Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
legitimizing my passion * 1
    #12288576 -

So I got a DUI the other day, and they found mushrooms in my car, so they threw me in jail. I was released on OR in less than 24 hours and they threw out my charges (I only had 3/8 and this was in San Francisco), but I had an interesting experience in jail. They gave me librium for "detox." I knew exactly what it was when they gave it to me, what class of drugs it belonged to, how it worked, what it was going to do to me, and why they were giving it to me. And it was the first time I had ever even taken a benzodiazepine. How many people have that type of knowledge just for the hell of it?

Looking back on it, it was a perfect message from God as to what the fuck I should do with my life: go into pharmaceuticals. Get therapy to work on my nasty habits, then study chemistry, biology, psychology, medicine, with the ultimate aim of getting involved with legitimate drug business on one level or another: research, development, production, sale, anything, would cater to my passions as well as make me serious bank without ever having to risk going back to jail. If the last five years of my life are any indication, drugs are something which seriously catch and hold my interest.

Plus, if psychedelic research comes back in vogue, as looks to be happening as we speak, I'll be in the perfect position to be on the cutting edge, if I get started in school now.

It's so fuckin' obvious that it took something like jail to make me see it. What do you think, guys?


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Edited by Tchan909 (03/28/10 04:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #12288674 -

might as well :shrug:. Purdue is the only university where they do extensive studies on LSD is that matters to you.(When I watched this doc like 1/2 a year ago atleast)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #12288678 -

The companies are all corrupt as fuck.  Have fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #12288691 -

pwnasaurus said:
The companies are all corrupt as fuck.  Have fun.



No shit, but I want to look out for myself, have a comfortable life, and raise children with a gorgeous lady. Y'know? I can't do that with what I've been up to. I'm a barista.

Plus I can always try to work change from the inside - work on finding less-addictive alternatives to all these psychopharmaceuticals flying around.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 1
    #12288718 -

fuck that

this is obviously your first rodeo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: morrowasted]
    #12288728 -

First rodeo? What does that even mean? Are you calling me naive, sir?


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 1
    #12288738 -

as if this is your first epiphany in life man

i am 20 and I have an epiphany every other minute

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #12288746 -

I'm 23, I've been having epiphanies since you were sucking at your mom's tit. This one is pretty cool, IMO.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 1
    #12288774 -

lol

this guy right here

:raveface:



you went to jail and decided your passion in life was to become a drug dealer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: morrowasted]
    #12288784 -

Eh, I'm not one for Big Pharma, but if that's your cup of tea, go for it! 

I personally can't stand all of the bullshit drugs that Big Pharma/FDA release each year.


--------------------
This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Inappropriate behavior.  We do not allow this type of behavior anywhere on this site.  This is your FINAL WARNING.

Also, if you believe that this is really a closed thread, you need to take a closer look...  It's still open.  This is just a signature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: kanglow]
    #12288787 -

Go for it.


--------------------
"Life without freedom is not life... freedom is life."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #12288796 -

I had such a massive passion for drugs.

2 Semester of a Bachelor of Pharmacy was enough to kill any passion or motivation for the field I had.

After the literally minutes they spent on opioids, it was just day in/day out on heart medication and stuff that keeps sucky old people alive :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #12288828 -

It takes a lot of work to get into research (which IMO is the best part of pharm science). Are u any good at chemistry and/or biology?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: Chubba]
    #12288840 -

Chubba said:
I had such a massive passion for drugs.

2 Semester of a Bachelor of Pharmacy was enough to kill any passion or motivation for the field I had.

After the literally minutes they spent on opioids, it was just day in/day out on heart medication and stuff that keeps sucky old people alive :shrug:




Keep in mind that one day you'll be a sucky old person.


--------------------
This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Inappropriate behavior.  We do not allow this type of behavior anywhere on this site.  This is your FINAL WARNING.

Also, if you believe that this is really a closed thread, you need to take a closer look...  It's still open.  This is just a signature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: kanglow]
    #12288864 -

Quote:
Keep in mind that one day you'll be a sucky old person.



Na, I will be an awesome old person.

Take control of my own health and life then die when the time is right... not be a massive drain and burden.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: Chubba]
    #12288899 -

Chubba said:
Quote:
Keep in mind that one day you'll be a sucky old person.



Na, I will be an awesome old person.

Take control of my own health and life then die when the time is right... not be a massive drain and burden.



lol @ this guy

Dude what if u get some fucked up brain cancer kinda shit disease. U cant control nothin!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: mellowparty]
    #12288936 -

Quote:
Dude what if u get some fucked up brain cancer kinda shit disease. U cant control nothin!



Same as if I got brain cancer now (at 23), I wouldn't go to the doctors and I would work my way through it.

If I die, I die... but I don't think I would :vaped:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: Chubba]
    #12288959 -

But cancer is evil :stirthepot: Like very very evil shit disease.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: mellowparty] * 1
    #12288987 -

People can/have beat cancer with diet, exercise and a healthy stress free lifestyle.

I'll die fighting it head on... the others can sit in a hospital getting pumped full of poison (chemo) and getting blasted with radiation for months/years on end in terrible health while they drag down all there family/friends around them :shrug:

I don't like old people, we're overpopulated and death is a natural part of life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: legitimizing my passion [Re: Chubba]
    #12289001 -

U sound like a reasonable dude :super:

Death FTW


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 6,275 41 11/27/04 06:56 PM
by d33p
* Becoming a pharmacist
( 1 2 all )
Herbologist 3,038 35 10/05/10 05:26 PM
by vash0523
* Starting a Career as a Pharmacist? rupertbeaner 1,760 14 05/06/10 07:11 PM
by openmind
* could an Ex-Addict become a Pharmacist ?
( 1 2 3 all )
Mello KittyS 3,420 54 09/13/12 09:28 AM
by fapjack
* What kind of money do pharmacists make and How much college?
( 1 2 all )
Live406 4,593 30 04/16/04 07:28 PM
by Phencyclidine
* Have a question for you pharmacists out there (about drug testing) fear.loathingSF 2,654 7 11/04/09 07:32 PM
by badchad
* Passion Flower Tea- I HIGHly recommend it!
( 1 2 3 all )
999 5,997 52 05/17/13 09:54 PM
by Aedan
* Smoking Passion Flower Nuggetpouch 34,202 14 10/02/09 08:21 PM
by Pandorok

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,888 topic views. 3 members, 233 guests and 145 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.