Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMiRrOr
Zeta Reticulan
Male
Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
tripping at MUDVAYNE concert this tuesday...
    #4039603 - 04/11/05 02:27 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

this tuesday at roseland in nyc...

yea, im sure alot of you shroomery pple are familiar with the band mudvayne...most people wouldnt really classify their music as "trippy" at all...they are a very heavy band with a shitload of emotion, literally super human musical precision, and an appointed, gifted voice...

however, the band as a whole is extremely in touch with the world of mushrooms and other hallucionogens...for example, they open up their cd L.D 50 (lethal dosage 50), with a song called monolith which basically has some scientist guy saying this:

"it seems to be suggesting that our evolution from the animal kingdom into the human kingdom itself was catalysed, or triggered by our encounter with these halluciongenics....and yes we are an ape with a symbiotic relationship to a mushroom, and that has given us self-reflection, language, religion, and all the spectrum of effects that flow from these things....and one can only wonder how these halluciongens might effect our future evolution as well...they have brought us to this point and as we make our relationship to them conscious, we may be able to take control of our future evolution at path...."

excellent quote, makes a whole lot of sense to me, especially the part about us being apes...kinda the whole truth theory of who and what we really are...

anyway, if any of u have never heard them and are even remotely interested in hearing them, here is a list of songs...

(PS- they probably arent really for the people here who listen to older stuff like beatles, grateful dead, hendrix etc etc....more people who listen to perfect circle, tool, system of a down, rage against the machine, etc etc.....)

(PPS-dont get me wrong tho, i listen to bands like pink floyd, zepellin, and hendrix....this friday nite i was at my friends house and he was downstairs so me and his vietnam vet, alcoholic/pot smoking dad went upstairs to his room and smoked 2 fat J's while listening to purple haze by hendrix, man was that an experience lol...)

songs:
1) death blooms (words do no justice)
2) dig (intensely fast)
3) world so cold (a bit slower...amazing song tho)
4) (per)version of a truth
5) the end of all things to come (the lyrics couldnt make more sense)
6) cradle
7) nothing to gein (song inspired by serial killer ed gein)
8) prod (ridiculously eerie song about world ending)

well anyway i think ive ranted about mudvayne long enough...the concert should be insanely crazy...im going to go fucking nuts when they come on thats all i know...

anyone else here going/know anyone going??

--------------------
"i don't mind the sun sometimes, the images it shows....i can taste you on my lips and smell you in my clothes....cinnamon, and sugary, and softly spoken lies, ya never know just how ya look in other peoples eyes"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAnubis
Time Traveller
 User Gallery

Loc: Durango, Colorado Flag
Re: tripping at MUDVAYNE concert this tuesday... [Re: MiRrOr]
    #4039739 - 04/11/05 03:00 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I am very familiar with mudvayne. I love the trck Monolith. the guy that you hear talking is Terence Mckenna. I first found interest in him after hearing this mudvayne song. Since you like that song so much, I urge you to check out their album " The Beginnig of All things to End". It has a longer version of "monolith" (around 19 mintues long!!) know as L.D.50 and it will knock your socks off. I listen to that song in the dark while on a moderate dose of mushrooms, and I was really impressed. Definetly try it out. You can find that album here http://bravadousa.com/stores/mudvaynestore.html

And you can Find more Terence Mckenna talks here http://mckenna.psychedelic-library.org/
I would highly recomend that you download and listen to the Tree of Knowledge talk. It is truly wonderful.

peace,
Anubis

--------------------
"Always pull up survey stakes, anywhere you find them. Anywhere."
-- Edward Abbey

Home Sweet Home: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs316.snc4/41134_1575150945077_1424696117_31559183_3782033_n.jpg

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4040235 - 04/11/05 10:36 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i've tripped at a nevermore gig once. they're not a well known band unless you're deeply into your metal, but they're pretty fucking heavy, amazing talent, and most of the lyrics are about the psychedelic experience. i was on one hit of acid, and it was one of the most enjoyable gigs i've been to. the band-members' hair was like waving around in tune to the music...pretty cool. just avoid the mosh-pit; moshing isn't good when you're tripping!

BTW, here's an interesting article about the nevermore singer:

http://basementbar.com/DefaultN1.asp?GoTo=EditorialN1.asp (scroll down to the link electric religion: the philosophy of warrel dane.)

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: tripping at MUDVAYNE concert this tuesday... [Re: alsey]
    #4040332 - 04/11/05 11:18 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i wouldn't take any psychedelics at this kind of show

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Offlinemushroomviking
Electric WhiskerButton

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: tripping at MUDVAYNE concert this tuesday... [Re: butterflydawn]
    #4040897 - 04/11/05 01:51 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't want to even go to a Mudvayne show, let alone do hallucinogens at one, just for the sheer fact that I strongly dislike Mudvayne.

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: tripping at MUDVAYNE concert this tuesday... [Re: mushroomviking]
    #4043619 - 04/12/05 01:50 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

mudvayne is one of my favorite bands, they are amazing. that said I can't imagine tripping at one of their shows, too many people being retards. If it was possible for me to float above the crowd and sit in a lay-z-boy i'd be all about it however.

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#4044855 - 04/12/05 10:59 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't trip at that kinda show mate. be safe and comfortable.

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience