Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
anyone here a statistic wiz?
    #10918253 -

I need someone to help me understand Tukey and how the calculation helps to calculate confidence interval for all paired differences and gives increased simultaneous confidence degree.


--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here a statistic wiz? *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: Nalim]
    #10918278 -

Post deleted by Ahimsa

Reason for deletion: ...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here a statistic wiz? [Re: Ahimsa]
    #10918304 -

I'm supposed to do an ANOVA using Tukey's method. n=4 N=20
I could post the actual set of data if that'd help you get the question.

the task is:
Find out how you, with Tukey's method, can calculate confidence interval for all paired differences between treatment-effects so that you get a desired simultaneous confidence grade.


--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here a statistic wiz? (edited) [Re: Nalim]
    #10918392 -


Edited by Ahimsa (08/23/09 08:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here a statistic wiz? (edited) [Re: Ahimsa]
    #10918456 -

Thanks but those handle mainly matched sets while my problem is not matched.
Also they do not discuss the difference between standard ANOVA and applying Tukey's method.

I'm digging through old course material, maybe I'll be able to figure this out..


--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here a statistic wiz? (edited) [Re: Nalim]
    #10918464 -

I'm fairly certain the Tukey is a post-hoc test, done after the initial ANOVA to determine where significant differences lie.

I assume you found the wiki already, but if not:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tukey%27s_test


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone here a statistic wiz? (edited) [Re: badchad]
    #10918562 -

Yeah.
What I need is to figure out how to decide the simultaneous confidence grade.
I think I need to look over the data from my minitab project, I think it should be there.
I'm more than a bit rusty, havent done anything like this for one and a half year.


--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I need your help (Statistics Project), please tell me your height!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
djchemist 2,991 72 12/02/10 09:54 AM
by Perun
* World's Biggest Cheeze-wiz eater - Asante, or Pris?
( 1 2 all )
Azure Essence 1,506 25 08/21/14 06:05 PM
by 1234go
* Wiz Khalifa fans out there?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
realfuzzhead 5,534 91 01/27/11 11:05 AM
by Robo
* I roll joints like wiz khalifa.
( 1 2 3 all )
Legend 3,968 57 05/02/11 04:24 AM
by Legend
* Snoop Dogg feat. Wiz Khalifa "that good" GEncore 1,577 18 06/18/11 03:31 PM
by Kanos
* Jack-off Device: Simultaneously Futuristic and Retro The Whale 2,676 16 07/20/11 04:43 PM
by Sophistic Radiance
* Statistics stedenko 466 7 09/10/09 06:52 PM
by DieCommie
* Has anyone taken Statistics?
( 1 2 all )
VoidOfsPg 2,384 31 04/06/07 05:15 AM
by gregorio

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
345 topic views. 3 members, 4 guests and 167 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.