Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Figuring out your career
    #13290655 -

is the hardest damn thing in the world.
i honestly cant find one thing i cant get tired of and just be passionate about everyday.

thats about all i can say.

anyone want to add to this/share their story/give advice.


--------------------
"I'm guessing the 'ancient lost drug' of india is psychedelic mushrooms. The correlation between sacred cows (in hinduism) and magic mushrooms growing on cow dung is too strong to ignore, if you ask me."

As the ocean waves, the universe "peoples"
~Alan Watts~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: Muufokfok]
    #13290662 -

true dat


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: justaguy]
    #13290672 -

agreed. I thought teaching high school science would be great but its week 7 of the school year and i am so ready to move on.


--------------------
EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: Patisotagami]
    #13290691 -

I thought this said 'figuring out your cancer'.

Only advice is learn to trick people into paying you for something, which may or may not require a series of alternating fonts printed on aesthetically pleasing paper.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: Muufokfok]
    #13290692 -

I'm in the same predicament.  I think I've realized that architecture, with a specialization in green or sustainable building methods, would be interesting.  The job market for this field sees only good things for the foreseeable future.
What are your hobbies?  What makes you happy? Figure that out, then figure a way out to get paid for it. :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: LloydChristmas]
    #13290745 -

i've always wanted to be a mad scientists so I chose the genetic aspect hoping to create abominations of nature

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: LloydChristmas]
    #13290752 -

i love music, i love breaking it down in my head, but fruityloops and music programs can be a bitch.
not only that but music is all free now...

i love helping people Psychologically. I do not want to be a doctor, or a nurse, or work in any of that hospital bullshit.
I deeply want to become a spiritual healer and be paid for it. make people stronger, stronger minded, stronger willed.

my dream job would be is to become a spiritual healer and have my own dojo where i dose people with a drug (most likely psilocybin) and cleanse their minds. (service fee of course)

Im a barista atm and hope to become a bartender soon. well i do other things to make money too.

i just feel like theres so much bullshit and competition for most college degrees. theres no obscurity left...


--------------------
"I'm guessing the 'ancient lost drug' of india is psychedelic mushrooms. The correlation between sacred cows (in hinduism) and magic mushrooms growing on cow dung is too strong to ignore, if you ask me."

As the ocean waves, the universe "peoples"
~Alan Watts~

Edited by Muufokfok (10/04/10 09:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: Muufokfok]
    #13290761 -

No matter what job you can think of, there's a degree for it somewhere.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: zergroz]
    #13290771 -

zergroz said:
i've always wanted to be a mad scientists so I chose the genetic aspect hoping to create abominations of nature



Nature's got that part covered.

Quote:
i just feel like theres so much bullshit and competition for most college degrees.



But, but, a social institution is where the knowledge hides! What on earth would you do otherwise?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: LloydChristmas]
    #13290781 -

I was going to be a economist. Now, knowing about the Illuminati and all this crap, I'll be a psychologist. It's all about passion. Maybe just wait. You can work a smaller job meanwhile...just give yourself time to think...Someday it'll pop out, just like it did for me.


--------------------


"This is a call of arms to live and love and sleep together. We could flood the streets with love or light or heat whatever..." - MGMT

"I have three words for you: Take some drugs!" -Simon Posford

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: gab1159]
    #13290793 -

gab1159 said:
I was going to be a economist. Now, knowing about the Illuminati and all this crap, I'll be a psychologist. It's all about passion. Maybe just wait. You can work a smaller job meanwhile...just give yourself time to think...Someday it'll pop out, just like it did for me.



can i have a beer with you someday?


--------------------
"I'm guessing the 'ancient lost drug' of india is psychedelic mushrooms. The correlation between sacred cows (in hinduism) and magic mushrooms growing on cow dung is too strong to ignore, if you ask me."

As the ocean waves, the universe "peoples"
~Alan Watts~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: Muufokfok]
    #13290805 -

BoxyBrown said:
i love music, i love breaking it down in my head, but fruityloops and music programs can be a bitch.
not only that but music is all free now...

i love helping people Psychologically. I do not want to be a doctor, or a nurse, or work in any of that hospital bullshit.
I deeply want to become a spiritual healer and be paid for it. make people stronger, stronger minded, stronger willed.

my dream job would be is to become a spiritual healer and have my own dojo where i dose people with a drug (most likely psilocybin) and cleanse their minds. (service fee of course)




I feel called to do something like this too...  I want to help people change their own lives by peering into the mysteries within.

I'm tempted to go back to school for a biochem degree, but part of me thinks I really just ought to learn a lot more about applied herbology and cultivating my own superpowers.

I love music, and need to perform as a creative outlet, but I don't really expect career money for that, I have to see music as one of my gifts back to the world, because it's just not realistic to try to make a living doing it, most of the time you end up starving.  I'd just like an avenue to perform with some other talented musicians so people can come and listen and buy my drugs. :smile:


--------------------
"Freedom starts between the ears."

Edward Abbey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: Arden]
    #13290809 -

Yeah, it is pretty fucking difficult! You can definitely do anything if you put your mind to it though. Spiritual healer? There are a ton of people that do that successfully. I believe most are frauds, but nonetheless, it is their career.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: scienceguy]
    #13290814 -

i have a deep deep passion to grow mushrooms...
not so much weed.
but i love fungi.
i just wanna have a cabin, a woman, and a farm of mushrooms, edible and psychedelic


--------------------
"I'm guessing the 'ancient lost drug' of india is psychedelic mushrooms. The correlation between sacred cows (in hinduism) and magic mushrooms growing on cow dung is too strong to ignore, if you ask me."

As the ocean waves, the universe "peoples"
~Alan Watts~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: Muufokfok]
    #13290844 -

That's a start.  There are people that cultivate edibles, then sell them exclusively to high end restaurants that pay top dollar.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: Muufokfok]
    #13290883 -

Dude, get in school it & slowly works its way out.  I went to college and signed up as a poli. sci. major because I always wanted to be an attorney.  One night it was like 2 AM and I had just read about 60 pages of The Federalist Papers for my political science class that next morning and I just put the book down and wanted to slam my head into the desk.  I didn't like studying this shit I knew right then I didn't want to hate college/ the career reading bullshit I don't like, debating things that I couldn't give two shits about.

Those next few days I did some serious thinking about what I enjoyed doing, I had a long talk with my strength and conditioning professor about what I can do with a degree in kinesiology, that was 2 years ago.  I'm still a bit away from graduation but I've narrowed it down a huge amount.  I want to work with athletes, I am an athlete.  I traded in late nights reading the federalist papers and bullshitting essays about law to lift heavy objects and take a huge pay cut and I'm more than ok with that.  :shrug:

I've pretty much decided 1. I want to serve in the military and 2. if/when I leave, my career is hopefully dealing in sports running around with college kids staying young playing sports and getting paid.  I'll never drive a corvette, and I can't wait for the day where I'll have accomplished my goals and be putting in a hard days work of playing football or running track :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: PreparationH]
    #13290919 -

PreparationH said:
Dude, get in school it & slowly works its way out.  I went to college and signed up as a poli. sci. major because I always wanted to be an attorney.  One night it was like 2 AM and I had just read about 60 pages of The Federalist Papers for my political science class that next morning and I just put the book down and wanted to slam my head into the desk.  I didn't like studying this shit I knew right then I didn't want to hate college/ the career reading bullshit I don't like, debating things that I couldn't give two shits about.

Those next few days I did some serious thinking about what I enjoyed doing, I had a long talk with my strength and conditioning professor about what I can do with a degree in kinesiology, that was 2 years ago.  I'm still a bit away from graduation but I've narrowed it down a huge amount.  I want to work with athletes, I am an athlete.  I traded in late nights reading the federalist papers and bullshitting essays about law to lift heavy objects and take a huge pay cut and I'm more than ok with that.  :shrug:

I've pretty much decided 1. I want to serve in the military and 2. if/when I leave, my career is hopefully dealing in sports running around with college kids staying young playing sports and getting paid.  I'll never drive a corvette, and I can't wait for the day where I'll have accomplished my goals and be putting in a hard days work of playing football or running track :lol:



That's awesome, man. I'm in the middle of thinking about switching majors...I just need to act, and get on with my life. No more trying to maintain some idealistic,warped image of myself; I just need to accept who I am, and be at peace :smile:


--------------------
"Tears themselves interest me greatly -- but not the tears of melancholy hindsight and existential despair;
rather the tears of awe you experience when the realization of an ideal suddenly appears before your very eyes or thunders inside your mind;
these tears interest me." - Philip Hallie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: PreparationH]
    #13290936 -

i love you preparationH

youre posts are always great and inspiring :datass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: catalyst]
    #13290967 -

I feel like im the opposite, I've spend the last 6 years hopping from trade to trade, transmissions, body work, machinist, I also have a pretty major electronics hobby, and im very good with computers. I love all this stuff but with no highschool let alone any certificatinos or anything im still at square one. Obviously needs some thinking but its still tough, like do you ride something out and wait for the good ol steady pay increase or do you go all out and launch head first into a engineering degree or something. Too bad im so lazy :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Figuring out your career [Re: PreparationH]
    #13290977 -

im in school currently. (community college, sophmore year)
maybe i should stick to becoming a botanist/mycologist, but i recently dropped my chem class cause my teacher was just utterly bad. she had a terrible speech cause she was arabic, gave me a 62 on my first test cause i didnt show work on some problems (even though they were right), and didnt tell us what to study so we'd be dumbfounded on each quiz.

i also dropped Anatomy and physiology cause of all the bullshit work she gave and it was a 4 hour class on friday morning.

next semester im thinking of taking a variety of classes, botany, a good humanities class, music theory, and psychology.

im really interested in becoming a humanities/history teacher, but i heard they get shit pay and have lots of competition.


i just dont want to be one of those jackasses who shows up in a community college class at the age of 33 and has much slower learning capacity.


--------------------
"I'm guessing the 'ancient lost drug' of india is psychedelic mushrooms. The correlation between sacred cows (in hinduism) and magic mushrooms growing on cow dung is too strong to ignore, if you ask me."

As the ocean waves, the universe "peoples"
~Alan Watts~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Help. Pick me a major/career path please??? MOTH 2,368 16 11/19/04 12:47 PM
by ArmFromTheAbyss
* Funny or badass stuff that happened in your high school career
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
RandalFlagg 6,830 80 09/04/24 12:51 AM
by amontripper
* My attempts at a career are being thwarted
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 3,196 54 09/03/05 10:04 PM
by Skunk420
* Considering a career change hankydanky2k 624 3 04/07/04 08:33 PM
by Krishna
* Careers, Jobs, Aspirations??
( 1 2 all )
NuperSova 3,910 35 11/12/04 07:17 PM
by omutumo
* Careers in Sociology/Anthropology dblaney 1,091 13 07/23/05 04:57 PM
by dblaney
* Should I be a nurse? (or a court reporter or a vet tech)...looking for a career to train in MOTH 810 4 04/16/05 05:25 AM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* Jobs and Careers daft 580 2 07/22/04 10:25 PM
by ToTheSummit

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,197 topic views. 2 members, 18 guests and 248 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.043 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.