Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineslack
Stranger

Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not?
    #1189679 - 01/04/03 07:39 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

My wife wants to shroom with me but she takes a daily prescription (1mg) of Clonazepam (Klonopin). I am concerned about her having a hypertensive crisis as described at the Shroomeries site. Will she be ok? She would be looking for a level 2 maybe level 3 trip of of 2.8 dry grams.

--------------------

"I doubt, therefore I might be"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDipropyltryptamine
Koala
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta
Re: Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not? [Re: slack]
    #17571938 - 01/19/13 08:02 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

My ex used to have to take a lot of medication, depression being for one of them. She did shrooms once, and she kind of enjoyed it, but then again I think she stayed off the medication for about a week before doing so.

Honestly, I'd say you're okay just do so with severe caution. Just in case she has a mental break down. But I would definitely talk with someone who is a lot more knowledgeable on the subject.

--------------------
"To the illuminated mind, the whole world sparkles with light."

Offline11nova
Bipolar Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginha
Re: Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not? [Re: Dipropyltryptamine]
    #17572022 - 01/19/13 08:35 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't think klonapin(spelling?) was an anti depressant technically. It's a muscle relaxer isn't it? I could be wrong.

I think she'll be fine. If she starts to freak out take one of those pills that'll calm the trip down.

--------------------
I wish I was a headlight, on a northbound train:mushroom2:

OfflineDipropyltryptamine
Koala
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta
Re: Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not? [Re: 11nova]
    #17572114 - 01/19/13 09:03 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

11nova said:
I didn't think klonapin(spelling?) was an anti depressant technically. It's a muscle relaxer isn't it? I could be wrong.

I think she'll be fine. If she starts to freak out take one of those pills that'll calm the trip down.

Agreed with this. Even if she does start to have a bad trip, (not really recommended, but) I say just take a little xanax. It pretty much aborts any anxiety.

--------------------
"To the illuminated mind, the whole world sparkles with light."

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not? [Re: 11nova]
    #17572143 - 01/19/13 09:14 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Klonopin is used for a variety of ailments but not normally alone for depression. Often used with an SRRI for that, but doctors prescribe a lot of off label things these days... Used for epilepsy and panic attack disorders and yes, muscle relaxer... seems habit forming and has withdrawal issues... Would not take her off for even for a week without doctors permission.

It works on principles which probably will interfere with mushrooms, but not as bad as SRRI do.  I don't see it causing any hypersensitive issues, but I also would not recommend it. Basically, I would suggest getting the depression under control first, getting off the drug before using mushrooms. The actual depression or panic attack syndrome she suffers could become a real issue with the unknown interactions between the drug and the mushrooms.

Might be nothing, or might be hell for her...

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

InvisibleDawks
Jolly African Potato

Re: Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not? [Re: slack]
    #17572445 - 01/19/13 10:36 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

People combine benzos with psychedelics to dull the trip. I find that they certainly reduce the negative potential of a trip but also significantly reduce the positive potential. No moments of supreme and utter joy on a benztrip.

Considering that she takes them everyday she might not notice a reduction in the positive effects of psychedelics BUT may very well need to take more to achieve the desired effect. Always work your way up.

--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

OfflineIcepic
Enlightenment seeking

Loc: Wild west
Re: Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not? [Re: Dawks]
    #17572472 - 01/19/13 10:44 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Klonopin is a benzo, it will actual help make the trip more manageable and less likely to have anxiety. if she starts to have anxiety take another klonopin.

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not? [Re: Icepic]
    #17573049 - 01/19/13 12:49 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Icepic said:
Klonopin is a benzo, it will actual help make the trip more manageable and less likely to have anxiety. if she starts to have anxiety take another klonopin.

:whathesaid:

Klonopin isn't an antidepressant.

Seriously, if you google "Klonopin and mushrooms" you'll probably find a good amount of information on this.

OfflineSleepAid
me gusta
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Antidepressant with shrooms. Bad or not? [Re: Icepic]
    #17573102 - 01/19/13 01:01 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Icepic said:

:thumbup: Beat me to it.

--------------------
Signature this, ho

Edited by SleepAid (01/19/13 01:02 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies