Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespacefag
Stranger
Innoculating grain? Lets get this straight.
    #1190418 - 01/04/03 01:40 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ok I have been reading alot about grain tek. I have been doing nothing but BRF tek and I plan on doing grain (birdseed). The only thing that is holding me back from doing the grain tek is do you have to use mycelium water? I thought all I would have to do is use my 1/2 pint jars and innoculate straight from the syringe just like the BRF tek. Micron magic showed something similar on their website but the used large mason jars. I have
BALL- wide mouth pint jars (for my small pressure cooker). I went to WalMart and saw different types of bird seed. Finch seed, canary seed which had more millet and I beliveve cockateil seed that has white millet and red oakmillet. The canary seed had the most millet in it and I was thinking about purchasing it. Which one do you recommend? SHould I go with the rye berries and grind them up instead of bird seed.
I want to try something different than the BRF because everyone is saying they are etting a better trip from the grain teks. I hate to tell you, but I thought when i ate just 3 small shrooms I thought I was in another dimension. These were golden teacher and they were from the BRF tek.
Just to let you know I boil my brown rice first and then add a little more water if needed when I mix it with a little bit of brown rice powder, vermicultie and a tad of flax seed and I had better results than not boiling it prior to mixing it with vermiculite and placing it in the jars. What you guys think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSkryllz
Resident lurker
Re: Innoculating grain? Lets get this straight. [Re: spacefag]
    #1190440 - 01/04/03 01:54 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Everything you need to know is being discussed a few threads down in the thread Would this work to innoculate grain.

OfflineSkryllz
Resident lurker
Re: Innoculating grain? Lets get this straight. [Re: Skryllz]
    #1190447 - 01/04/03 01:57 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, well not everything. For birseed anyone of those will do. I personally use hartz parakeet seed, but only because it had the most millet at the time and was cheap. A lot of people use Penningtons Wild Bird Seed due to the fact that its one of the cheapest brands out there. Any birdseed will do really.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Innoculating grain? Lets get this straight. [Re: spacefag]
    #1190477 - 01/04/03 02:15 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

If your going to do more bulk growing, like spawning manure and/or straw, use grain. If your just making simple casings, Id just stick with brf/verm casings.

When casing the grain itself, its hard to get large meaty fruits, because the water ratio is usually pretty tricky. You can add damp sterilzed verm to keep the water ratio a tad higher.

When spawning it, it goes a longer way, and, it colonizes faster because you can shake it.

BRF/Verm casings work really well by themselfs.

You can innoculate grain any way you please...spore syringe, transfering from an agar wedge, or even colonized brf/verm cakes.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate