Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEspresso
The Gods must becrazy...
Couple of questions about innoculation
    #1439845 - 04/08/03 03:41 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, I have heard that while sterilizing in a pot, the jars should have the lids very loosely on the jars, say 1/4 turn or so. Is this necessary, or should I put them on tight? Also, is it necessary to tape the holes after innoculation, or will the dry vermiculite be sufficient protection against contaminants? I ask because a friend wants as little contamination as possible, but doesn't want to stop air exchange with tape if it is not necessary.

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
Re: Couple of questions about innoculation [Re: Espresso]
    #1439856 - 04/08/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

close the lid fairly tight. and uncrew 1/4 turn.....is the point.....

tape the holes shut.. inoculate,,, and once mostly done.. 50 to 75 % done.. remove tape if it slows down.

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

Offlineapuffball
The omniscientfool

Loc: wherever i go
    #1439875 - 04/08/03 03:50 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

When Jr. Innoc'ed he removed the tape and just left the jars tight and put the foil back on...It should be ok that way just make sure that your incubating area is as clean as possible.

--------------------
Are things meant to happen, or are we meant to make things happen?

Offlinesummitstealth
D-dog

Loc: EastCoast, USA
    #1439885 - 04/08/03 03:53 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

\Well first off after you mix your BRF/VERM/Water all togetther 1/4th, 1/2, 1/4th is the basics of "PF tek" put your Substrate into the 1/2pt jars then your can tap holes in the tops or you can wait, i would just go ahead and tap holes and put foil over top the lids when i goto set the jars into the pot to steam. Aalright here we go, next i would put anough water in the pot to come up about 1/3 the way of the jars if you put to much the jars will just tip over so about 1/3rd should suffice. Next heat the water to a boil then turn back down to low and set your jars in the pot with the lids loose if you want you can leave the foil off so the steam can pinatrate the jars betterand steam for about 45mins to an hour, which ever you feel more comfortable with. Then just take a cloth or some tongs and lift the jars off to cool for about 40mins maybe a little long just to be sure it's down below 110ferinhite so you don't kill the spores on innculation. alright i gotta jet

Peace, Dustin

--------------------
Sporeworks
Ralphster44's Spores
MicronFilter Disc
Hawkseye

Edited by summitstealth (04/08/03 04:01 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract