Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not?
    #1189679 -

My wife wants to shroom with me but she takes a daily prescription (1mg) of Clonazepam (Klonopin). I am concerned about her having a hypertensive crisis as described at the Shroomeries site. Will she be ok? She would be looking for a level 2 maybe level 3 trip of of 2.8 dry grams.


--------------------


"I doubt, therefore I might be"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not? [Re: slack]
    #17571938 -

My ex used to have to take a lot of medication, depression being for one of them. She did shrooms once, and she kind of enjoyed it, but then again I think she stayed off the medication for about a week before doing so.

Honestly, I'd say you're okay just do so with severe caution. Just in case she has a mental break down. But I would definitely talk with someone who is a lot more knowledgeable on the subject.


--------------------
"To the illuminated mind, the whole world sparkles with light."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not? [Re: Dipropyltryptamine]
    #17572022 -

I didn't think klonapin(spelling?) was an anti depressant technically. It's a muscle relaxer isn't it? I could be wrong.

I think she'll be fine. If she starts to freak out take one of those pills that'll calm the trip down.


--------------------
I wish I was a headlight, on a northbound train:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not? [Re: 11nova]
    #17572114 -

11nova said:
I didn't think klonapin(spelling?) was an anti depressant technically. It's a muscle relaxer isn't it? I could be wrong.

I think she'll be fine. If she starts to freak out take one of those pills that'll calm the trip down.




Agreed with this. Even if she does start to have a bad trip, (not really recommended, but) I say just take a little xanax. It pretty much aborts any anxiety.


--------------------
"To the illuminated mind, the whole world sparkles with light."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not? [Re: 11nova]
    #17572143 -

Klonopin is used for a variety of ailments but not normally alone for depression. Often used with an SRRI for that, but doctors prescribe a lot of off label things these days... Used for epilepsy and panic attack disorders and yes, muscle relaxer... seems habit forming and has withdrawal issues... Would not take her off for even for a week without doctors permission.

It works on principles which probably will interfere with mushrooms, but not as bad as SRRI do.  I don't see it causing any hypersensitive issues, but I also would not recommend it. Basically, I would suggest getting the depression under control first, getting off the drug before using mushrooms. The actual depression or panic attack syndrome she suffers could become a real issue with the unknown interactions between the drug and the mushrooms.

Might be nothing, or might be hell for her...


--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not? [Re: slack]
    #17572445 -

People combine benzos with psychedelics to dull the trip. I find that they certainly reduce the negative potential of a trip but also significantly reduce the positive potential. No moments of supreme and utter joy on a benztrip.

Considering that she takes them everyday she might not notice a reduction in the positive effects of psychedelics BUT may very well need to take more to achieve the desired effect. Always work your way up.


--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not? [Re: Dawks]
    #17572472 -

Klonopin is a benzo, it will actual help make the trip more manageable and less likely to have anxiety. if she starts to have anxiety take another klonopin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not? [Re: Icepic]
    #17573049 -

Icepic said:
Klonopin is a benzo, it will actual help make the trip more manageable and less likely to have anxiety. if she starts to have anxiety take another klonopin.



:whathesaid:

Klonopin isn't an antidepressant.

Seriously, if you google "Klonopin and mushrooms" you'll probably find a good amount of information on this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not? [Re: Icepic]
    #17573102 -

Icepic said:
Klonopin is a benzo, it will actual help make the trip more manageable and less likely to have anxiety. if she starts to have anxiety take another klonopin.




:thumbup: Beat me to it.


--------------------
Signature this, ho

Edited by SleepAid (01/19/13 03:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Are Shrooms bad for you?
( 1 2 all )
Alone In The Fire 13,817 39 11/02/14 05:09 PM
by ak47myth
* smokin shrooms bad for the eyes?
( 1 2 all )
Shrooman_Tank 12,158 33 08/22/02 06:53 AM
by Synthincog_Nito
* Shrooms and Benzos macoda 11,722 1 12/03/01 08:14 PM
by Destroying Angel
* Re: Bad Trip...have a question, help me...pleeeease LillSkit 3,413 4 12/13/99 09:05 AM
by BBin
* Shroom Dosing and Misinformation
( 1 2 all )
Trip_Out_7 12,394 32 05/01/21 12:41 AM
by Sub-Easy
* Do you give home grown shrooms for free?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
shroom_assassin 28,818 70 12/17/21 12:20 AM
by Sub-Easy
* Stop a bad trip gazzifx 5,543 15 06/19/01 02:40 AM
by HB
* Re: Pot and shrooms? Swank 3,407 9 04/12/01 02:11 PM
by Scratcher

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
1,344 topic views. 2 members, 121 guests and 62 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.019 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.