Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
a creative daemon
    #12665929 -

I watched a TED video about this the other day (if you want to see it, bottom of the post).


do you think you have one?

You can call it a genius if that works better.


Either way, what i'm talking about is that strange creative inspiration that comes and goes at various times (some not so convenient). It's not exactly "you," but it's not wholly outside of you, either.  I have one of these things.  Sometimes it stays with me for days, or just a few hours, and sometimes it leaves me alone for a month or longer.

When it's around, I feel somewhat possessed by whatever I'm creating (and if I'm not creating, I feel strange and unsettled). Maybe the "possessed" feeling hits me because over time I've learned that I had better pay attention to a creative mood while it lasts, in case it goes away before I did anything about it.  Hard to say. I never really have plans to make art, it just kinda flows out of me when my daemon/genius shows up at a good time.


this may be a fairly occult way of describing creativity, but it's true enough in my experience.




http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a creative daemon [Re: lukeboots]
    #12670758 -

I would call it chaneling(mediumship), and it is occult (some could call it that way).. maybe you should visit S&M forum sometimes :smile:
and btw TED are doing some fine job, I watched some presentations and the whole idea of TED is just great.


--------------------
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Nietzsche

I've never faked a sarcasm in my life. True story.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Creative, but bored as hell? It's Collaboration time!
( 1 2 3 all )
Blastrid 6,963 51 02/26/04 01:47 PM
by TheDude
* Shrooms Rock and so does Pinky.... RadelBaluvar 1,534 13 01/15/06 08:51 AM
by RadelBaluvar
* magick occult, pagan psychedelic music Mystic_Cannibal 1,549 12 10/16/07 09:34 AM
by theorganicdomino
* Drugs and creativity
( 1 2 all )
manna_man 3,806 29 01/26/04 10:31 PM
by TODAY
* music for getting creative... Smack31 1,517 12 11/27/02 04:17 AM
by Strumpling
* Need help with creative writing essay silversoul7 948 9 12/17/03 03:23 AM
by fireworks_god
* piece for creative writing class ohmatic 553 5 10/31/07 02:10 AM
by ohmatic
* creative differences relativexistance 510 4 05/17/04 12:01 PM
by relativexistance

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
302 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.