Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anyone who knows different trance genres help please
    #12380551 -

I'm wondering if there is a kind of trance with less of a beat or with no beat?
If you listen to this song:


Go around half way through (4:00)
If there was a DJ or a genre out there with a sound like that but without that constant beat through the entire song, please share :sunny:
I've heard songs where the beat stops for a lil bit, but it still comes back and I don't really like it

Just found another song:


Between 2:30 and 4:10 is kind of what I'm talkin about. A song like that all the way through would be :awehigh:


--------------------
[

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone who knows different trance genres help please [Re: chooken] * 1
    #12390658 -

Ok, these two tracks are what I consider "Euro-Progressive" Trance.  A bit on the cheezy, synthy side.  So, what your asking is if there is music that sounds like the breakdown interludees?

That would be what I call "Epic/Trance Ambient" and there are many examples.  Most Trance labels like Anjunabeats, Lost language, Solaris, Deepblue, etc. will put out ambient versions of trance tracks.  I have several mixes I have done off this style which I will try to post for you.


--------------------
"Evolution is the slow conquest of dimensions, and music has always been the way."-Terrance McKenna

"Sounds like funny machines!" -My 7 year old daughter Makayla, while listening to Shpongle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone who knows different trance genres help please [Re: ChicagoMorel]
    #12390934 -

Oh snap!  File conversion to mp3 failed.  Katrinka fix...


--------------------
"Evolution is the slow conquest of dimensions, and music has always been the way."-Terrance McKenna

"Sounds like funny machines!" -My 7 year old daughter Makayla, while listening to Shpongle.

Edited by ChicagoMorel (04/14/10 09:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone who knows different trance genres help please [Re: ChicagoMorel]
    #12393036 -

Thanks, I'll have a look at those bands
Also, the link ye posted is dead :thumbdown:


--------------------
[

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone who knows different trance genres help please [Re: chooken]
    #12395855 -



--------------------
"Evolution is the slow conquest of dimensions, and music has always been the way."-Terrance McKenna

"Sounds like funny machines!" -My 7 year old daughter Makayla, while listening to Shpongle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone who knows different trance genres help please [Re: ChicagoMorel]
    #12396539 -

i think the closest thing to that would be "Ambient". i really like music like that myself, but i havn't done much looking into it. i don't think there is much music, if any, out there, that is like, trance lead synth sounds just playing out like ambient tracks with no beats behind it. if there is, i would love to hear it. i mean, there is ambient, but usually it sounds different than trance breakdowns. i produce music, and i could actually make a bunch of music that sounds like that. it would be very easy to make and i could make lots of it all day lol. but i wont because its too easy. maybe one day i'll make an ambient album with trance leads like that, that would be nice to trip to, or just to relax to.

this is one of my favorites:

First State - Evergreen (listen at 3:22)



I think you will all like when it gets to 3:22
it sounds like it's out of a movie during some epic scene
i love listening to this while tripping, makes me feel like im in a movie like i described.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone who knows different trance genres help please [Re: lamedeer123]
    #12397132 -

I have 80 minutes of exactlty that in the mix link above


--------------------
"Evolution is the slow conquest of dimensions, and music has always been the way."-Terrance McKenna

"Sounds like funny machines!" -My 7 year old daughter Makayla, while listening to Shpongle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone who knows different trance genres help please [Re: ChicagoMorel]
    #12398556 -

lamedeer123 said:
i think the closest thing to that would be "Ambient". i really like music like that myself, but i havn't done much looking into it. i don't think there is much music, if any, out there, that is like, trance lead synth sounds just playing out like ambient tracks with no beats behind it. if there is, i would love to hear it. i mean, there is ambient, but usually it sounds different than trance breakdowns. i produce music, and i could actually make a bunch of music that sounds like that. it would be very easy to make and i could make lots of it all day lol. but i wont because its too easy. maybe one day i'll make an ambient album with trance leads like that, that would be nice to trip to, or just to relax to.



That was my thought about it... Got Ableton live, went and tried to learn all about it, then failed at making it haha
So I thought I'd find out if there is some already out there. I found ambient a while ago, but like you said, it's different

If you were to make tracks like the breakdowns, I would hump your leg so dam hard!

ChicagoMorel said:
I have 80 minutes of exactlty that in the mix link above



Downloadin right now, will listen when I get home from work
6:30am-3pm shift :frown:


--------------------
[

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone who knows different trance genres help please [Re: chooken]
    #12402531 -

I hope you enjoy it, I have several more mixes in that genera.


--------------------
"Evolution is the slow conquest of dimensions, and music has always been the way."-Terrance McKenna

"Sounds like funny machines!" -My 7 year old daughter Makayla, while listening to Shpongle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone who knows different trance genres help please [Re: ChicagoMorel]
    #12406320 -

I'm listenin to it atm actually. First time I got a chance to actually listen to it. Obviously not what was stated in my OP, but it's still a good mix - good work!


--------------------
[

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone who knows different trance genres help please [Re: chooken]
    #12408286 -

Glad you like it.  All those tracks are chill versions of Trance tracks.


--------------------
"Evolution is the slow conquest of dimensions, and music has always been the way."-Terrance McKenna

"Sounds like funny machines!" -My 7 year old daughter Makayla, while listening to Shpongle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ambient / Experimental Album Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 25 26 )
MiddlemanM 96,868 516 08/09/09 05:56 AM
by Middleman
* Who listens to Trance Music?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ArCh_TemPlaR 14,654 62 10/22/20 02:04 PM
by juloxx
* My Trance Track is tearing up the charts iluvfungi 491 11 05/13/10 11:10 AM
by mazatec cubensis
* Psychedelic Ambient v6.0 **updated 11/27/11**
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Penguarky Tunguin 28,526 132 01/27/16 07:18 AM
by AlteredAgain
* Best trance/psy to sleep to
( 1 2 all )
ShroomismM 6,573 31 07/06/10 02:52 AM
by microbe7
* Any new House/Electro/Techno/Trance i95fl 1,778 13 09/06/09 02:30 AM
by i95fl
* Your favorite trance, ambient, etc. type music? phEight 2,281 11 10/13/03 02:26 AM
by rommstein2001
* psy trance Metasyn 1,752 9 05/06/05 10:07 PM
by yarrak

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
732 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 8 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.