Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Help me cheat the timeclock. *DELETED*
    #10737773 -

Post deleted by Wasteland

Reason for deletion: Nevermind. "Administrator has deactivated command prompt, press any key to continue"...



--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me cheat the timeclock. [Re: Wasteland]
    #10737782 -

format c:/s

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me cheat the timeclock. [Re: Entropymancer]
    #10737792 -

I might be noobish when it comes to commands, but not enough not to recognize format and the c: destination. :smirk:


--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me cheat the timeclock. [Re: Wasteland]
    #10737835 -

Formatting the drive would definitely end the program though :imslow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me cheat the timeclock. [Re: Entropymancer]
    #10737837 -

What's the issue? I'm somewhat talented at this kind of thing.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me cheat the timeclock. [Re: LSDreamer]
    #10737847 -

Well, I've been contemplating how to over-use the public computers I have access to.

The library has most of the system locked down pretty well beyond my skill.

No control or viewing processes, can't run and non-approved programs, javascript is tunred off in the browser, and now I know I cant use command prompt.

It's been a learning experience screwing with the systems, and the hospital network got locked impossibly tight after my excursions.

The library is basically trusted to the program they installed (still havent locked on to it's name).


--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me cheat the timeclock. [Re: Wasteland]
    #10737869 -

Well, idk how much you can do with nobody noticing. You could try downloading a live CD version of Knoppix, booting the computer to it (if you can, idk if they'd have a password on the BIOS), copying the System and SAM files to a thumb drive, and taking that to another, non-locked down computer (home, friend's etc.) and cracking it with Jack the Ripper or somesuch. Doing this will reveal the usernames and passwords on the computer, including the administrator account.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me cheat the timeclock. [Re: LSDreamer]
    #10737873 -

Oh, also, even if the commmand prompt is disabled, often BAT files will still run. Running a program with a BAT file often gets past restrictions on running programs.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me cheat the timeclock. [Re: LSDreamer]
    #10737887 -

The only non-locked down pc I have regular access to is my own offline clone machine.

192 megs of ram
1.90 gig processor

So, alternative operating systems often demand more ram than the machine I would be testing it on.

I was thinking of running a small-linux os from a psp.

Problem is, I only have one card for it, and wouldn't be willing to dedicate all 4 gigs to running such a OS.


--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me cheat the timeclock. [Re: Wasteland]
    #10737899 -

Try LOAF (linux on a floppy) or other boot disk (UBCD 4 Win is nice). Also, some flash drives come with utilities that can bypass some system security.


--------------------
Wanna hear something depressing? One out of four Shroomerites wants to lock me in a government cage for using a substance they don't like.

Hard to believe, right? Read it for yourself:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7874721#Post7874721

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me cheat the timeclock. [Re: Wasteland]
    #10737902 -

Wasteland said:
The only non-locked down pc I have regular access to is my own offline clone machine.

192 megs of ram
1.90 gig processor

So, alternative operating systems often demand more ram than the machine I would be testing it on.

I was thinking of running a small-linux os from a psp.

Problem is, I only have one card for it, and wouldn't be willing to dedicate all 4 gigs to running such a OS.



The Linux is just to get at the System and SAM files, which you can't access from inside Windows. You don't need it for anything else.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me cheat the timeclock. [Re: LSDreamer]
    #10737926 -

Well, one simple thing I noticed that someone may have the intel on how to make success with,

When I connect my psp by usb to the machines at the library that are equipped for usb use, it actually bypasses the login as it recognizes and installs my psp as hardware.

If I could quickly delay the process I wouldn't even need to login.


--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me cheat the timeclock. [Re: Wasteland]
    #10737938 -

Well, not defeating the clock on this day. One minute left..

See ya on monday folks!


--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* installing programs on linux?(ubuntustudio) DistortedEyes 1,174 10 09/10/07 01:21 AM
by Cepheus
* Freeware Word Processor? kosmic_charlie 694 15 12/01/06 10:39 AM
by Liz
* the Phychotrons Officaly Gonna start using Linux Thread
( 1 2 all )
Phychotron 3,740 31 06/06/05 05:47 AM
by MAIA
* This whole linux thing djfrog 786 4 03/12/04 05:21 AM
by Krishna
* Postng out of linux
( 1 2 all )
RoKiSdEaD 3,578 21 09/09/04 11:34 PM
by Vvellum
* anyone know linux. dressel11 767 5 06/08/06 04:10 PM
by drbob
* What version of Linux do you use and why?
( 1 2 3 all )
K1wI 3,976 48 11/15/06 07:38 PM
by wilshire
* linux and windows Cracka_X 1,460 17 04/20/07 08:41 AM
by AlCapwn

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
517 topic views. 4 members, 10 guests and 233 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.