Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Matsutake noodle soup
    #11138982 -

Just thought I'd post this up here, dunno how authentic it is or anything, but I came up with it on the fly the other day after picking some matsis and it is excellent.  I've been having it every day since :smile:...  Didn't bother actually measuring anything, but here's the basic idea::

Ingredients:

matsutakes

chicken broth

udon noodles

soy sauce

memmi noodle soup base

mirin

ginger

cilantro

green onions


(Everything but the broth and water)

1.  Start boiling water for the noodles, slice up the matsutake and set broth to boil



2. Add matsutake to the broth and lower heat.  Let them simmer covered, while the noodles are cooking.  Add to the broth soy sauce, memmi noodle soup base, mirin and ginger to taste as the matsis cook.  Not too heavy, you want the matsutake flavor strongest.  Cut up some cilantro and green onions.



3.  When the noodles are done cooking and mushroom bits are soft (~15 min.), drain the noodles and add them to your broth/seasoning mix.  Add more water if necessary. 



4.  Heat to boiling and throw in the cilantro and green onions.  It's ready to serve when they're wilted.



That's it, takes maybe a half hour total.  As a bonus, your kitchen will smell like a giant matsutake :wink:.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Matsutake noodle soup [Re: spores]
    #11141968 -

Looks fresh and tasty for sure. :drooling:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Matsutake noodle soup [Re: karode13]
    #11161310 -

That looks good, I'm going to try it with veggie broth


--------------------
Time flies when you're growing fung.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Matsutake noodle soup [Re: spores]
    #11161819 -

Looks awesome.. looks to me like it's lacking some ingredients though... I'd probably add more veggies


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Matsutake noodle soup [Re: Shroomism]
    #11166661 -

I think it's best to keep it very simple, so you don't cover up the matsutake flavor.  Can always have other stuff on the side...

this recipe calls for just water, salt, matsis and cilantro.  I've tried it but I like mine above better.

haven't had a chance to make it with veggie broth yet, but I'm going hunting again this weekend, if I get any more I'll give it a try too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Matsutake noodle soup [Re: spores]
    #11167487 -

Yummy! i like noodles :laugh: Thanks for sharing.


--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Matsutake noodle soup [Re: dstark]
    #11185246 -

I made this for dinner tonight although i used some shiitake in place of Matsutake.



Was:awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Matsutake noodle soup [Re: illume]
    #11185319 -

Using shiitakes make the meal :awesome:


--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Matsutake noodle soup [Re: illume]
    #11189562 -

nice!  I'll have to give that a shot too...

:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Matsutake noodle soup [Re: dstark]
    #11191127 -

dstark said:
Using shiitakes make the meal :awesome:



you've never eaten a matsutake

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Matsutake noodle soup [Re: cyanophilus]
    #11191886 -

But i have eaten shiitakes :wink:


--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* spiffing out your chicken noodle soup CptnGarden 1,706 14 08/26/05 12:17 PM
by A3eyedfish
* Pulled Pork Udon & Catfish Noodle Soup (+What to Do with Quail?)
( 1 2 3 all )
Crystal G 4,754 40 09/28/11 10:31 AM
by geokills
* Chicken noodle soup: how much noodles to add per quart of stock? Liverwort 2,660 4 09/14/15 11:17 AM
by geokills
* Chicken Noodle Soup RoseM 498 3 08/21/13 01:39 AM
by Rose
* pheasant noodle soup sucklesworth 1,811 6 10/16/06 10:34 AM
by TrancedShroom
* Chicken noodle soup. newshroomer123 302 2 01/02/16 05:24 PM
by newshroomer123
* Coconut Rice Noodle Soup Drink_Punk_Soda 850 0 03/21/05 12:56 PM
by Drink_Punk_Soda
* mushroom noodle soup snoot 2,067 10 02/19/08 12:42 PM
by snoot

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, geokills, feevers
1,212 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.