Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGthirteens
GovernmentalStrain 13
Re: Mudvayne speach mckenna? [Re: Glowing_Eleven]
    #1288004 - 02/07/03 07:09 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mudvayne is terrible.

Finally, somebody who agrees with me!! What kind of bands do you listen to G11?

Peace
Gthirteens - "It's all I ever smoke"

--------------------
Nostalgiaholic -

Fresh Times Past Age Like Wine,
More and More Precious All the Time

We have found they can intoxicate,
Blurring the Reality of our State

As I pluck them off my Aged Mental Vine,
Fresh Times Past Taste Like Wine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineslab
Pimp
Loc: under the bridge
    #1288008 - 02/07/03 07:11 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I appreicate people reading the thread but i dont care if you like mudvyne or not i just wanted to know the name of the mckenna speech.

I dont mean to sound like an ass but why do people always say new metal sucks? then tell you to go listen to some band which usally is deathmetal/metal which i really dont enjoy. We all have diffrent preferances accept it

Btw just for my knowledge what is Tool classified under?

OfflineB(O)uddha
I'm supposed togive a fuck?

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Mudvayne speach mckenna? [Re: Gthirteens]
    #1288385 - 02/07/03 09:50 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Unfortunately the only band on your list that has any degree of musicality or talent above mudvayne would be meshuggah. lamb of god = glam of god (poser death metal, crappy musicians and even worse lyrics). poison the well was okay (opposite of december), but thier new album is hella geh! nothingface I had high hopes for, until I listened to thier music, go figure!  :grin:

I got to see meshuggah in concert recently, goddamn, that was a show, I was just starting to peak on 2g of some cubies and literally I think it blew my mind! 8 string guitars and a drummer who is a polyrythmic maniac!  :grin:

--------------------
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-Buddha

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Mudvayne speach mckenna? [Re: aguynameddan]
    #1288476 - 02/07/03 10:21 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Dude that's McKenna himself!! :smile:

The samples in that track are a fine tribute to a fantastic mind.

RIP Terence :-|

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinespirit-molecule
mushroom

Loc: Toronto
Re: Mudvayne speach mckenna? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1291338 - 02/08/03 02:36 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Mudvayne is all into what Terrence Mckenna talks about. They have links to his site on Deoxy. They think along the lines of psychedelic drugs expanding conciousness and causing evolution in humans. Thats why they dress like aliens now. I used to have a poster with the DMT, LSD, and THC molecules on it. I dont really like mudvaynes new album but im gonna go put the old one on right now.

--------------------
One of the things you learn after years of dealing with drug people,
is that you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back
on a drug. Ecspecially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in
your eye.
-- Mr. Duke

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Mudvayne speach mckenna? [Re: spirit-molecule]
    #1291382 - 02/08/03 02:57 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

.. I'll be damned..

I wish they weren't a metal band, as I've never been a big fan of lyrics in metal because it usually requires the singer to YELL a lot.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineGthirteens
GovernmentalStrain 13
Re: Mudvayne speach mckenna? [Re: B(O)uddha]
    #1291743 - 02/08/03 05:55 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Unfortunately the only band on your list that has any degree of musicality or talent above mudvayne would be meshuggah.

I disagree man, you just don't have the "ear" for it! That's alright though, not everybody likes everybody elses music!

Quote:

lamb of god = glam of god (poser death metal, crappy musicians and even worse lyrics). poison the well was okay (opposite of december), but thier new album is hella geh! nothingface I had high hopes for, until I listened to thier music, go figure!  :grin:.

I can't believe you said that bout' lamb of god!!  It's the complete opposite of what you said!  They're amazing musicians, and think their vocals kill Mudvayne's vocals!!  Mudvayne's drummer can't even compare to this guy!

Yeah Poison the Well has turned somewhat gay... but their first two albums are badass (Opposite of December, Distance Makes the Heart grow Fonder)

Nothingface's new one is good, but not as good as their first two... Pacifier, and Audio Guide to Everyday Atrocity.

I really reccommend Hopesfall, I know you'll like those guys!  Listen to anything off their EP try "End of an Era"... these guys are amazing... so are Coheed and Cambria... you gottah hear them!!!!

Quote:

I got to see meshuggah in concert recently, goddamn, that was a show, I was just starting to peak on 2g of some cubies and literally I think it blew my mind! 8 string guitars and a drummer who is a polyrythmic maniac!  :grin: 

Yeah man, I seen them live too... it was sooooo nuts!!! I smoked a joint of nugs instead though... still awesome though!  Their drummer is one of my favorites, he inspires my drumming!  He is simply amazing in how he plays those insane polyrythmic drum beats!  Atleast we agree on this:)

Peace

--------------------
Nostalgiaholic -

OfflineDrumah
Stranger
Re: Mudvayne speach mckenna? [Re: slab]
    #1292225 - 02/08/03 10:14 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

One word, Opeth. They are the shit. Download "Deliverance" , " Black Rose Immortal" , "Master's Apprentices" , "The Moor" and "Face of Melinda" to see for yourself.

Edited by Drumah (02/08/03 10:48 PM)

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Mudvayne speach mckenna? [Re: slab]
    #1292516 - 02/09/03 04:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, i believe it was mckenna, thanks for pointing that out, i should have known that, silly me. Anyways, about this whole mudvayne suck..theres all this talent elsewhere crap, Yeah, theres are other bands out there who are alot better in my opinion, and apperently others, im not much of a fan of mudvayne, and am heavily into metal and hardcore and there respectable genres. But Fuck off, we all like different music, floyd will do it for some, mudvayne for others, burnt by the sun for me.....its all relative. How can you critisize someone for their PERSONAL opinion? Fuck off, enjoy your own music, dont critisize others.

Oh, and Mudvayne is not very talented at all musically...and theyre lyrics are little more than overuse of big words at times. But whatever turns your crank.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineGthirteens
GovernmentalStrain 13
Re: Mudvayne speach mckenna? [Re: PDU]
    #1292706 - 02/09/03 06:08 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hey man, I'm not criticizing anybody for what they listen to... as you'll notice in my last post I say "you just don't have the "ear" for it, everybody likes different music and there's nothing wrong with that"...
... but I just disagree that mudvayne are good musician's or a great band... and also I'm just trying to open up some people's musical horizons man, if I never heard of the bands I heard of through friends offline and online I maybe would like an semi-untalented band like Mudvayne!! If you like the metal/hardcore genre there are alot other bands you need to check out is all... but if you still like mudvayne then... then that's cool man!!

Oh yeah, and Opeth does fuckin' kickass!!!!! Listen the Drapery Falls from Blackwater Park!

Peace

--------------------
Nostalgiaholic -

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #1292844 - 02/09/03 06:57 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Your right, your right. To each his own. Im not a fan of mudvayne at all...but do have LD. 50...how could i not with so many fantastic drug references. But yeah, thats cool for trying to open peoples horizons, i chose my wording wrong. I believe you mentioned zao and hopesfall...i listen to them, but im not really fans of the others...not that thats hear nor there. I listen to like: american nightmare, stretch armstrong, agoraphobic nosebleed, strife, striking distance, sworn enemy, vision of disorder, superjoint ritual, burnt by the sun, the dillinger escape plan, the red chord, adamantium, between the buried and me, etc etc etc.

Sorry for being off topic, just wanted to make peace. Cheers :smirk: 

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineGthirteens
GovernmentalStrain 13
Re: Mudvayne speach mckenna? [Re: PDU]
    #1293138 - 02/09/03 08:53 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I listen to like: american nightmare, stretch armstrong, agoraphobic nosebleed, strife, striking distance, sworn enemy, vision of disorder, superjoint ritual, burnt by the sun, the dillinger escape plan, the red chord, adamantium, between the buried and me. 

Sorry for being off topic, just wanted to make peace. Cheers :smirk: 

Thats cool man, no hard feelings... I might've too harsh about others liking Mudvayne earlier in the thread... but I'm friends with people who like all kinds of music including rap (which I don't really care for at all) and hippie stuff.  I like alot of classic rock including floyd, zepplin, jimmy... but only usually when I'm tripping... I normally listen to the heavy shit because that's what I'm in to, and that's the kind've drums I play!!

Out of the bands you mentioned above I've only heard of ...
Burnt by the Sun
Between the Buried and Me
Dillinger
Visions of Disorder
and The Red Chord

and I'm huge fans of each of these bands!!!  But as for the others you listed, I haven't heard much of ... but you know what...I'll check'em out man :smirk:

Peace

--------------------
Nostalgiaholic -

OfflineChefRamenNoodle
The Chef
    #1299514 - 02/11/03 08:58 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

wow, alot of fucked up shit on this thread.

-mudvayne's singer is one of the best in metal today (he doesnt just growl or whatnot, hes got a kickass voice)
-their bass player is absolutely amazing! just listen to their songs and youll probably (hopefully) agree
-guitarist really adds depth to the band. hes not the best of the bunch but he ads some space
-drummer is the shit, all i gotta say

however, a metal band im sure ALL of you would LOVE is Opeth. www.opeth.com

their singer has the best growl and best singing voice in any metal band ive ever heard. crazy shit

--------------------
--
[url=www.cafeshops.com/cheframen]Disinformation Awareness Office[/url

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #1301527 - 02/12/03 03:37 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mudvayne is terrible

what do you base this one ( and I know everyone it different)

but give me a reason
and I dont mean to be a prick but I bet you dont play and thats part of the reason you dont like them.

mudvayne like tool has very weird timing
my buddy jay told me one Tool timing is 13\7
just to give anyone who doesnt know what I am taling about some info
4\4 timging is that way "most" music is
even classical :grin: 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals