Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Spider Murder [Re: Jackenobi]
    #12664989 -

Quote:
it is not capable of consciousness



you dont know that.
this is basically the only thing i really payed attention to in your entire post , which almost seems like a big goofy distraction from the fact that you kill them , because you believe they aren't conscious.
Even if they were conscious, they wouldn't suffer , cuz u would squash them so fast , the death would be instant.

I personally don't kill them and its not some phase im going through.
I never really killed spiders. I try not to kill any insects except mosquitos and its usually when they're on my skin already.
The instinct is such , that i squash it if its walking on my skin , but i dont try hunting them down.
If i see a spider in my house , i usually bring a piece of paper and take it out or if its real smal i take it to the fake benjamin i have so it can build a lil web.

There are no poisonous spiders in my area , so i really have no real threat staring at me when i see a spider.
This creature is so tiny a whole army of them would die if they went up against me.

Quote:
Oskar Schindler: Power is when we have every justification to kill, and we don't.



Killing WITHOUT ANY rational justification...
that just  makes me wanna


--------------------



---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: jivJaN]
    #12665027 -

Kill the spiders.  Kill them all.

:spiderrevenge:


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: deCypher]
    #12665338 -

all we needed was the appropriate emtocon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: Freedom]
    #12665491 -

i love spiders...
honestly I dont understand the fear of them. they are generally pretty obvious so its not that hard to stay away from them. The bugs that they eat are the ones that I dislike. flying insects that buzz on my face and lay eggs in my food or suck my blood.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #12665566 -

Quote:
MarkostheGnostic said: I love trees but I'd probably burn it down, tent the house, poison the shit out of the yard, and make the baby sleep with a mosquito net. I'd keep a can of Real Kill, Black Flag, or Raid in every room. Placed in a jar with a Black Widow, the Widow loses.




^ Lol you don't play, I like your style :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: skippyluvs]
    #12666014 -

Whos the emo chick in your avatar with the banana btw?

My cat just fought a seagull, seagull was victorius and cat is butthurt :butthurt:


--------------------
Fuck seats! Drove all the way from LA for this show.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: taedium]
    #12666515 -

This argument goes like this:

Person #1 We shouldn't kill animals cause they have nerves and emotions and experience fear and pain.  That's the same reason why we don't kill people. 

Person #2 Well they are not conscious like us so we can do whatever we please to them.  Plus I don't care about them and they look different then we do.  I don't feel any connection with them so I feel no remorse for killing them.  We can kill them because we are smarter, therefore it is our right to kill them if we please.  What is right or wrong is subjective. 


The first argument for killing animals is that they are not conscious like us, but how does any of us know how conscious they are?  On the other hand we know that they have nerves and brains like we do.  We can watch an animal killed and sense its fear and its pain because it gives off the same indicators that humans do. 


As humans we simply don't care about animals being killed.  They look different then us and we don't feel any connection with them.  A human can make the argument that since they feel no remorse for killing an animal this somehow justifies the killing.  Whether or not a human feels any sadness for killing an animal (or a human) doesn't change the fact of what happened.  Sure right and wrong may be subjective, but what occurs in the universe is a much more concrete notion.  Perhaps there is no right and no wrong, but still there is an organism, and there is the death of that organism.  There is nerves and there is a brain in the organism, which work in analogous fashion to our nerves and our brain, allowing that organism to experience something analogous to what we experience.

There are some who will argue that because we are human we have the right to rule over the other animals because we can.  We are this race and they are that race and this is how the world works right now so why don't we rule over them?

Obviously we can do a lot of things because we are human.  We can destroy ecosystems, and we can lock people up and make them do slave labor because we have power and they don't.  We could hunt down and destroy billions of insects.  We could borrow a lot of money as individuals or as nations, and not be able to pay it off. 

I mean there are a lot of things we have the ability to do because we are human.  But which of these things do you really think we should do?  That is the question ultimately.


--------------------
:huxleyfacepalm:


Plant Trees

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: Nymphaea]
    #12666601 -

Humans are animals. Animals kill other animals. It is part of life. Who cares who or what dies? It's all just part of life. Humans kill other humans, but other humans say you aren't allowed to, so not as many do it but i'm sure if it wasn't against the law more people would kill each other.

If you see a spider and you want to smash its guts, go for it, there aren't many consequences for killing spiders. If it makes you feel shitty, then you probably shouldn't do it. It truly is a meaningless argument. Stop whining or stop power tripping.


--------------------
"It's Gloom as unpredicted on this earth. I realize all the uncountable manifestations the thinking-mind invents to place wall of horror before pure realization that there is no wall and there is no horror just transcendental empty kissable milk light of everlasting eternity's pure and perfect empty nature"- Kerouac

Party Tent Brewing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: taedium]
    #12666643 -

taedium said:
Whos the emo chick in your avatar with the banana btw?



That emo chick is the one and only Katy Perry.


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: jivJaN]
    #12667024 -

I am not yet capable of loving the spider. The instinctual fear runs too deep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: Nymphaea]
    #12667274 -

Nymphaea said:
What is right or wrong is subjective.



  • There is no such thing as good or bad, right or wrong.

Are you, or someone you know, intellectually insane?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #12671760 -

Mr. Mushrooms said:
Nymphaea said:
What is right or wrong is subjective.



  • There is no such thing as good or bad, right or wrong.

Are you, or someone you know, intellectually insane?



To clarify, I was stating an argument that is often made, I was not making that argument myself. 

And even if someone was making that argument I definitely would not consider them intellectually insane, but just someone who thinks very differently about the subject then I do. 

With pretty much every single bullet point on that list you could find many a professional philosopher who you would consider "intellectually insane."


--------------------
:huxleyfacepalm:


Plant Trees

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: Nymphaea]
    #12673136 -

Nymphaea said:
Mr. Mushrooms said:
Nymphaea said:
What is right or wrong is subjective.



  • There is no such thing as good or bad, right or wrong.

Are you, or someone you know, intellectually insane?


do. 

With pretty much every single bullet point on that list you could find many a professional philosopher who you would consider "intellectually insane."



Most are.  Many students of philosophy know that.

I'm glad to hear it wasn't your argument.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: skippyluvs]
    #12673441 -

skippyluvs said:
Quote:
MarkostheGnostic said: I love trees but I'd probably burn it down, tent the house, poison the shit out of the yard, and make the baby sleep with a mosquito net. I'd keep a can of Real Kill, Black Flag, or Raid in every room. Placed in a jar with a Black Widow, the Widow loses.




^ Lol you don't play, I like your style :smile:




"Tiny insect" indeed!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #12673480 -

:hotidea:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #12673595 -

Mr. Mushrooms said:
Nymphaea said:
Mr. Mushrooms said:
Nymphaea said:
What is right or wrong is subjective.



  • There is no such thing as good or bad, right or wrong.

Are you, or someone you know, intellectually insane?


do. 

With pretty much every single bullet point on that list you could find many a professional philosopher who you would consider "intellectually insane."



Most are.  Many students of philosophy know that.

I'm glad to hear it wasn't your argument.



I think it is a side effect of thinking about this stuff as much as they do.


--------------------
:huxleyfacepalm:


Plant Trees

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: Nymphaea]
    #12675365 -

I think it is because there are many more professional philosophers than sincere philosophers


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: Noteworthy]
    #12677179 -

I think so too.  Dr. Adler, author of over 50 books, stopped writing for the confused professors of philosophy in 1976.  He realized two things: he wasn't getting through and the general public needed educating more than them.  Fuck academia.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: Noteworthy]
    #12677542 -

Noteworthy said:
I think it is because there are many more professional philosophers than sincere philosophers



I would have to disagree to some degree.  To go into the field of philosophy you have to be pretty committed.  It's not like there are a ton of jobs out there for philosophers.  A lot of philosophers come to conclusions like the ones in those bullet points, but they don't want to believe those conclusions.  I mean, they try to follow reason the best they can, and disregard their emotions and their feelings, sometimes it makes them really unpopular.  I guess I don't really know what you mean when you say a philosopher is not sincere, but when I think of a philosopher who IS sincere I think of one who is after truth no matter what it is.  I feel like philosophers who come to these very off-beat conclusions are willing to sacrifice some of their reputation to believe in something they believe is closer to the truth, and I think that probably adds a little bit to their sincerity.

I think philosophy is more of a social thing then a professional thing, and the general public needs a lot more education then the professional philosophers.  But I still think it is very valuable to listen to all types of philosophers and hear their arguments, no matter what their conclusions.  Most professional philosophers have thought about this stuff a lot more then the general public has, but maybe that becomes a problem.  Meta-philosophers seem to have the craziest conclusions, they seem to point to something inherently wrong with how we do philosophy or perhaps how our minds are programmed.

:shrug:


--------------------
:huxleyfacepalm:


Plant Trees

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spider Murder [Re: Nymphaea]
    #12677644 -

I cant really give much substance to my claim. I guess I am thinking about people who write and publish stuff without really making much of a difference.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* "Fear" & "Instinct" as two DIFFERENT "Senses".....(?)
( 1 2 all )
eMotionALLmotion 2,762 30 05/04/05 11:06 PM
by Psychoactive1984
* America, God and Murder
( 1 2 all )
Swami 2,023 35 01/11/05 12:15 AM
by incubaby_421
* What is the objective reality of instinct and human nature? justinsanity 1,496 12 05/16/10 12:27 AM
by justinsanity
* Where do instincts come from?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Diaboleros 6,138 77 01/20/09 02:47 AM
by zouden
* The web of confusion and the spider of mundane reality world Dogomush 2,108 12 08/12/03 11:57 PM
by Dogomush
* Instinct = Reincarnation = Oversoul ? HagbardCeline 1,374 7 04/17/09 07:52 AM
by HagbardCeline
* Humans do not have instincts
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Poid 6,318 78 04/20/10 08:59 AM
by dill705
* Instinct
( 1 2 3 all )
exoskeletal 2,625 41 10/16/10 09:27 PM
by quinn

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
4,072 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 67 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.