Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Kava Kava, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
death trip
    #3080062 - 09/01/04 11:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i read rvd3201's post about bad tripping and it seems like alot of people see death as a bad thing while tripping. it reminded me of the time i thought i was dead while shrooming. i ate a little more then half an 8th, and at some point certain things began to make me think i had died.
#1 the song that was playing changed from music to a very long repetative drone.
#2 my girlfriend-also shrooming was talking to me in my head as she melted into the floor.
i was not ready for this, and i thought i had overdosed on shrooms. funny thing is i didnt freak out, i sat for a moment and thought how i could have died. then i started worrying that my job was going to fire me for being dead. i even thought about searching for my body cause i wanted to see what hapened to me. the whole time this same drone repeated over and over, and i heard my girlfriend talking to me. her face shifted into many shapes and forms, and she kept asking me to go with her. her face turned from hers to jesus, then to a goat, and a mongolian alien looking thing with huge muttonchops. eventualy i made a thought that this was "death" taking me over to the other side, so i refused to go and decided to stay dead in limbo, where i was (in my head). it seemed like time had stopped and my girlfriend was staring straight into my brain. this confusion and intinse feeling of being dead styed with me for what seemed like hours until finnaly my girlfriend slapped the crap out of me for no reason. this brought me down quik. i remember thinking i was dead the whole time and never really being afraid of it. the next day i felt very very happy, and felt like a strangley learned something about myself and my girlfriend.
a week later i stumbled across timothy leary's tune in turn on drop out album, and realized death is nothing to fear. it has to happen, but we can be reborn. the next few times i tripped i tried to get to this level again, but have never been able to.
sorry.. little rant. point is..... i dont think death while shrooming is such a bad thing if you look at it with an open mind.
not as creepy as the time i puked on the rug, rolled it up and threw it into a duffle bag, then sat and wondered as i looked at the bag if i had just murdered someone and shoved them in there and then blocked it out of my head. actually it was pretty damn funny the next day...
have you ever thought you died while shrooming?
You may choose only one
yes
no

Votes accepted from (09/01/04 02:00 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAhHaHaHa
there issomething on myshoulder
Loc: upon the east
Re: death trip [Re: kontron]
    #3080302 - 09/02/04 12:02 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I ate shrooms from some guy. Had to be something else on them. I wanted to die, but i dont think that counts.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3080526 - 09/02/04 01:19 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think of death a lot while shrooming. Only once have I actually thought I had died. Usually I am most at peace with death while tripping.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: death trip [Re: MOTH]
    #3080899 - 09/02/04 03:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

death is more of an acid thing for me....i get off on it actually...its gonna be a great ride!

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Offlinelostintheaether
Stranger
    #3081114 - 09/02/04 04:35 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I experienced death on my very first trip... I didn't know I'd been getting myself into that, as I had consumed an 1/8th of some decent looking mushrooms (which I had later hypothesized were laced with acid, because I've heard the differences, and I've had a batch of shrooms a million times nicer than what I had my first time, and got nowhere near that trip).

Death followed ego dissolution... and I gotta say, it was the singlemost intense moment of my life. What happened was, it was like 3-4 am, (we dosed at midnight, and we decided to lie down for some reason, lights off, its pitch black), and basically, yea, my mental peak brought the ego death, and from my window behind me, an extremely bright light shined through. A voice (think Frank the Bunny from Donnie Darko, only more comforting yet mysterious rather than creepy) in my head told me "Follow", and all of a sudden I'm pulled into an out of body experience. I traverse through what seems like nothingness (space almost, tho, with stars and stuff), and all of a sudden, I'm in a desert... gold sands and blue skies... and in front of me stands these huge doors, with nothing behind them. Anyway, there's also an hourglass, and the bright light entity tells me something along the lines of "you must understand your existence if you want to live. if you cannot, your soul is mine" and soon i get the image of an hourglass starting, and in moments i'm back in my room, lying down... i started thinking about where i was today, who i was with, my loved ones, friends and family, where I had been, who I was, why I was here, and I realized it - the entity had been reaping me of my memories, of the very moments and thoughts that constitute who i am up to this day. no matter how hard i thought, i couldn't understand who and why I was, and what my role in the universe was. and as you guessed it, my time was up, and I blacked out.

next thing i remember, i found myself dead, thinking that in death, you experience the last few moments of your life for all eternity, 'cos i had the most insane deja vu, countless times, of me lifting my head up, looking at my fan and to the right at my desk, (i was unaware of my body and my friend in the room, because it was very dark) i thought i could hear my bones crack, though i was unaware of my body still. during this time i had many revelations about life, love, the universe, god, war, death, so many issues i had been thinking about, but could never find answers for. after the enlightenment, i must have blacked out, for what happened next was what my friend had witnessed. i can only remember what happened afterwards, when i knew i was alive again.

he said i had been sitting on the edge of my bed, with my knees up against my chest, my head down, huddled. he thought I was inside an egg, and soon, he saw me slowly breaking free from the shell, extending my arms like a dramatic stretch after a loong slumber. he said an extremely bright white engulfed the room and a voice told him "this is the rebirth".

...and the rest is history. when i came to, i felt renewed, reborn, ressurrected. I have never felt the same way since that fateful night... and no matter how many times I look back at it, no matter how times I think about it, I can realize profound things and their relation to life, to love, and to God. To this day I know I had been touched by the divine consciousness, and that I am not only one with the universe and with everyone, but with God as well. sure, death was extremely frightening at first, but when I had experienced my oneness with all, when I gave up the battle with my ego and my body and my mind showed me things unlocked now that I could never imagine, the overwhelming feeling of peace and joy was enough to make me cry.

after my friend comforted me after hearing "i'm alive, holy shit man... i didn't die. but i'm still fucked up. i think forever." out of my mouth for a few minutes, I had calmed down, and we discussed our trips, took turns going to the bathroom. though the intensity of the trip died out after about 8 hours or so, i was still hallucinating well into 11 am, with my perception of the room size and shape off, and my hands looking aged at least 80 years, but managed to slowly but surely (and luckily) fall asleep. despite the hallucinations and strange feeling about my body, i was burnt out so bad from tripping all night.

btw, I'm new here :smile: and I think it's great to see so many people that understand where I'm coming from... because understanding is so hard of a thing to have from people when practically no one I know personally has had such a profound experience. :mushroom2:

Edited by lostintheaether (09/02/04 05:00 AM)

Invisibleboeha
explorer

#3081236 - 09/02/04 05:41 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I thought I died once on a high dose trip;

It was an intense feeling, but definately not negative!

I've always thought to myself that that time was the time I went to heaven, had a chat with God about my life and then came back to earth.

I don't know why people fear death. But I think it has something to do with a control-mechanism: so people who fear death don't do outrageous things (especially not with mind-altering substances ! ) so they won't have to worry.

O yeah,; don't know if this interests any of you; but at the time I was sure I was talkin' to God; my computer was playing some Gregorian chanting (from the movie Baraka)...
Trippy! :wink:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3081317 - 09/02/04 06:15 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Last time I tripped I thought about death. It was scary to think that maybe there is no afterlife. I don't want it to be the end when I die.

Offlinefatalerror
ass asscott
Female User Gallery

#3082643 - 09/02/04 02:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I said yes... I kenw I wasnt alive anymore, but I don't remember going from alive-dead, it was more alive-connected with everything. Yeah, hopefully that makes some sense.

Also, I have NEVER EVER worried about ODing on mushrooms, even in my harshest trips (6g, somewhat "bad", but more just intense) I kenw it would take a hell of a lot more that that to kill someone, and I think everyone needs that planted subconciously in their minds before they trip. Fucking anti-drug hysteria, I doubt there would even be a "bad trip" if it was legal, cause there is NOTHING to worry about, as long as you are educated.

--------------------
eat poop

Offlinevc77
grillmaster
 User Gallery

Loc: University Place, WA
    #3082770 - 09/02/04 02:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

About 5 grams of some really good cubensis, alot of pot, some kava tea, and a few hits of 10x salvia extract had me thinking I was dead.

The out of body experience was intense. The visuals were insane. I couldn't move a muscle in my body, and just as you describes, I felt as if I was 'melting'. After the trip mellowed out, I had an awesome time though, played some video games, trippin off my ass. :smile:

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3082788 - 09/02/04 03:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've experienced what I would call the feeling of death, where in one's being melds with the universe in a perfect spiral, creating a sense of perfect well-being, balance, and tranquility.

Of course, I knew it was all in my head, so I had to answer 'no' to the question as you stated it, because I did not actually beleive I was dead.

--------------------

Offlinethegnomeking
friendly stoner

Loc: New Jersey
    #3082959 - 09/02/04 03:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

never thought I was dead while trippin, but I've thought I was about to die before. It usually happens when I start to think about how fragile everyone and everything is and how any number of terrible things could happen to me or the people around me or how it could all end at any moment in the blink of an eye with no warning. but death isn't the scariest thing you can find on a trip, what scares me is the possibility that nothing is real, my whole life has been a lie or some kind of elaborate conspiracy against me, and I'm about to become trapped in my own private hell until the end of time if their even is an end of time, and the fact that their is no way to really prove that any of these beleifs are wrong. thats the kind of stuff that really bugs me out when I'm trippin and its also the reason I really don't like to smoke pot wile I'm trippin anymore, it makes me too paranoid.

--------------------
1.Thou shalt not alter the consciousness of thy fellow man.
2.Thou shalt not prevent thy fellow man from altering his own consciousness.
-Timothy Leary

Offlinethegnomeking
friendly stoner

Loc: New Jersey
Re: death trip [Re: thegnomeking]
    #3083022 - 09/02/04 03:45 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

but death doesn't seem so bad, either there's an afterlife(which might suck if their really is a hell), you get reincarnated (and you have to do it all over again), or your out like a light, which would actually be fine with me since I probably wouldn't care because I don't exist anymore.  :kodama:

--------------------
1.Thou shalt not alter the consciousness of thy fellow man.
2.Thou shalt not prevent thy fellow man from altering his own consciousness.
-Timothy Leary

OfflineYahoKa
Just a guy.

Loc: Canadian
    #3083543 - 09/02/04 05:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Haven't died, but understanding and peace with death comes while tripping.

--------------------
Hang on tightly ... and let go lightly.

Offlinekontron
captain planet
    #3084156 - 09/02/04 08:22 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

it was funny to think i was dead (looking back) cause i didnt know how i died (or thought i died). thats why i thought about looking for my body. in my head i kept asking myself "could i have actualy died from shrooms"? i didnt think it was the shrooms that killed me, but it was something else, and the shrooms kept me from seeing what it was. my head was filled with mass confusion, i think at a few points i got stuck in a loop. what made me think i was dead was talking to my girlfriend without my mouth. i would think something and she would respond. there were a few other trips where i would think something in my head, and my g/f would respond. sometimes i saw things that i know my g/f was making me see. shrooms are great. i wish acid was easy to get around here though cause shrooms always make me puke out of knowhere. i can be sitting on the floor feeling okay, then BAM! i am puking all over. at least the trip gets real intinse after that. the last time i thought i killed someone and stuffed their body into my duffle bag was great. i puked really hard, and got it all out, then i tripped real hard in 30 seconds i was taken from feeling a little sick and strange to feeling like i was floating over the universe, i looked down and saw i was floating above the universe, the blanket draped over me started moving and shancing colors to match my tatoos. at one point i layed down with my head in my g/f's lap, and she turned into the virgin mary, we sat under a giant mushroom like tree in eden. i just sat there in pitch black in mary's lap. it was great

OfflineHijinx_Spike
JourneyMan

#3084200 - 09/02/04 08:34 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Shit happens and there is usally nothing you can do. Probobly not get careless.

OfflineChiLong
More machine elfthan man...

Loc: Twisted, moved to E-Ville
    #3086308 - 09/03/04 08:01 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

kontron:  I've read similar experiences with vomiting while on psychedelic.  With the DMT brew, they call it "The Purge".  Supposedly leaves you feeling "cleaner" after you puke and shit your guts out.

I'll stick to smoking it, though :wink:

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Re: death trip [Re: ChiLong]
    #3086477 - 09/03/04 10:05 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yeah it always felt way cleaner after. very clear and nice.. luckily i have never had the squirts from shrooming.. just puking..

Offlinetomekk
<(O_o)>

Loc: On a road to nowhere
    #3087457 - 09/03/04 02:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yes, i have on shrooms and lsd. It was a very scary moment, and i actually thought about quitting drugs. I actually did for a few days then returned back to the wonderful world of drugs. Didn't really have a bad trip since.

Offlinevc77
grillmaster
 User Gallery

Loc: University Place, WA
Re: death trip [Re: tomekk]
    #3087505 - 09/03/04 02:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Puking on a hardcore trip: Living nightmare. It feels like your guts are gonna come out and shit, and then you think they're coming up, but you dont know if your trippin or not.

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Re: death trip [Re: vc77]
    #3088451 - 09/03/04 07:23 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i just start to worry about not being able to breath when i start puking.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Kava Kava, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience