Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Scudreloaded]
    #11898582 -

Scudreloaded said:
isn't the goal to get something out of everything? atleast knwoledge wise?
fool me once shame on ne, fool me twice shame on you kinda crap?
i dunno...just once i fould enthogens, i eventually found this place



Life is a learning experience.

Cyclical existence implies repetitive behavior.

To break free from repetitive behavior is to break free from cyclic existence. Our innate tendency toward complacency, i.e. repetitive behavior, makes us inherently ignorant to our unconscious instinct which ultimately fuels these behaviors.

Mankind champions himself with his self-consciousness, which is ultimately consciousness of his autonomous instinctual will. In his self-consciousness, he is perturbing his instinct, so as to turn it upon its head. Arguably, this is the basis of our morality; good and evil are our conscious judgments of our instinctual (uncontrollable) behaviors. We may learn to control our instinct by means of our self-consciousness; this is how primates "transcended themselves" and it is how we will transcend ourselves also.

Enlightenment, it can be said, is the realization of our repetitive, instinctual desires and liberation is the systematic "killing" of these habits. We must "kill", or at least intensely modify, our amoral instinct in order to achieve understanding/liberation, otherwise we are left to drown in the unconscious of repetition. Repetitive behavior keeps us merely chasing our tails; novelty rescues us from this by showing us the true nature of evolution/existence; that is, long periods of habitual complacency (homeostasis) are transcended by sporadic, abrupt events of novelty for the purpose of higher integration.

We may come to learn of our eternal life through our trial and error of repetitious existence.

Only a precious few in history have successfully integrated their unconscious and realized the root of their repetitiveness.

Entheogens allow us all a fleeting glimpse into this dynamic of the unconscious.

Perhaps you will eventually conquer your repetitive nature by using them.

Perhaps not.

:biggrin:


--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Around In Circles]
    #11899736 -

What makes repetitive behavior better than unrepetitive behavior?


Why should I seek to make my behavior less repetive?  Isn't "repetivie" just something YOU see in behavior?  It's your judgement of the sameness of various acts, and stricly speaking behavior is only repetitive if YOU think it is.


I mean, if we're going to be throwing around the term "repetitive behavior" I might as well use it to describe yours.  What could be more repetitive than talking on a forum?  You're sitting in the same place, having the same discussion, making the same arguments, and hearing me repeatedly tell you you're assuming things. 

If you're so enlightened then why do you put up with that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: xFrockx]
    #11900898 -

yeah that last post seems kinda odd.. considering the content and implications of all his previous post..


--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banlist.php http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banomatic.php

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/vetstatus.php

Kaleidoscope said:
If you build an idiot-proof device, someone will build a better idiot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: evildee125]
    #11901495 -

If he really understood what he was saying he wouldn't feel the need to type such long winded posts full of half-understood doctrines.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: xFrockx]
    #11901513 -

xFrockx said:
What makes repetitive behavior better than unrepetitive behavior?

What was it in my post that gave you this impression? I fail to see how I was saying that at all



Why should I seek to make my behavior less repetive?  Isn't "repetivie" just something YOU see in behavior?  It's your judgement of the sameness of various acts, and stricly speaking behavior is only repetitive if YOU think it is.


I mean, if we're going to be throwing around the term "repetitive behavior" I might as well use it to describe yours.  What could be more repetitive than talking on a forum?  You're sitting in the same place, having the same discussion, making the same arguments, and hearing me repeatedly tell you you're assuming things. 

If you're so enlightened then why do you put up with that?



You have misunderstood.

Repetitive behavior implies complacency to our daily life. To say that my posting on shroomery is a repetitive behavior that is "negative" is a quite humorous stretch. I have been here 4 years and have just under 500 posts.  You have been here roughly the same amount of time, with 8 times as many posts. Who has really wasted their time here?

Please don't preach to me about useless, repetitive habits. I was merely making a point about instinct and the unconscious.

And just because you keep up your poorly constructed banter doesn't mean I am "putting up" with anything. I could care less about your opinion at this point, lets be honest with ourselves; I am writing solely for my own amusement, that is, to flesh out otherwise "uncommitted" ideas.

Back to the actual point in question:

Our habits are like reality crutches; they are vices unto themselves. For the most part, we sleep in the cold-iron complacency of our daily routine and harbor very little want of any true change once our "basic needs" are met and sustained. You have missed this point entirely in your ignorance. I am suggesting that we should harness our instinctual will so that we may direct ourselves away from such cyclical, reward-orientated behavior; behavior that leaves us merely chasing our tails. While such behavior is a necessary prerequisite for consummative understanding, it is not the "preferred" (ideal) state of the psyche. The truly self aware psyche is the psyche is in its liberated form; free from unconscious motivation (instinct), the psyche finds itself free to contemplate wholly unto itself and therefor establish perpetual awareness of its eternal nature. Instead of concentrating on the material needs of our lives, we are able for the first time, to see things for how they truly are; eternally self-sufficient. In freeing ourselves from our unconsciousness, we may gradually dispose of all behavior that attaches ourselves further to the casual chain of being, and as a direct result, we may literally "will" ourselves "out of (material) existence", so to speak. This is how we learn to live in accordance with our "true" will, which is fueled primarily by the self-seeking curiosity and humor of the "divine" eternal Self.

"Self-consciousness" implies that we are, in fact, "witnessing" our behavior up to a certain point (in terms of free will) and we may only change this dynamic by actively seeking to locate the source of our instinctual tendencies. In doing so, we allow ourselves the ability to actively pursue our otherwise latent will of self-integration and universal realization by disposing ourselves of our merely instinctual behavior.

We must realize the root of our desires and once we do this, we may finally control our will toward conscious integration.

This is how we can transcend ourselves.

We must transcend our nature; our natural disposition toward certain states of being.

That is all that I was implying by my post.

Nothing else.

I never said that I was enlightened.

My writing may imply it, but I have only glimpsed it. No one is perfect; I harbor good as well as evil.

Who are you kidding, yourself?

:facepalm:


--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Around In Circles]
    #11901552 -

Who are you?

You don't answer questions it seems, so in case you avoid this one I'll just repeat, "If he really understood what he was saying he wouldn't feel the need to type such long winded posts full of half-understood doctrines. "

Edited by xFrockx (01/25/10 09:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Around In Circles]
    #11901553 -

Quote:
We must realize the root of our desires and once we do this, we may finally control our will toward conscious integration.

This is how we can transcend ourselves.

We must transcend our nature; our natural disposition toward certain states of being.

That is all that I was implying by my post.





I couldn't agree more.  Well put.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: xFrockx]
    #11901614 -

xFrockx said:
If he really understood what he was saying he wouldn't feel the need to type such long winded posts full of half-understood doctrines.



My posts are long winded to those whom lack an attention span long enough to form a proper opinion, such as yourself.

And they are half understood to those whom lack a proper frame of reference to conceptualize them, such as yourself.

It doesn't surprise me that you are confused; it surprises me that you are upset. :biggrin:

I understand what I am saying; that is why I am committing it to writing, so that I may further my conception of it.

Tell me, what are you doing again?

That is, other than feeding my thread (which you obviously don't like) further and further with your posts.

Who is the real jackass here?

:facepalm:

Next you are going to post:

"Just shut up" How perfectly antithetical.

:biggrin:


--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: MagicJames]
    #11901630 -

evildee125 said:
yeah that last post seems kinda odd.. considering the content and implications of all his previous post..



Don't let him confuse you; read my posts that clarify my statements.

MagicJames said:
Quote:
We must realize the root of our desires and once we do this, we may finally control our will toward conscious integration.

This is how we can transcend ourselves.

We must transcend our nature; our natural disposition toward certain states of being.

That is all that I was implying by my post.





I couldn't agree more.  Well put.



Thanks, glad to have someone on the same page.

:bigjoint::biggrin:


--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: MagicJames]
    #11901632 -

evildee125 said:
yeah that last post seems kinda odd.. considering the content and implications of all his previous post..



Don't let him confuse you; read my posts that clarify my statements.

MagicJames said:
Quote:
We must realize the root of our desires and once we do this, we may finally control our will toward conscious integration.

This is how we can transcend ourselves.

We must transcend our nature; our natural disposition toward certain states of being.

That is all that I was implying by my post.





I couldn't agree more.  Well put.



Thanks, glad to have someone on the same page.

:bigjoint::biggrin:


--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Around In Circles]
    #11901682 -

BrainFood said:
evildee125 said:
yeah that last post seems kinda odd.. considering the content and implications of all his previous post..



Don't let him confuse you; read my posts that clarify my statements.




yes Ive read it.. just mulling it over is all... and my confusion didnt come from his post.. but rather the one i indicated.. thanks for the explanation though


--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banlist.php http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banomatic.php

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/vetstatus.php

Kaleidoscope said:
If you build an idiot-proof device, someone will build a better idiot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Around In Circles]
    #11901787 -

Quote:
"My posts are long winded to those whom lack an attention span long enough to form a proper opinion, such as yourself."



My reasons for not forming an opinion have nothing to do with attention span.

Quote:
"And they are half understood to those whom lack a proper frame of reference to conceptualize them, such as yourself."



I can conceptualize them just fine, its holding them which is absolutely baffling to me.  You treat these ideas like your baby.  The baby isn't even yours.

Quote:
"It doesn't surprise me that you are confused; it surprises me that you are upset. :biggrin:"



I'm not upset, I never expected you to answer my questions.  You're not looking for improvement, you're looking for people to agree with you. 
Quote:
"I understand what I am saying; that is why I am committing it to writing, so that I may further my conception of it.

Tell me, what are you doing again?




Questioning you, in hopes you might improve on your ideas once the weaknesses are torn away.  Makes sense, doesn't it?  Probably not, you just want people to agree with you. 


Quote:
That is, other than feeding my thread (which you obviously don't like) further and further with your posts.

Who is the real jackass here?




Who bumped this thread how many times?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: xFrockx]
    #11902018 -

xFrockx said:
Quote:
"My posts are long winded to those whom lack an attention span long enough to form a proper opinion, such as yourself."



My reasons for not forming an opinion have nothing to do with attention span.

Quote:
"And they are half understood to those whom lack a proper frame of reference to conceptualize them, such as yourself."



I can conceptualize them just fine, its holding them which is absolutely baffling to me.  You treat these ideas like your baby.  The baby isn't even yours.

Quote:
"It doesn't surprise me that you are confused; it surprises me that you are upset. :biggrin:"



I'm not upset, I never expected you to answer my questions.  You're not looking for improvement, you're looking for people to agree with you. 
Quote:
"I understand what I am saying; that is why I am committing it to writing, so that I may further my conception of it.

Tell me, what are you doing again?




Questioning you, in hopes you might improve on your ideas once the weaknesses are torn away.  Makes sense, doesn't it?  Probably not, you just want people to agree with you. 


Quote:
That is, other than feeding my thread (which you obviously don't like) further and further with your posts.

Who is the real jackass here?




Who bumped this thread how many times?



In perpetually dodging everything I say, you accuse me of the same.

This is very old and increasingly expected.

We are still at the point of you holding a grudge over nothing; going as far as prolonging a circumstance because you (sub)consciously crave it. The very fact that you came back to the thread says volumes about your insecurity regarding it. What made you post again?

I have made my stance very clear.

I don't want people to agree with me.

For the same reason why I don't care that you don't agree with me.

It doesn't matter.

It never will.

You don't seem to get that.

If people happen to agree, that's great. If you don't agree with me and care to tell me why, then you can expect that I am going to defend my point to the very end; if for only to flesh out my ideas for further use.

You're the one harping on this.

I am merely tending the fire I started.

:bigjoint:


--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Around In Circles]
    #11902099 -

"I don't want people to agree with me. "


"If people happen to agree, that's great."



:monkeydance:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: xFrockx]
    #11902273 -

xFrockx said:
"I don't want people to agree with me. "


"If people happen to agree, that's great."



:monkeydance:



Congratulations; you're a tool.:facepalm:

You took two statements out of context and placed emphasis on my sarcastic "that's great" as an ending to my statement. You chose to ignore the entire part explaining that ultimately, either way, I don't care. Admit it, you have no point and your desperation just showed it.

For you to single out those two statements and declare "victory" is laughable.

As I said and you disregarded, "It doesn't matter. It never will."

You're pointless and desperate.

:shrug:


--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Around In Circles]
    #11902872 -

do few things honestly have a point tho at all in the first place?


--------------------
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. - Hunter S. Thompson

- believe what you may but take the internet with a grain of salt

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Around In Circles]
    #11903955 -

"You took two statements out of context and placed emphasis on my sarcastic "that's great" as an ending to my statement. You chose to ignore the entire part explaining that ultimately, either way, I don't care. Admit it, you have no point and your desperation just showed it."


You contradicted yourself.  Its not my fault.  I didn't take shit out of context, its all in one post.  If it isn't a contradiction, then WHY NOT?  It looks to me like you said you don't want people to agree with you, yet you are happy if they do.  When things happen that I don't want, I tend to not be happy about them.  Either you're being dishonest about your intentions or you're just talking out your ass.  Probably both.

"You're pointless and desperate."

Says the one who had to bump his own thread three, four times in a row multiple times for attention.

Edited by xFrockx (01/26/10 07:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Scudreloaded]
    #11904020 -

Scudreloaded said:
do few things honestly have a point tho at all in the first place?



Yes, things do have an ultimate "purpose". Every action - whether good, evil, or trivial - contributes toward comprehensive understanding of the Universe as an entity*. The "goal" of the Universe is to "find itself" and it does this through our minds.

*Yes, I believe the Universe is an "entity", a collective repository of experience that we have come to call God; however, this entity exists within us all and comes to collectively realize itself through our multitudinous experience. Hence, so to speak, its "need" for us to even "exist", however paradoxically; our minds are actually "manifesting" It, but It is manifesting us. A tautology of actuality.

Arguably, the Universe exists solely for the possibility of self reflection and love, the realization of connectedness. Everything contributes toward love, because every action is eternally interconnected. Due to the inherently dichotomistic nature of the Universe, love would not be possible without pain and unconsciousness to reciprocate it. The Universe exists solely to experience love of itself; self-same Eternity. The entire evolution of the Universe is connected by what we only metaphorically call love; dissolution of self and understanding; Oneness.

:bigjoint:

...but at the same time these things ultimately don't "matter" as well. These concepts are actually mere projections of meaning unto nothingness, but this is the very nature of the Universe, i.e. manifestation itself, and without this projection, truly nothing would exist in the first place. Comprehensive understanding allows us to effectively realize that all duality is an illusion; our very lives, temporality, and matter itself are all an illusion of the Eternal Self. A mere dream of God/The Universe. So, at the same time eternity harbors such profundity in love and experience, it also harbors nothingness and void because the All is an illusion and it is not. Eternity is the unification of all opposites, so it should be of no surprise that we find ourselves speaking in paradoxes about it.

:shrug:

The point is that there is no point.

As "God" "said" to Moses, "I am that I am"

That is, "I am (real) and I am not; I am One in a trinity of being, the All"

:rockon:


--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: xFrockx]
    #11904041 -

xFrockx said:
"You took two statements out of context and placed emphasis on my sarcastic "that's great" as an ending to my statement. You chose to ignore the entire part explaining that ultimately, either way, I don't care. Admit it, you have no point and your desperation just showed it."


You contradicted yourself.  Its not my fault.  I didn't take shit out of context, its all in one post.  If it isn't a contradiction, then WHY NOT?  It looks to me like you said you don't want people to agree with you, yet you are happy if they do.  When things happen that I don't want, I tend to not be happy about them.  Either you're being dishonest about your intentions or you're just talking out your ass.  Probably both.

"You're pointless and desperate."

Says the one who had to bump his own thread three, four times in a row multiple times for attention.



I don't recall this ever happening. Maybe a couple times at best. Your desperation knows no bounds apparently. :shrug:

Even then, you're still posting in a thread that you claim is bunk. You're wasting your time and making yourself look silly, over nothing. :facepalm:

You're a little child.

:shrug:

No dishonesty here.

You're just someone taking something way too seriously over the internet.

I almost feel bad for you.

:facepalm:


--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Around In Circles]
    #11904462 -

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10941665/fpart/4/vc/1

Four posts bumps in a row.

And nothing you said is any argument.  Just ad hominem attacks.

"You're just someone taking something way too seriously over the internet."

You're giving yourself better advice than I ever could.

Edited by xFrockx (01/26/10 10:21 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* my brain keeps itching- doubts about psychedelic experiences
( 1 2 3 all )
kubix 7,205 40 08/26/04 09:10 AM
by THE KRAT BARON
* level 5 ego death, akashic records, pure consciousness bootsy222 2,158 7 03/03/18 08:27 PM
by ImSl8
* Trip stoppers?
( 1 2 all )
bum 13,523 34 05/28/06 07:27 PM
by HighGuy
* death trip
( 1 2 all )
kontron 2,937 22 09/03/04 10:00 PM
by AlmaTron
* Through the Magnifying Glass -- A theory of Psychedelic Action on Consciousness AsanteM 2,258 3 02/19/05 03:40 PM
by Dark_Star
* How can we get psychedelics rescheduled?
( 1 2 all )
psikooz 4,286 20 03/17/04 05:01 PM
by Psiloman
* Conscructing the Psychedelic Experience Kid 8,762 14 05/30/17 10:50 AM
by CactiLover
* Psychedelics and Atheism
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomyTunes 7,328 50 07/29/04 03:58 AM
by el_duderino

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
16,415 topic views. 0 members, 50 guests and 70 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.