Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Neuron]
    #11455381 -

Neuron said:
Wow guys, and I thought I was an enthusiast. I'm lightweight compared to you guys.

Gumby and Maverick- beautiful systems. So clean and well-kept. I see that power supplies are much thinner than back in 2006 when I was custom-building.

I wish I could find out what kind of motherboard I had. HP says its got an intel p55 chipset- but I don't know who the motherboard manufacturer is. When 4GB DDR3 modules come out and drop down in price- I'd like to eventually upgrade to 16GB of memory.

All this really is overkill though; but computers are my thing. I don't spend thousands of dollars installing new rims on my car, or smoked taillights, or a pricey paint job- I just upgrade my system(maybe a little too often). In other words, I guess we all have our own "obsessions".

I'd like to hear what games you play, Gumby and Maverick.



Dead Space FTMFWIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNN!

probably my absolute #1 favorite game of ALL time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: dkamp18]
    #11455460 -

My baby:






very good price for a refurbished one and it runs like new.

List Price: $1,679.99
Instant Savings: -  $880.02
Price:   $799.97


http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4786505&CatId=4948

Specs:
15.6" screen
4 Gigs RAM
2.13 GHz core 2 duo precessor
NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS
290 GB Hard drive with space to put in another hard drive.

Thats about all i have to say about that.


--------------------

Song of the week, click Huey:



Song of the week list in journal.


Edited by Tedwilto (11/14/09 06:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Tedwilto]
    #11455494 -

Gigabyte Aurora Aluminum case
Asus Crosshair Mobo
Thermaltake Toughpower 700Watt PS
AMD Athlon X2 6000  Dual Core @ 3Ghz
Zalman 9700 HS-Cooler
4GB OCZ Performance 800Mhz RAM
Nvidia 260GTX 898Mb RAM
2X 150GB Raptor 10k HD's
Sony Multi-Recorder CD-DVD Burner
Liteon Multi-Card reader (Micro SD, CF/Microdrives, SmartMedia, etc..)
ViewSonic 22" Widescreen
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Razor Copperhead Optical Gaming Mouse
Klipsch 5.1 surround satellite w/ 10" subwoofer



Edited by cerebral gortex (11/14/09 06:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Asante]
    #11455548 -

TOSHIBA Satellite U405D
AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72  2.10 GHz
2.00 GB
32-bit Operating System


--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: cerebral gortex]
    #11456198 -

cerebral gortex said:
Gigabyte Aurora Aluminum case
Asus Crosshair Mobo
Thermaltake Toughpower 700Watt PS
AMD Athlon X2 6000  Dual Core @ 3Ghz
Zalman 9700 HS-Cooler
4GB OCZ Performance 800Mhz RAM
Nvidia 260GTX 898Mb RAM
2X 150GB Raptor 10k HD's
Sony Multi-Recorder CD-DVD Burner
Liteon Multi-Card reader (Micro SD, CF/Microdrives, SmartMedia, etc..)
ViewSonic 22" Widescreen
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Razor Copperhead Optical Gaming Mouse
Klipsch 5.1 surround satellite w/ 10" subwoofer






its cool to see those Zalman 9700 cpu coolers still being used. for the price and it's low profile, other than the TRUE coolers(which are far more expensive) the 9700's are, ounce for ounce, probably one of the best air coolers that has ever come out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: dkamp18]
    #11456249 -

CM690 case
DFI LanParty P35 DK Mobo
Intel Xeon x3350 quad core 45nm
Thermalright Extreme Ultra w/ 120mm Silverstone adjustable speed fan
4gb Mushkin Proline 5-5-5-15 (mushkin is best ram ever IMO)
EVGA 8800gts 512mb (g92 core) graphics card
1x 160gb SATA for OS(s)/applications
1x 500gb SATA for storage
750w PCPower and Cooling PSU
16x dvd/52x cd burner made by samsung
Multi-card reader
Samsung SyncMaster 205bw monitor (reused from last computer)
ArchLinux x86_64 operating system

I built this about a year ago now for right at 1k, should last me for at least the next 5, unless some crazy paradigm shift happens

EDIT: overclocked to 3.6ghz (2.66ghz stock) with air and only one bump up in volts right when i got it just to know i could, and it was easy as pie, and temps stay perfectly fine, but absolutely no need for it yet, so took it back to stock until i feel i need it...lol

peace

Edited by supra (11/14/09 08:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: supra]
    #11456368 -

"lanparty mobo" haha

I'd like to host a LAN next summer.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Neuron]
    #11456377 -

4 gig DDR2 Geil Ram
Raptor 10,000 RPM 150 gig HD
nVidia Geforce 8800Gt 512 MB Graphics Card
Intel Quad Core CPU Q6600 @2.4 Ghz

Edit: Also have a pretty nice laptop, I'll give specs later.


--------------------

Edited by Jair (11/14/09 08:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Asante]
    #11456393 -

Im surprised how small all your hard disks are.  I guess Im a media hoarder, Ive got about 3TBs and only a few hundred gigs to spare.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Jair]
    #11456421 -

the desktop:
pentium d 820
2gb ram
2 hard drives
  1 750gb
  1 1.5tb
ati x300se (worst card ever)
20" apple cinema display at 1680x1050

thinkpad:
intel core2duo 2.4ghz
2gb ram
1 hard drive
  250gb
intel x3000 video
15" display at 1680x1050

home theater pc:
pentium 4ht
2gb ram
1 hard drive
  500gb
nvidia 7900gtoc
svideo into a crappy 32" crt tv
software:
  xbmc - frontend
  liferea - subscribing to tv shows
  rtorrent - downloading episodes/movies/etc

ive also got a PopcornHour A-100 with a 160gb drive. i dont really use it that much anymore since ive got the home theater pc hooked up.


--------------------

Edited by frith (11/14/09 09:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: DieCommie]
    #11456457 -

DieCommie said:
Im surprised how small all your hard disks are.  I guess Im a media hoarder, Ive got about 3TBs and only a few hundred gigs to spare.



I have a pretty large HD on my laptop and keep most of
my media on there.  My laptop is hooked up to my sound
system as well.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: meatcakeman]
    #11456629 -

HP dv7t pavillion entertainment notebook pc

1.6 ghz intel core i7 processor, (quad core) 6MB L3 cache, 1333 mhz fsb
6 GB DDR3 ram
17.3" infiniti brightview lcd w/led backlighting
Nvidia GT320 graphics card w/ 1GB dedicated graphics memory
HDTV tuner built in
blu-ray drive (read-only)

^^I'll be getting this baby in the mail in the next couple of days :awebig:


--------------------

I want to show you life for what it's worth, from beginning to end from when your life was first launched 'till when it descends back to earth. From pyramiding at it's peak 'till when it turns back into dirt..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Asante]
    #11456718 -

My computer is nice and old:

3 ghz celeron.
1GB ram
256 meg  graphics card.

I don't play games anymore so i see no reason to upgrade it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: DimensionX]
    #11456813 -

I want to build another PC, but the problem is I'm broke, and I need to wait for 8core processors first.  :3

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: upinthetrees]
    #11456840 -

upinthetrees said:
HP dv7t pavillion entertainment notebook pc

1.6 ghz intel core i7 processor, (quad core) 6MB L3 cache, 1333 mhz fsb
6 GB DDR3 ram
17.3" infiniti brightview lcd w/led backlighting
Nvidia GT320 graphics card w/ 1GB dedicated graphics memory
HDTV tuner built in
blu-ray drive (read-only)

^^I'll be getting this baby in the mail in the next couple of days :awebig:



Congrats, I bought a new desktop for me and a netbook for my girl just last week. Glad to hear I'm not the only one fueling the economy :laugh:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: DieCommie]
    #11456852 -

DieCommie said:
Im surprised how small all your hard disks are.  I guess Im a media hoarder, Ive got about 3TBs and only a few hundred gigs to spare.



Ew, 3TB- I would hate having to sift through all that data to remember what I have. Unless you're crazy OCD, there's no way you can remember all the songs/videos you have on there without opening up folders and scrolling through the entire list.

I have a 1TB hard drive, but will prob only use 200gigs total if that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Maverick]
    #11456855 -

DRTMaverick said:
I want to build another PC, but the problem is I'm broke, and I need to wait for 8core processors first.  :3



i7= 4 cores, hyperthreaded... 8 processes~8cores

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: DieCommie]
    #11456879 -

DieCommie said:
Im surprised how small all your hard disks are.  I guess Im a media hoarder, Ive got about 3TBs and only a few hundred gigs to spare.



I more prefer a fast moving hard drive that will pull the data quickly rather than holding 10 years worth of data lol.

I still prefer the Western Digital Velociraptor 10,000 rpm
for more space (which i really would never use) I would just add a second velociraptor, lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: dkamp18]
    #11457109 -

Here's my baby... trying my hardest to not break it.  :strokebeard:

Model
Brand TOSHIBA
Series Satellite
Model A505-S6985

General
Operating System Vista, with free windows 7 upgrade
CPU Type Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2G
Screen 16"
Memory Size 4GB DDR3
Hard Disk 250GB
Optical Drive DVD Super Multi
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M
Video Memory 1GB GDDR3


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: dkamp18]
    #11457142 -

dkamp18 said:
DRTMaverick said:
I want to build another PC, but the problem is I'm broke, and I need to wait for 8core processors first.  :3



i7= 4 cores, hyperthreaded... 8 processes~8cores



Pseudo-8 core.  However it's been proven numerous times 8 physical units is better than 4 with hyperthreading.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My new computer d33p 1,010 10 04/05/05 02:40 PM
by d33p
* My new computer is so cool Edit (help im a computer illiterate)
( 1 2 3 all )
Ripple 3,120 50 07/15/05 02:39 AM
by Phychotron
* New computer is very loud - Pillows to silence it - Fire hazard? UncleLuke 1,123 16 02/18/06 09:09 AM
by Silverwolf
* How to speed up my computer?? Toddo 1,699 17 05/12/05 04:49 AM
by ummikko
* Computer Question: Do I Meet The Minimum Requirments
( 1 2 all )
LayYouIn 3,641 23 10/22/06 09:57 AM
by POTtismGOD
* Cheap lightscribe cd and dvd-rs? wiggles 490 4 03/31/07 06:54 PM
by mndfreeze
* Question for All Computer People......Is this a Decent Computer to buy? SouthPArk 1,787 14 02/11/06 03:05 PM
by DoctorJ
* How do computers work? Limelight 1,167 15 09/12/05 08:14 AM
by trendal

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,818 topic views. 1 members, 44 guests and 94 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.