Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Christmas
    #11715064 -

A time when people feel obligated to act the way they should act all the time?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas [Re: Noteworthy]
    #11715069 -

Loving, caring and sharing.


--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas *DELETED* [Re: Droz]
    #11715582 -

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas *DELETED* [Re: Lakefingers]
    #11715589 -

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: No reason.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas [Re: Noteworthy]
    #11715635 -

Noteworthy said:
A time when people feel obligated to act the way they should act all the time?



We're just fine with loving our little critters and each other, it must suck for those who you mention. :shrug:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas [Re: Noteworthy]
    #11715884 -

Noteworthy said:
A time when people feel obligated to act the way they should act all the time?




Not me. I don't care what day this is. I'm going to act the same. I don't talk to my relatives I avoid anyone I don't like and my gf and I completely ignore all the trappings of xmas.  We did have have an awesome Solstice breakfast which was much more fun to me. Xmas is a bad joke imo.

And as for you. QUIT SHOULDING ON EVERYONE!


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas [Re: Icelander]
    #11717029 -

there is no should.


--------------------
[quote]Oweyervishice said:
[quote]Icelander said:
What is at the bottom of it?[/quote]

Death anxiety? :flirt:[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas [Re: Noteworthy]
    #11717139 -

Christmas, a reminder and Also an easy way to instill virtues into children.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas [Re: Icelander]
    #11717155 -

Icelander said:
Noteworthy said:
A time when people feel obligated to act the way they should act all the time?




Not me. I don't care what day this is. I'm going to act the same. I don't talk to my relatives I avoid anyone I don't like and my gf and I completely ignore all the trappings of xmas.  We did have have an awesome Solstice breakfast which was much more fun to me. Xmas is a bad joke imo.

And as for you. QUIT SHOULDING ON EVERYONE!



Such an old crankey man you are


--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas [Re: andrewss]
    #11717338 -

:lol::thumbup: It's this damn rheumatism.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas [Re: Icelander]
    #11717888 -

Icelander said:
Noteworthy said:
A time when people feel obligated to act the way they should act all the time?




Not me. I don't care what day this is. I'm going to act the same. I don't talk to my relatives I avoid anyone I don't like and my gf and I completely ignore all the trappings of xmas.  We did have have an awesome Solstice breakfast which was much more fun to me. Xmas is a bad joke imo.

And as for you. QUIT SHOULDING ON EVERYONE!



Well actually the idea is more about society rather than any individuals on this forum. You know, when people get horrified if someone is not overly social on christmas or if someone isnt honest or sharing on christmas. Maybe you havnt whitnessed this but I have noticed it all my life.
'But its CHRISTMAS' they will say

the 'should' comes from them. It is like the rules of being a good citizen become more imperative during christmas period and thus this means they become less imperative throughout the rest of the year.

Whereas I think, if you value the social qualities of christmas, why allocate it to one day?

I can only think it is because people dont have the energy to keep something up all year. They need to be excited by the idea of scarcity - that christmas only happens once a year


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Christmas [Re: Noteworthy]
    #11717963 -

Yeah , well I was kidding you a little. Any way "fuck em if they can't take a joke".


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* the secret of Christmas spud 1,261 5 12/24/02 02:18 PM
by spud
* The Truth About Christmas
( 1 2 all )
chodamunky 5,810 24 12/26/19 07:19 AM
by Metaphysician
* CHRISTMAS IS A LIE!!
( 1 2 all )
blah 2,051 38 11/24/09 01:30 PM
by Icelander
* Upcoming solstice.... upupup 845 6 12/19/02 03:43 AM
by upupup
* Love and Christmas Bard 498 11 09/30/09 11:42 AM
by Icelander
* Christmas Hypocrites *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
LunarEclipse 5,071 41 12/28/07 11:13 AM
by Icelander
* True meaning of christmas. 1stimer 795 10 12/24/02 04:19 AM
by highwayman
* Is Christmas spiritual and do you believe in Santa?
( 1 2 all )
Icelander 4,490 20 12/09/07 05:55 PM
by JonnyDeformed

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
711 topic views. 2 members, 10 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.