Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Yoga video's I recommend
    #12302880 -

I own both of these videos and really enjoy them. The first one is great for begginers, hence the name.




This is the second one I bought, and it totally kicked my butt.




Although one's yoga should be developed by the one performing, it does help to try to perform anothers' routine to get ideas that spark imagination.


--------------------

Edited by ImaginingEmotions (03/30/10 11:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoga video's I recommend [Re: ImaginingEmotions]
    #12303092 -

how about some free ones

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoga video's I recommend [Re: ImaginingEmotions]
    #12303110 -

I wouldn't mind watching a yoga video for some tips, but I've always found the precise positioning of asans to be fairly intuitive. Teacher can make gross changes in your posture but only you can make the final stretch until it really *clicks*. And in this vein, I think getting to that final click of one asana is better than having a full routine memorized.

Do these videos teach you routines, then? or do they give you tips on how to achieve the most fruitful form of each asana?

I also think that watching videos while doing yoga, if this is how it's done, is kind of contrary to the idea of yoga - that is, to be focused on your body and breathing, something that isn't aided by watching a DVD.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoga video's I recommend [Re: fazdazzle]
    #12303332 -

fazdazzle said:
I wouldn't mind watching a yoga video for some tips, but I've always found the precise positioning of asans to be fairly intuitive. Teacher can make gross changes in your posture but only you can make the final stretch until it really *clicks*. And in this vein, I think getting to that final click of one asana is better than having a full routine memorized.

Do these videos teach you routines, then? or do they give you tips on how to achieve the most fruitful form of each asana?

I also think that watching videos while doing yoga, if this is how it's done, is kind of contrary to the idea of yoga - that is, to be focused on your body and breathing, something that isn't aided by watching a DVD.



Yeah, its kind of redundant that you are watching a video while you should be completely focused on your body.

They are routines, but while you are following it explains pretty well on what you should be feeling during each asana. "Breath in deeply as you come to dandasana" or "Exhale going into downward dog, keeping your hips high and your heels pointed away from your tailbone". They also give some tips on advanced postures as it goes along. They really get into how you should set your intentions for the day. Like one of the quotes from the film while you are in corpse pose is as follows:

"Once we begin to celebrate what our body does, rather than obsessing on how it looks, we start to appreciate our body as an instrument, rather than an ornament."

I've seen some pretty lame videos before, but these videos are probably as close to the best as you can get without really having a teacher there. They cover so many aspects, that each time you watch them, you are reminded of ways to better your posture, thoughts, and overall energy.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoga video's I recommend [Re: ImaginingEmotions]
    #12339255 -

Hmm, interesting....I think I'll actually have to check them out. Thanks for the explanation and examples - that is a pretty nifty quote about seeing our bodies as instruments rather than ornaments.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoga video's I recommend [Re: fazdazzle]
    #12343814 -

does anyone know if the p90x yoga video is worth checking out?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoga video's I recommend [Re: shimishimiman]
    #12345524 -

I personally love the p90x yoga. It is difficult but I always feel amazing afterward. I remember reading a review somewhere claiming it was horrible and a disgrace to yoga. I suggest you give it a try. It is challenging but still a lot of fun. Take this with a grain of salt though as the only other thing I have other done that is comparable to yoga is practicing the 5 tibetan rites. It is quite possible I am missing out on a whole world of yoga by sticking with the p90x dvd. It seems like a good place to start though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoga video's I recommend [Re: fazdazzle]
    #12347160 -

fazdazzle said:
I wouldn't mind watching a yoga video for some tips, but I've always found the precise positioning of asans to be fairly intuitive. Teacher can make gross changes in your posture but only you can make the final stretch until it really *clicks*. And in this vein, I think getting to that final click of one asana is better than having a full routine memorized.

Do these videos teach you routines, then? or do they give you tips on how to achieve the most fruitful form of each asana?

I also think that watching videos while doing yoga, if this is how it's done, is kind of contrary to the idea of yoga - that is, to be focused on your body and breathing, something that isn't aided by watching a DVD.



yeah, i agree.  they're AWKWARD.

this is why i want to start streaming live yoga lessons.  there are some problems logistically, but there are so many people out there without access to good yoga teachers/studios......


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoga video's I recommend [Re: yogabunny]
    #12347449 -

Yes yoga bunny you should Stream classes!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoga video's I recommend [Re: p4kSouL]
    #12347968 -

I thought the P90X yoga blew ass and was pretty disappointed. What I hate about yoga videos is that you don't get to go your own pace and your relaxation is controlled. As in you wait until you hear that you have to get up rather than just fully relaxing or staying in a position or whatever. Watching to learn the routine and then going about it w/o the video afterwards is the way to go, but IME the P90X wasn't worth learning.

There are some free videos linked here*, that I think are really good. The problem is that they are pretty hard and you'll need to have plenty of experience beforehand. Also they are very asana based even though many people believe that a morning routine should be more about loosening up the proper channels to prepare for meditation. Regardless, they seem like something to watch for performance info, how to develop a routine, and setting goals to work towards in the future. They also seem good for people who are a little too fidgety and need to be beat down a little before meditation.

*videos

All are by David Swenson:

1st series:
http://rapidshare.com/files/24156582/Ashtanga_Yoga_With_David_Swenson.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/24158314/Ashtanga_Yoga_With_David_Swenson.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/24159934/Ashtanga_Yoga_With_David_Swenson.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/24161268/Ashtanga_Yoga_With_David_Swenson.part4.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/24162758/Ashtanga_Yoga_With_David_Swenson.part5.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/24163991/Ashtanga_Yoga_With_David_Swenson.part6.rar
http://rs102.rapidshare.com/files/24424030/Ashtanga_Yoga_With_David_Swenson.part7.rar

2nd and 3rd series:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ag9c71e/n/Ashtanga_Yoga_Second_Third_Series.part1.rar
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ag9c710/n/Ashtanga_Yoga_Second_Third_Series.part2.rar
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ag9c71g/n/Ashtanga_Yoga_Second_Third_Series.part3.rar
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ag9c71f/n/Ashtanga_Yoga_Second_Third_Series.part4.rar
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ag9c71c/n/Ashtanga_Yoga_Second_Third_Series.part5.rar


--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoga video's I recommend [Re: p4kSouL]
    #12353644 -

p4kSouL said:
Yes yoga bunny you should Stream classes!!



Agreed, you're quite attractive.  :awesome:


--------------------
"What was the first thing your husband said to you when he woke that morning?"
"He said, 'Where am I, Cathy?'"
"And why did that upset you?"
"My name is Susan."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoga video's I recommend [Re: cryptic_pickle]
    #12353878 -

um, thanks!

but it's my yoga teaching skills that i hope will stand out :tongue2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Yoga? freddurgan 1,694 8 04/10/05 02:29 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* interested in practicing yoga.. any suggestions? idiotek 818 2 12/13/04 05:49 PM
by Catalysis
* Who here is a yogi? Ereignis 2,023 13 07/22/06 05:16 PM
by Gomp
* beginning yoga PurpleKush 835 6 05/31/06 05:11 PM
by ShattrdHarlequin
* yoga and or/ pilates informational websites... MJF 1,462 12 10/20/05 05:52 AM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Yoga cupevampe 327 0 10/12/06 08:54 AM
by cupevampe
* Just had two girls in my bed...couldn't "perform." PowerTrip 1,104 7 06/15/05 09:43 PM
by Ravus
* Looking for good vitamin recommendations.. RESTLESS 973 3 03/24/06 03:26 PM
by mushiemountain

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
2,841 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.