Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineoOjonahOo
addict
Re: heating jars?
    #13030 - 04/18/00 02:17 PM (24 years, 4 days ago)

86 degrees is ideal for p. cubensis. You should be alright with 70, but growth will be slower. If you don't want to construct some sort of heating apparatus, such as a heating pad or aquarium heater, which are both pretty cheap and effective, then consider putting them by a hot water heater until you see mycelium. There are tons of recent posts on this topic, just look back through the past couple days for "incubating" "heating pad" and "aquarium heater"

--------------------
Ultimate Mycodirectory v4.0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: heating jars? [Re: oOjonahOo]
    #13032 - 04/18/00 04:41 PM (24 years, 3 days ago)

There right, PF deveeloped his strain in Wash.St where 80deg. is a heat rush..85 deg. is optimum for colonization..expect to see growth in 5-7 days(after 10, if no growth, something has gane wrong)GoodLuck!!

------------------
"A good shroom is like a 'sore' peter...You just can't hardly beat it"

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
    #13033 - 04/19/00 01:02 AM (24 years, 3 days ago)

Juan,

sorry bud, PF didnt create the strain to colonize at 85 degrees....ALL CUBIES COLONIZE BEST IN THIS TEPRATURE RANGE! Its a genetic thing......in order for the mycelium to grow at its best you want your jars at 85 (anywhere from 80-90 depending on what strain your growing) Also, depending on what substrate used, no growth in 10 days is not all to un-common......again, it all depends on the strain and substrate as to what is to be expected.

[This message has been edited by PanTrop (edited April 19, 2000).]

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

OfflineVorpal
old hand

Loc: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
    #13034 - 04/19/00 06:02 AM (24 years, 3 days ago)

Mycelium developed in my jars in 3 days when I had them sitting in my closet at 70F. However, the mycelium growth was slow. After about a week I decided to try raising the temp. The mycelium growth took off. It appears to be growing at least twice as quickly. All I used for a heating method was a 60W light bulb. I covered my jars with a towel to keep them in the dark. To keep the temp high enough, I made a smaller area in the closet by piling boxes until there was only 2 feet of space at the top of the closet for the light and my jars.

good luck

OfflineAldousHuxley
journeyman
    #13035 - 04/22/00 03:34 PM (24 years, 59 minutes ago)

Lime, we had very slight growth in our jars after 4.5 days. We stuck a heat rock betweent the jars (in a paper grocery bag) and the mycellium took off. Make sure the jars stay warmer than night/morning temp.

Anonymous

#13036 - 04/23/00 08:13 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

it's been a week, and my jars are kickin' it. there is quite a bit of mycelium on the four sides of the jars where the spores were squirted. the mycelium is starting to spread, and it looks kinda like weird crystals at the edges. is this normal?

thanks, guys for all the info

the shroomery is GRRRREAT! :biggrin:

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #13037 - 04/24/00 06:45 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

i'm guessing the crystal-like growth is rhizomorphic (rope-like) mycellial growth.
that's good, we like that.
nothing to worry about.

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder