Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Asante]
    #11454182 -

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Your computer, what does it do?



3 GHz Pentium 4 CPU
1 GB memory
2 x 160 GB drives (10400rpm) in a RAID I array (realtime backup of all data)
16x DVD writer
52x CD writer

bought it in 2005, next box due 2010

What have you got?



A year 1/2 old thread, but it's relevant.

Computer specs:
Intel i7 Quad core(4 cores, 8 threads) @ 2.8ghz
8GB of DDR3 RAM clocked at 1066mhz
1TB of HDD space
1GB of VRAM on an ATI Radeon 4650 HD
OS = Windows 7 Premium(64-bit)

Monitor:
Acer 21.5" Widescreen(full definition resolution at 1920 x 1080)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Neuron]
    #11454338 -

AMD Phenom 9850BE Quadcore 2.5GHz @ 3.0GHz per core
4gb DDR2 OCZ 1066MHz RAM (in Dual Channel mode)
Two (2) Asus 3870 ATI graphics cards, 512mb each, clocked at 925MHz. (Up from stock 850MHz)
over 1.5TB Hard drive space, (Seagate and one WD), two 750GB drives, and 1 320gb drive (for the OS).
Creative X-Fi Audio Card.

Completely watercooled.




Keeps it nice and cool.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Maverick]
    #11454415 -

My sig

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: dkamp18]
    #11454424 -

How Loud is that thing?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Maverick]
    #11454449 -

mine?

not too bad actually, the cosmos (s) case is actually designed for full aircooled systems like this so it does a good job at reducing the noise. (though it actually does a good job of incorporating areas for water cooling too)

when i play games at full resolution and max settings, when all the fans in the system turn to full blast it warms my whole room by about 5-7 degrees. lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Maverick]
    #11454454 -

DRT, nice comp- why does that print screen show a CPU fan RPM, i don't see any fan on your chip.

dKamp, didn't realize you had a rifle v8- that thing is ENORMOUS. I bought one without realizing it was almost 2 pounds....Getting it shipped back.

My specs are from an HP build; didn't feel like going through the hassle of building my own computer and researching motherboard jumper settings/getting DOA cards, etc.

Surprisingly, the only fan in my case is a rear fan and a cpu fan(obviously). My desktop is completely silent(at least I am unable to hear it with my human ear, sitting 3 inches away from it :P).

I plan on upgrading this HP in a year or two. I'm really happy that it only runs on 350watts of power.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Neuron]
    #11454469 -

Neuron said:
DRT, nice comp- why does that print screen show a CPU fan RPM, i don't see any fan on your chip.



The pump uses centrifugal force to pump.  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Maverick]
    #11454494 -

DRTMaverick said:
Neuron said:
DRT, nice comp- why does that print screen show a CPU fan RPM, i don't see any fan on your chip.



The pump uses centrifugal force to pump.  :smile:



I got a D in high school physics, so that sentence does not help my understanding.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Neuron]
    #11454509 -

Neuron said:
dKamp, didn't realize you had a rifle v8- that thing is ENORMOUS. I bought one without realizing it was almost 2 pounds....Getting it shipped back.




You think that thing is big you should check out the heatsink I'm getting for my new system.. thing is a beast.

Thermalright True 120




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Neuron]
    #11454524 -

Neuron said:
dKamp, didn't realize you had a rifle v8- that thing is ENORMOUS. I bought one without realizing it was almost 2 pounds....Getting it shipped back.




yah, i almost second guessed using it once I actually got it out of the package and got a feel for it's actual weight.

however, once i lapped it, and lapped my processor it actually cooled the processor just as good as (if not better than) the thermal right ultra extreme black edition, but it was a few dollars cheaper.

and it came with it's own back plate so the weight doesn't pull too bad on the board.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Neuron]
    #11454527 -

It uses spinning to force water from the top through a chamber out the side tube.  It has a giant propeller like device inside the pump that has a magnet that's electrically/magnetically spun.  Hard to explain, you'd understand it if you looked inside the pump, next time I dismantle it I'll take a photo.

My case is also a Lian Li V2000B.  It's a monster. 


It can hold 12 hard drives, with space between for airflow.  The case is for Full ATX too.

Here's my system before watercooling:



Freakin' Zalmans... monsterous heatsinks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Maverick]
    #11454640 -

posting from my desktop...

Intel 3.6 Ghz Duo Core
2 g ram
2x 1950x Radeon Crossfire Cards

Bought back in like 2005/2006. It was able run Crysis alright, but my drivers are beyond fucked right now. I need to figure out how to literally reset my computer to the day i received it, PLEASE :pm: me if you know how to go about doing this!


--------------------
Check out my gallery :sun:

Do YOU have The Band's sheet music books? I am paying cash!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Deekay]
    #11454652 -

Deekey, unless you made a recovery point the day you installed and saved it, the only way is a fresh format.  It's not so bad, it'll defragment your HDD better than anything else would.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Deekay]
    #11454707 -

Wow guys, and I thought I was an enthusiast. I'm lightweight compared to you guys.

Gumby and Maverick- beautiful systems. So clean and well-kept. I see that power supplies are much thinner than back in 2006 when I was custom-building.

I wish I could find out what kind of motherboard I had. HP says its got an intel p55 chipset- but I don't know who the motherboard manufacturer is. When 4GB DDR3 modules come out and drop down in price- I'd like to eventually upgrade to 16GB of memory.

All this really is overkill though; but computers are my thing. I don't spend thousands of dollars installing new rims on my car, or smoked taillights, or a pricey paint job- I just upgrade my system(maybe a little too often). In other words, I guess we all have our own "obsessions".

I'd like to hear what games you play, Gumby and Maverick.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Neuron]
    #11454747 -

Mostly graphic intensive FPS's, Crysis, BioShock Unreal Tournament 3, Dead Space, Doom3, Prey, Left 4 Dead, Gears of War.  All at the highest graphic levels.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Maverick]
    #11454758 -

DRTMaverick said:
Mostly graphic intensive FPS's, Crysis, BioShock Unreal Tournament 3, Dead Space, Doom3, Prey, Left 4 Dead, Gears of War.  All at the highest graphic levels.



Doom3, L4D, and UT3 don't sound hardcore- but Crysis, nice.

I guess you don't play any TF2 then?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Neuron]
    #11454768 -

UT3 is pretty graphics intensive.  I like the graphics better than crysis (I think crysis's trees are too 2d).  :3  I play CoD4 too.  Not much TF2.  I play an online MMORPG called Perfect World.  :p  Oh and I watch ungodly amounts of anime (Hence the 1.5TB storage space).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Maverick]
    #11454773 -

DRTMaverick said:
Deekey, unless you made a recovery point the day you installed and saved it, the only way is a fresh format.  It's not so bad, it'll defragment your HDD better than anything else would.



that's not that i wanted to hear :sad:


--------------------
Check out my gallery :sun:

Do YOU have The Band's sheet music books? I am paying cash!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Deekay]
    #11454793 -

if you know what the compponents of you system are, DL and reinstall the drivers for it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets have some sizzlin' hot computer specs! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11454799 -

Prisoner#1 said:
if you know what the compponents of you system are, DL and reinstall the drivers for it




Yeah, if your drivers are the only problem, just download the newer driver set, and install them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My new computer d33p 1,010 10 04/05/05 02:40 PM
by d33p
* My new computer is so cool Edit (help im a computer illiterate)
( 1 2 3 all )
Ripple 3,120 50 07/15/05 02:39 AM
by Phychotron
* New computer is very loud - Pillows to silence it - Fire hazard? UncleLuke 1,123 16 02/18/06 09:09 AM
by Silverwolf
* How to speed up my computer?? Toddo 1,699 17 05/12/05 04:49 AM
by ummikko
* Computer Question: Do I Meet The Minimum Requirments
( 1 2 all )
LayYouIn 3,641 23 10/22/06 09:57 AM
by POTtismGOD
* Cheap lightscribe cd and dvd-rs? wiggles 490 4 03/31/07 06:54 PM
by mndfreeze
* Question for All Computer People......Is this a Decent Computer to buy? SouthPArk 1,787 14 02/11/06 03:05 PM
by DoctorJ
* How do computers work? Limelight 1,167 15 09/12/05 08:14 AM
by trendal

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,818 topic views. 1 members, 15 guests and 151 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.042 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.