Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinen8
Re: KAZ heating pad for incubation?
    #74218 - 02/13/00 10:58 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

i wouldn't bother with it. heating pads are extremely hard to use for incubation, because they heat unevenly and have a tendency to get way too hot when you don't expect it and actually damage your growth.

the best way to do it involves fish tank bubblers, but in my opinion the whole incubation thing is really overblown. once you have your setup in place, you can always keep enough jars colonizing to suit your needs. if time in the canning jars is really at a premium, then a good incubation setup is shroomgods, where a large flat rubbermaid container is filled with water and a fairly high watt submersible fishtank heater is placed in it and set to the desired temp, then the cover is placed on the tank and you put the jars on top of the cover, and put something like a blanket or a plastic cover or something over the entire thing. this isn't really necessary for most people, however.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNyar15
Re: KAZ heating pad for incubation? [Re: n8]
    #74220 - 02/14/00 12:35 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Do you have a computer and some towels? I put all my jars back in the box they came in, put a towel underneath and one over the box with a thermometer stuck in to monitor the temp; you can get almost any temp you want this way depending on how you position the towels. 12 jars fit on top of my monitor this way, and since I leave my computer on 24 hours a day. This has been working quite well for me so far.

--Nyar15

Offlinetoad
journeyman
    #74221 - 02/14/00 01:32 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Ive heard really bad things about those i took mine back. Ive got one of those plastic elaminated reptile heaters that goes on the bottom, this keep a steady heat along with a self adjusting control, Ive heard about heating pads affecting the humidity because its dry heat, theres different models, but i wouldnt use them personally

Offlineredfuzz
Stranger

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
    #74222 - 02/16/00 12:18 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Nyar15:
Let us know what sort of iradiated mutant mushrooms you get. :wink: I've seen coworkers grow freaky lookin plants around their monitors.

When I first got a heat pad, I cooked a bunch of jars. I haven't been too keen to use it again yet. But I'm thinking of converting a closet and would use it on a shelf for colonizing jars.

redfuzz

--------------------
Stop thinking and talking and there is nothing we do not know---Zen Paradigm

Anonymous

#74223 - 02/16/00 07:11 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I've had my jars off the heating pad for a while. I'm sure they were getting too warm, even on the lowest setting. I've just wrapped them in a big towel and set them in my closet on a shelf. If I cooked them, oh well, I'll just start over again.

Thanks everyone

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract