Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Coir Question for Coir Users
    #12199813 -

I was looking over large_doses tek and I noticed he uses bed-a-beast. They come in 1.5 lb blocks.

Now the other day I was in the pet shop looking at coir (a different brand) and they said 19.2 OZ. a difference of 5 OZ.

Would it just make sense to weight out 24 ounces of the other brand to equal the 1.5 lb of the bed-a-beast to keep the measurements relative?


--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.


Download PSX ISOs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Question for Coir Users [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #12199847 -

It's nothing really to worry about.
If you feel better, just use a little less of everything, so you stick to the advised amounts.

In the end, there shouldn't be any different noticeable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Question for Coir Users [Re: Fahkface]
    #12199853 -

It's like making soup.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Question for Coir Users [Re: Doc_T]
    #12200374 -

yes but Im sure 5 oz + or - makes a difference considering coir expands so much.

soup is easier.


--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.


Download PSX ISOs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Question for Coir Users [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #12200393 -

Just knock everything else down by about 20%.


--------------------
Cervantes' sclerotia thread    Citric's self-healing lid tek  Agar's Grain LC  Breaking Up Spawn Jars

World's Ugliest Cat?

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Question for Coir Users [Re: myceleus_rex]
    #12200450 -

why? 5 oz isnt 20% of 1.5 lbs


This is why I called the thread "Coir question for Coir Users."


--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.


Download PSX ISOs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Question for Coir Users [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #12200475 -

I dont know how much this will help you but... the coir I use is Coco Tek and comes in 1.43lb bricks. My tubs are around 60L and I use 2 bricks every time and end up with some leftover (this gets saved)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Question for Coir Users [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #12200483 -

legallyhomeless said:
why? 5 oz isnt 20% of 1.5 lbs



Then adjust by adding 5/24 more.

Which is to say, 20%.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Question for Coir Users [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #12200745 -

KillerPicklez said:
I dont know how much this will help you but... the coir I use is Coco Tek and comes in 1.43lb bricks. My tubs are around 60L and I use 2 bricks every time and end up with some leftover (this gets saved)



after it's pasteurized?


:strokebeard:


--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.


Download PSX ISOs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Question for Coir Users [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #12200858 -

legallyhomeless said:
why? 5 oz isnt 20% of 1.5 lbs


This is why I called the thread "Coir question for Coir Users."



5 oz. is 20% of 25 oz. 1.5 lb is 24 oz., damn close, and I am a "coir user".


--------------------
Cervantes' sclerotia thread    Citric's self-healing lid tek  Agar's Grain LC  Breaking Up Spawn Jars

World's Ugliest Cat?

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Question for Coir Users [Re: myceleus_rex]
    #12200959 -

Im a poo man. Coir is new to me and I want to make sure I just do shit right.

:thumbup:


--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.


Download PSX ISOs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Question for Coir Users [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #12200981 -

I know the feeling :cheers:


--------------------
Cervantes' sclerotia thread    Citric's self-healing lid tek  Agar's Grain LC  Breaking Up Spawn Jars

World's Ugliest Cat?

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Question for Coir Users [Re: myceleus_rex]
    #12200993 -

:dancingbacon:


--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.


Download PSX ISOs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Question for Coir Users [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #12201067 -

legallyhomeless said:
KillerPicklez said:
I dont know how much this will help you but... the coir I use is Coco Tek and comes in 1.43lb bricks. My tubs are around 60L and I use 2 bricks every time and end up with some leftover (this gets saved)



after it's pasteurized?


:strokebeard:



Yep after pasteurized.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Question for Coir Users [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #12201080 -

Freeze it? Dry it?


--------------------
Cervantes' sclerotia thread    Citric's self-healing lid tek  Agar's Grain LC  Breaking Up Spawn Jars

World's Ugliest Cat?

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Question for Coir Users [Re: myceleus_rex]
    #12201140 -

I would just dry it out again unless you spawn often.


--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.


Download PSX ISOs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coir Question for Coir Users [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #12201804 -

I just let it dry out then re-hydrate it and pasteurize again when I am ready to use it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Coco Coir Questions?
( 1 2 all )
TEXACE 10,593 21 09/05/21 07:15 AM
by gone-pear-shaped
* coco coir question mastreo 1,542 3 12/12/01 03:33 AM
by mastreo
* coco-coir question mile69 1,235 10 07/16/02 07:28 AM
by TM
* Coco Coir Question? Mycotopian 747 4 02/13/03 05:46 AM
by Anno
* 3 questions on casing yersodum 907 1 08/16/01 04:53 AM
by psilocyber
* bird seed question User Exists 1,506 13 10/28/02 09:42 AM
by User Exists
* Pinning Question... Newbie_user 1,377 4 06/27/02 04:55 PM
by Newbie_user
* Fast question. How long will my spores in my syringes last? NotAllThere 674 3 01/02/03 04:01 AM
by neonhigh

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,082 topic views. 9 members, 116 guests and 86 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.