Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Nicotiana rustica
    #11908074 -

Thought I'd post how the Tobacco plants are getting on.



These were sown on the 13/10/09 on commercial seed raising mix. The seed was sprinkled on the surface and misted with a hand sprayer to keep moist and placed in a position where it received filtered light. Most seed germinated within 2 weeks.


Once large enough they were transplanted into 9.6 litre buckets with holes drilled in the base for drainage( I know I'm a cheap bastard but they work! :crazy2:). The soil used was just a commercial, organic potting soil and supplemental feeding was done with an organic fertilizer called Nitrosol, if the leaves yellowed during vegetative growth.




~2 1/2 months old~


 




~Roughly 3 1/2 months old and in flower~






~Lifecycle of the flower~


Developing




Open




Pollinated




Seed development




Have harvested some leaf and have it drying. Will report back here when it is time to process and smoke.  :blazed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: karode13]
    #11908090 -

Very nice.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: Big L]
    #11908320 -

:thumbup:Hell yeah,still haven't started up mine yet:crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: KBG1977]
    #11908365 -

awesome plants K13. :thumbup: i want to get some seeds. the seed bank has them.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: ferrel_human]
    #11908410 -

Very nice! :thumbup:

I planted some seeds about a week ago. :smile:


--------------------
Today you are you, that is truer than true.
There is no one alive who is youer than you.

LOAD UNIVERSE INTO CANNON
AIM AT BRAIN
FIRE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: Dr. Seuss]
    #11908546 -

Cant wait to start mine up, yours is an inspiration! :smirk:


--------------------

:sun:Variety is the spice of life!:sun:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: psychedelicSLUG]
    #11909368 -

Same thing here! I do have a N. tobacum plant that is developing flowers right now. Done completely under a 400 Watt MH. I cant stop picking leaves to chew so I can kick the smoking. Works like a charm, much better than all the bullshit you get in cigarettes.

Those really are an inspiration to get my Rustica and the rest of my Tobacum seeds going.

I dont think I have seen such an attractive pair of Tobacco plants before.

Very nice! :jennajameson:


--------------------
_-_--->My Trade List<---_-_

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: Humbled]
    #11909896 -

I planted some seeds at the weekend. Fingers crossed they turn out half as cool as yours.


--------------------
Friendships have come and gone but I always regret the girls I didn't bang




I just dont really care what you think

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: karode13]
    #11909968 -

Looking great!
I grew some rustica last year, and they were in flower for about 5 months, old seed pods drying on there whilst new flowers were forming, all the way until early december. The snow in the UK finally killed them.
In sept/oct new seedlings were coming up all over the garden, I'll never want for rustica seeds again, got thousands!
I didn't pick any to cure and smoke, would be way to strong for me, I've been off tobacco for 4 years and can't say I miss it but it was fun to grow.





This was from the end of october, they just didn't want to stop!



Enjoy the smoke!


--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: Fleadh]
    #11909976 -

Here is the Rustica you gave me Karode, this photo was taken today.  I was surprised how small they still are and they are flowering.  I'll put pics of my other ones tomorrow.



--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Until the 20th century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see,
and hear.
Since the initial publication of the charged electromagnetic spectrum, humans
learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear... is less than one
millionth of reality.
--------------------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: Artnotwar]
    #11910087 -

Hey intense! Yeah it sure didn't grow much more, pretty much just elongated and flowered. I was thinking how that was getting on the other day too. :cool:


@Mostly Harmless~ Those plants look good.:thumbup: I plan on harvesting a good amount of seed and then topping to prevent escapees.



@Everyone else~ Good luck with yours and I look forward to seeing the outcome. They are an easy plant to cultivate and I'm sure they will be great. :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: karode13]
    #11910886 -

Here were mine from last year,and this has inspired me to get off my lazy butt and start my seeds now:grin:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: KBG1977]
    #11911336 -

Very nice KBG. Cool pics:thumbup:  Do I spy some Klip Dagga and Poppy in those as well?


--------------------
_-_--->My Trade List<---_-_

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: Humbled]
    #11911371 -

Thanks man,and yes you do:wink:That was back in Florida:grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: KBG1977]
    #11912961 -

Nice KBG, smoke any?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: karode13]
    #11912982 -

man everybodys got oone. what the hell is my problems. great plants by the way to all.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: ferrel_human]
    #11913176 -

Great pictures! I have tons seeds of different Nicotiana species, perhaps 20 different, and have yet to grow out a single one. So many seeds, such limited space :/


--------------------
Preservation through dissemination.
“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge, while an ordinary man takes everything as a blessing or as a curse.” ― Don Juan Matus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: Solanaceae]
    #11913592 -

i heard that this plant was used by Indians to hallucinate, is this true?


--------------------
The List: Caffeine, Nicotine, Morphine, Codine, Dilaudid, Amphetamine, Psilocybin, LSA, Alcohol, Salvia Divinorum, Nitrous

To Do List: Mescaline, DMT, LSD, MAOI, Yopo, MDA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: Solanaceae]
    #11913633 -

Solanaceae said:
So many seeds, such limited space :/



Isn't that the truth

Adam, native americans used it, but not really to hallucinate.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nicotiana rustica [Re: Big L]
    #11913929 -

gewd to know.


--------------------
The List: Caffeine, Nicotine, Morphine, Codine, Dilaudid, Amphetamine, Psilocybin, LSA, Alcohol, Salvia Divinorum, Nitrous

To Do List: Mescaline, DMT, LSD, MAOI, Yopo, MDA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Nicotiana rustica Drying and Curing.. How?
( 1 2 all )
EffedS 16,172 25 10/20/03 12:36 PM
by Azmodeus
* Hybrid Nicotiana rustica and N. tabacum
( 1 2 all )
Teotzlcoatl 5,555 21 07/24/07 12:33 PM
by Teotzlcoatl
* Nicotiana rustica KerbouchardS 2,868 10 06/16/06 06:12 PM
by ngnyus
* Nicotiana rustica my plants storey Anonymous 2,270 5 03/19/04 08:41 AM
by HarveyWalbanger
* Nicotiana rustica kaiowas 1,837 17 05/07/04 11:46 PM
by mr_minds_eye
* some ?'s about Nicotiana rustica StonedPhilosophr 2,146 14 05/31/07 07:20 PM
by cpw1971
* nicotiana rustica indoors? GreenScreen 2,832 5 09/30/06 01:27 AM
by AKSE
* Nicotiana rustica, what about harvesting? king 2,651 2 07/08/03 03:17 PM
by neuro

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
5,536 topic views. 0 members, 13 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 16 queries.