Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Homeless punk rock! * 1
    #12050660 -

Has anyone ever listened to "Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains"?
Pretty much a homeless guy who talks about his drug addictions and life stories.
His music is really good for being homeless.
I don't think he's homeless anymore though.




Those 2 songs are pretty good, but he also has a lot of other good ones.


--------------------

"The moment we recognize that we can imagine, we cannot. Conversely, if we try to forget that we've recognized it, we've given up the beauty of having an imagination in the first place, and all of our past experiences mean nothing."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: Connor4050]
    #12051955 -

Not so much into this, its alright i guess.

Check out "this bike is a pipebomb."


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: PDU]
    #12052012 -

hey i actually like this :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: Mello Kitty]
    #12052109 -

This is actually pretty awesome! Second song reminds me of my youth for some reason...
And I absolutely love the imperfection and bad performance of punk rock, this verse pretty much sums it up
" And no one seems to understand
The glory of guitar,
When out of tune,
The off timing,
The singers who can't sing,
The beauty of flaw!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: Tangich]
    #12054730 -

Dude thank you for showing this band! I've been listening to them whole day, they are fucking awesome!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: Tangich]
    #12055790 -

Tangich said:
Dude thank you for showing this band! I've been listening to them whole day, they are fucking awesome!



Hell yeah man. His new band is called "Wingnut dish washers union" There pretty good as well.



--------------------

"The moment we recognize that we can imagine, we cannot. Conversely, if we try to forget that we've recognized it, we've given up the beauty of having an imagination in the first place, and all of our past experiences mean nothing."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: Connor4050]
    #12055800 -

yeah man johnny hobo is some good shit


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: AcidDropper420]
    #12055844 -

those were 2 pretty good songs. thx 4 sharing em


--------------------

the pillars of the universe are taking a break at the moment, please call again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: Big_Whoop]
    #12055919 -

I head Poid was in a homeless punk rock band.


--------------------
My entire Life is defined by this link. I beg of you to read: https://www.facebook.com/notes/tsafir-kamel/a-compassionate-message-for-jews-and-christians/10150614597334779

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: Big_Whoop]
    #12055973 -

This other band is also great! This just shows that you don't need heavily distorted electric guitar, bass and drums to make awesome punk rock! Really, this is one of the best bands I've heard in a long while! And I often go to demo punk shows, ut most of those guys are just screamin kids singing cliches.
This is one of my favorites

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: Tangich]
    #12056058 -

Tangich said:
This other band is also great! This just shows that you don't need heavily distorted electric guitar, bass and drums to make awesome punk rock! Really, this is one of the best bands I've heard in a long while! And I often go to demo punk shows, ut most of those guys are just screamin kids singing cliches.
This is one of my favorites




Yeah, I love this song.
I love the verse:
"I guess this is what my teachers warned me what drugs would do
but they forgot to mention the way, that the morphine makes the pain go away"
Brilliant.


--------------------

"The moment we recognize that we can imagine, we cannot. Conversely, if we try to forget that we've recognized it, we've given up the beauty of having an imagination in the first place, and all of our past experiences mean nothing."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: Connor4050]
    #12056101 -

That's what I'm talking about! Rarely you see songs written from experience, especially in this light. Most "punk rockers" bitch about things that don't affect them, while living their leisurely lives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: Tangich]
    #12057205 -

Check out these guys too then! Blackbird Raum. Some more of the folk punk, but with a definite gypsy tinge.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: Connor4050]
    #12057377 -

Wow, thanks for posting. I really enjoyed that

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: kiss_the_sky03]
    #12093073 -

Blackbird Raum is also very good!
Do you guys know any other bands like these, folkish punk, gypsy punk, or any kind of "lighter", acoustic punk? I'm running out of new bands to listen to, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: Tangich]
    #12093453 -

Yea man! I actually recently got into a lot of folk punk.

Check out these two blogs: they post a lot of folk punk.
http://cardboardboxcar.blogspot.com/
http://songsfromtheroad.blogspot.com/search/label/folk%20punk

some bands I've really been digging, off the top of my head:
Longbottom Leaf
Andrew Jackson Jihad
Rosa
Simple to Remember
Dandelion Junk Queens
Paul Baribeau
The Taxpayers
Across the Border
This Bike is a Pipe Bomb
Chris Clavin
Tom Gabel


... I had the same problem of finding new music-- until recently :awehigh:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #12093493 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #12093666 -

check out Left Over Crack. they are insane!


--------------------
I'm like a wild animal in the corner
Waiting for the break of dawn
Trying to get through the night
Just a man with the will to survive


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: Dunno]
    #12094050 -

Dunno said:
check out Left Over Crack. they are insane!



Ah, leftover crack! That brings back memories! :grin: They are awesome, I listened to them more few years ago, but still to this day "Gang control" is the ringtone on my cell!

Shiva thank you very much! That kind of music is exactly what I'm looking for!
I suppose you know about Gogol bordello and Kultur shock? Yeah, they are a bit "too popular", but still very good, I started listening to folk punk through them. And if you don't already, you should give irish folk punk a try, that is for me still the best kind of music created by man! :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Homeless punk rock! [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #12101386 -

shivas.wisdom said:
Yea man! I actually recently got into a lot of folk punk.

Check out these two blogs: they post a lot of folk punk.
http://cardboardboxcar.blogspot.com/
http://songsfromtheroad.blogspot.com/search/label/folk%20punk

some bands I've really been digging, off the top of my head:
Longbottom Leaf
Andrew Jackson Jihad
Rosa
Simple to Remember
Dandelion Junk Queens
Paul Baribeau
The Taxpayers
Across the Border
This Bike is a Pipe Bomb
Chris Clavin
Tom Gabel


... I had the same problem of finding new music-- until recently :awehigh:




Once again, thanks! I have a fairly diverse taste in music, but for some reason had never heard or given anything like this a try. I'm a little bummed Johnny the Hobo isn't making music under the same name though...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The "Punk Cred" thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
RandalFlagg 8,911 95 12/22/05 07:41 PM
by headset
* Hippie or Punk? Hug a tree or Chop it down?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Bullfrog1 9,138 66 04/24/03 06:55 PM
by monoamine
* Who were the first punk bands?
( 1 2 all )
Che_Night_Soil 4,114 27 02/21/04 01:28 AM
by muse_sick
* All You Punks
( 1 2 all )
Sick_Of_It_All 3,932 29 05/20/04 11:28 AM
by Slite
* Fifteen, Jeff Ott, and other intelligent Berekeley punks...
( 1 2 all )
AbstractHarmonix 2,315 24 07/01/05 12:59 AM
by AbstractHarmonix
* Pubbers Say Punk is Dead, but I say Greatful Dead is dead!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
JTHM 8,007 73 02/10/05 01:37 PM
by blissedout
* facsination with mid 90s grunge rock
( 1 2 all )
phishytrip 2,637 31 10/27/04 06:14 AM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* The Rock Jim 790 13 07/23/05 02:19 PM
by blissedout

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,670 topic views. 4 members, 8 guests and 160 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.