Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Drugs and creativity [Re: Murex]
    #2271427 -

a combination of caffeine and adderall got me to write my most creative song ever.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drugs and creativity [Re: abhi]
    #2272464 -

"For some reason, speed seems to stimulate my creative juices quite a bit."

I know what you mean!! :smile:, although I barely EVER do it anymore, I not only wrote a bunch of songs on it I have spent 10 hours at a time figuring out other peoples stuff without tab.
************************************************************

I like opiates for poetry and mushrooms(psychedelics) for writing music, I will admit on 7 grams of strong cubes I cant write much, let alone play, but thats what smaller doses like tonights 3 grams are for.

I may not make "my best song ever" tonight, but its fun to play while tripping. :smile:

and when all systems of thought fail, theres always open chords!!! :smile:
fun ,easy , trippy!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drugs and creativity [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2272530 -

I actually find I'm most productive the day AFTER a trip.. it's like my mind's still on overdrive, but I have much more control at this point. I've written many of my best songs the day after a mushroom trip or a roll.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drugs and creativity [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2272799 -


Yeah, the day after seems so pleasent. The colors are crisp and clear, you can smell things, and have your mind all cleared up.


--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drugs and creativity [Re: manna_man]
    #2275495 -

I wrote a song for piano on my last mushroom trip that is really great. I wasn't trippin that hard, I was on the comedown, and just let it flow. I've written a damn good song on 30mgs of adderall and a big blunt too.


--------------------
_______________________________________________________________
namaste said:
no flamz in da ODD, if you got nothing to contribute then keep yo lips zipped
_________________________________________________________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drugs and creativity [Re: manna_man]
    #2275530 -

It depends on what I'm looking to create.....

Recently I've started coming up with various ideas for a giant DVD (or whatever comes after DVDs in the future) audio-visual production, and DMT kicked some of the ideas into full gear - of course I can't work photoshop or cubase/soundforge while tripping on DMT so I have to attempt to retain as much of the experience as possible - I will probably start a pad with sonic and visual ideas scratched on them after each trip.

Apparently Shpongle was created by the two artists smoking DMT and then when they came down they expressed to eachother the "dreamscapes" that they had experienced, and how these scapes could be implied through audio. This is similar to what I'm looking to do, only there will be visuals tightly woven in along with it.

The idea is to externalize and extend a heavy trip and make it understandable and accessible to thosewho have never tried any substances.


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drugs and creativity [Re: HB]
    #2275565 -

"the trick to speeding up the creative process is actually to slow down your thought processes"

hehe I've always found this to a quite a perplexing idea, HB. I don't know if thought-processes can be slowed down completely, but I think certain aspects of thought can slow down.

See since time itself seems to be constant from my perspective, on various drugs, larger thoughts come through more slowly, allowing more time to inspect each piece of each thought - its not really slowing down the thinking from my experience, its simply spending more time thinking on each thought if that makes sense...

Well that's my opinion anyway - rofl time and thought sure create an interesting synergy don't they?


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drugs and creativity [Re: Strumpling]
    #2275711 -

Strump, I gotta hear more about your DMT experiences...

As far as tripping and playing guitar, there have been times where I can see measures ahead what my hands will do, and they move with ease to the queued action. Others I can barely play a note with any feeling other than blahheehhhhhhh....

But I do get general concepts or sometimes even specific sounds that I try to incorporate in my electronic music.


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drugs and creativity [Re: Strumpling]
    #2275881 -

i drew while coming down off DMT, and while coming down off Ayahuasca, and I can say that both times I was 'overly' inspired, as I had so many ideas that to try to get one full solid idea out, it would be ridiculous ...

but i still got out some interesting stuff


--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drugs and creativity [Re: Murex]
    #2276136 -

smoke weed and listen to music you don't generally go for and it sounds AWESOME...now, listen to music/create music you love while smoking and it sounds MORE AWESOME.

i like to write/freestyle to my beats while high but creating the instrumentals while high is something that i need to try to do.


--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* music for getting creative... Smack31 1,517 12 11/27/02 04:17 AM
by Strumpling
* Need help with creative writing essay silversoul7 948 9 12/17/03 03:23 AM
by fireworks_god
* creative differences relativexistance 510 4 05/17/04 12:01 PM
by relativexistance
* URGENT: help with a creative essay on heroin? shrooming_s3th 1,069 9 06/07/03 02:26 AM
by mjshroomer
* Drug Enforcement with"BUDMAN" groingrinder 751 4 12/13/02 08:59 AM
by groingrinder
* New Drug Lyrics Of Mine! superfine 339 0 03/30/04 12:59 AM
by superfine
* Here it is! The great creativity game! Join NOW!
( 1 2 all )
Fliquid 4,138 34 10/11/02 04:35 AM
by Fliquid
* poem written during bad trip.... wrestler_az 2,627 8 09/15/02 05:29 PM
by wrestler_az

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
3,806 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 11 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.