Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
55 cents at garage sale
    #10676907 -

I got this National #7 for $.55 at a garage sale. I'M cooking agar now! It's no All American but after a new seal (less than $13 total purchasing) I'll soon be starting my first petri dish experiments. Super excited, had to share!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: cowlitz]
    #10676917 -

Holy shit... that looks 50 years old.. does it have wooden handles..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: cowlitz]
    #10676926 -

good deal, cost me 73 bucks


--------------------


TIMMY PUKESPLASH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: SRHooM]
    #10676930 -

My my, Thats an exact replica of the one I started this fine hobby off with


--------------------
is multispore a spore company

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: curbstop]
    #10676941 -

i gotta go to more garage sales...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: SRHooM]
    #10677012 -

SRHooM said:
Holy shit... that looks 50 years old.. does it have wooden handles..



Yeah it has wooden handles. The lady who sold it to me said "It's probably 50 years old, I know it sat on my grandad's back porch for the last 30 years."

But, It has not exploded yet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: cowlitz]
    #10677041 -

wow 55 cents thats a steal id say id pay a whole dollar for that beauty


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: Afro]
    #10677059 -

If that pressure cooker could only talk. The stories it could tell. Bet this is it's first time serving a mycologist :wink:


--------------------
"Jack thought it twice and thought that that had made it true. Some brains just work that way, that's what chemicals can do."


BTS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: Aircooled]
    #10677072 -

who knows maybe its got some war storys


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: Afro]
    #10677090 -

"So there i was, making jam in Korea......"


--------------------
"Jack thought it twice and thought that that had made it true. Some brains just work that way, that's what chemicals can do."


BTS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: cowlitz]
    #10677105 -

cowlitz said:
SRHooM said:
Holy shit... that looks 50 years old.. does it have wooden handles..



Yeah it has wooden handles. The lady who sold it to me said "It's probably 50 years old, I know it sat on my grandad's back porch for the last 30 years."

But, It has not exploded yet.



I don't like the way you said 'yet', as if you are really expecting the pc to go BOOM. :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: Sebastien]
    #10677138 -

BOOOM :leafromp:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: Aircooled]
    #10677221 -

Aircooled said:
"So there i was, making jam in Korea......"



:rofl2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: Afro]
    #10677227 -

I'm sure it has another 50 years left in it!  Back in the day... Shit was built the way it was supposed to be built. :thumbup:


--------------------


AMU Q&A thread.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: Sebastien]
    #10678586 -

Sebastien said:
cowlitz said:
SRHooM said:
Holy shit... that looks 50 years old.. does it have wooden handles..



Yeah it has wooden handles. The lady who sold it to me said "It's probably 50 years old, I know it sat on my grandad's back porch for the last 30 years."

But, It has not exploded yet.



I don't like the way you said 'yet', as if you are really expecting the pc to go BOOM. :lol:



YEah, Boom. Well, when I first fired it up it did not hold pressure and made all kinds of whistling sounds. I did a few searches online and a lot of people warn against using vintage pressure cookers and like to tell war stories of hot strawberry jam grenades, so I was a bit apprehensive. Seems to work fine though. I may even can food in it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #10678737 -

The shroomy 1 said:
  Back in the day... Shit was built the way it was supposed to be built. :thumbup:




What ever happened to that?

oh ya, the '80s.


--------------------
KRAMER CAKES



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: george castanza]
    #10685093 -

lol i was hoping that i would find a PC at a yard sale i need...well i want one really bad so when i do move on i alrdy would have one.


--------------------
I am a connoisseur of sorts.

Everything I post is fictional. None of what I post regarding cultivation of mushrooms is legit. Im am just an imaginary person living a imaginary life! Thank you.

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: Aircooled]
    #10685149 -

Aircooled said:
"So there i was, making jam in Korea......"



hahahhaha:thumbup:


--------------------
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: nastos]
    #10685251 -

I got a 21qrt. presto for 20 bucks good deal in my book cause I can get 10 fricking qrts in that bad boy at once. I used to work with one that only could hold two. Major time saver!I hit garage sales all summer long but I just can't find that dehydrator though.


--------------------
:mushroom2:THOSE WHO KNOW DONT TALK!:mad:THOSE WHO DONT KNOW CANT TALK.:smile: (Timothy Leary):mushroom2:
"Funny thing about weekends when your unemployed they don't mean quit so much except you get hang out with your workin' friends" Les Claypool

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 55 cents at garage sale [Re: jerrylove]
    #10685326 -

I think I'm feeling the need to upgrade my PC.  Mine only holds 7.


--------------------
Infea said:
You ever seen that movie Constantine.  Well they pass into hell several times.  In hell there are melting human bodies, in your tub are melting mushroom bodies.  Your tub had passed into mushroom hell.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Garage Sale Grow Chamber puscle 756 3 04/11/01 04:22 PM
by scribbles
* whole sale jars? dumpster420 392 3 11/23/04 02:00 AM
by robbster
* ever seen a presure cooker explode?
( 1 2 all )
I_was_the_walrus 3,647 32 06/11/07 01:27 PM
by brodus24
* Where to find a 55 gallon drum for bulk pasturization??? shiitake 1,792 10 12/03/04 03:54 PM
by agar
* 55 gallon drums of poo?
( 1 2 all )
fungophiliac 4,129 22 07/05/05 05:07 PM
by agar
* WALLMART SALE!!!!!
( 1 2 all )
hyper_dermic 4,340 34 07/17/02 08:12 AM
by Maveric2112
* 20-lb. Wild Bird Food SALE 3 for $11 Androctonus 850 8 02/26/07 12:54 AM
by TheHulk
* WBS exploded Grains= possible solution to problem? doc34 3,504 14 07/15/04 02:43 PM
by doc34

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,037 topic views. 13 members, 102 guests and 160 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.