TimmiT]
    #13339310 -

TimmiT said:
That ID sounds good to me :thumbup:

Lepiota naucina now known as Leucoagaricus leucothites



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request - Lepiota? [Re: elprawn]
    #13339313 -

elprawn said:
Leucoagaricus leucothites?



Like so, white balance is off in the pics, so I can't really get a sense of what they look like, but I think elprawn is correct!


--------------------
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request - Lepiota? [Re: Blue-FunGuy]
    #13339351 -

Blue-FunGuy said:
TimmiT said:
That ID sounds good to me :thumbup:

Lepiota naucina now known as Leucoagaricus leucothites





Ha! Well I never...

Thanks, mate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request - Lepiota? [Re: LanLord]
    #13339388 -

Quote:
Like so, white balance is off in the pics, so I can't really get a sense of what they look like, but I think elprawn is correct!



Sorry about that... I just realized I had my red light on when I took the pics. This is most noticeable in the 3rd shot.

Thx for the feedback all!


--------------------
New Cultivator's Guide
Time to fruit? Pinning Strategy and Troubleshooting
My Trade Thread (Fungus, Plants, Herbal Medicine)


:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request - Lepiota? [Re: Primal Call]
    #13339410 -

Ryath said:
Sorry about that... I just realized I had my red light on when I took the pics. This is most noticeable in the 3rd shot.

Thx for the feedback all!



oh reeaaaly?  Your red light, eh! :smile:


--------------------
I'm still here  :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request - Lepiota? [Re: riverdweller]
    #13339570 -

riverdweller said:
oh reeaaaly?  Your red light, eh! :smile:



ya, you know... for teh sexy time  :wink:


--------------------
New Cultivator's Guide
Time to fruit? Pinning Strategy and Troubleshooting
My Trade Thread (Fungus, Plants, Herbal Medicine)


:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID request - Lepiota? [Re: Primal Call]
    #13339688 -

Ryath said:
riverdweller said:
oh reeaaaly?  Your red light, eh! :smile:



ya, you know... for teh sexy time  :wink:



Red light district?

Not suggesting anything about your sexual habits. lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Non-Active ID request ChiefThunderbong 6,711 10 10/11/03 04:43 PM
by orizon
* ID 'request' (but not much info, sorry) koraks 5,172 6 01/11/04 03:15 AM
by koraks
* Found in northern orgon, ID Request puggymalone 6,908 15 10/13/23 10:32 AM
by Mr Piggy
* Dried MD-area ID Request (Newbie!) agentdss 6,370 10 10/15/03 03:40 PM
by agentdss
* id requested Da_Vine 4,279 8 07/07/04 08:16 PM
by canid
* Wild Mushroom ID Request Moon_Tea_Brewer 9,847 3 12/16/02 06:39 PM
by Anonymous
* ID request - England rock_ten 2,920 2 08/14/04 08:38 AM
by adamole666
* ID Request: 27 photos in SE suburbs, Melbourne, Victoria, AU veritas_VIC_AU 20,843 10 04/25/03 09:05 AM
by Zen Peddler

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,482 topic views. 0 members, 64 guests and 60 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.