Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Good Books
    #10365092 -

Im looking for some exciting books that break the ideas of conventional fiction. I think the whole middle earth dark lord fantasy world is kind of tired and im looking for books like the Dark tower by steven king.

It has a set genre but kind of goes off into weird ass things. if that makes sense.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Books [Re: Hakim0777]
    #10365209 -

Robert Jordan, The Wheel Of Time.

Robert Jordan *****
Sergei Lukyanenko *****
Robin Hobb ***
Terry Brooks ***
R.A Salvatore ****
George R. R. Martin ***
Trudi Canavan **
Kelly Armstrong ****
Anne Rice ****
Terry Goodkind **
Carrie Vaughn ****
Anne McCaffrey ***
Orson Scott Card **
Laurell K. Hamilton ***


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Books [Re: Kada]
    #10365233 -

Hell yes! The wheel of time series is amazing. ty.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Books [Re: Hakim0777]
    #10365277 -

any book by james rollins

the mallorean and the belgriad by david eddings

any of the dark elf (drizzt do urden) books by s a salvatore

sword of bedwyr by salvatore


--------------------
cloning tek

:cubie: :cubie::cubie: :getstoned: :cubie::cubie: :cubie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Books [Re: justAdream]
    #10365552 -

the dark series was an adventure alright.

that shit had me hooked since the first fucking line.






and as the books slowed down the end sent a ripple straight through my body.






i think Oryx and Crake was my favorite book ever written.
you should check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/Oryx-Crake-Margaret-Atwood/dp/0385721676/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242776559&sr=8-1

fuck, i think i might go buy it (lost my old copy) RIGHT NOW


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Books [Re: igwna]
    #10365638 -

I definitely will.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Books [Re: Hakim0777]
    #10365716 -

I read non-fiction. :shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Books [Re: Wapakz]
    #10365718 -

Same mostly.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Books [Re: Hakim0777]
    #10365723 -

Ubik by Phillip K. Dick

Read it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Books [Re: LSDreamer]
    #10365737 -

Hunter C. Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas or Philip K. Dick's A Scanner Darkly.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Books [Re: Wapakz]
    #10365751 -

the movie ruined it for me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Books [Re: Hakim0777]
    #10369038 -

Necroscope series by Brian Lumley.

Tales of alien vampires, other worlds ruled by vampires, and an protagonist that can talk with the dead.  The vampires are monsters as they were suppose to be, not that "A" sexual Anne Rice bull shit either.

I enjoyed the Gunslinger series immensely, but I think that the Necroscope series is better just my opinion though.  Bria Lumley is a great writer.




Edited by psilocybin_qualm (05/20/09 10:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Books [Re: psilocybin_qualm]
    #10369055 -

psilocybin_qualm said:
Necroscope series by Brian Lumley.

Tales of alien vampires, other worlds ruled by vampires, and an protagonist that can talk with the dead.  The vampires are monsters as they were suppose to be, not that "A" sexual Anne Rice bull shit either.

I enjoyed the Gunslinger series immensely, but I think that the Necroscope series is better just my opinion though.  Bria Lumley is a great writer.







That is an AWESOME series. I read that shit years ago. Im was into Odd Thomas series by Koontz for a while too.


--------------------
"Captain CAAAAAAAVEMAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Books [Re: Wapakz]
    #10369130 -

Wapakz said:
Hunter C. Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas or Philip K. Dick's A Scanner Darkly.




Not bad.. if you like Thompson you should check out Hells Angels... another one of his books...


My favorite author would be Bukowski..  Dirty Old Man, Women, Hollywood

Burroughs is good too:  Naked Lunch, Electric Revolution,

and then
Augusten Borroughs (spelled alitle diffferently)... Dry, Sellevision,


Stumbling on Happiness, Freakonomics, The Gray Swan,

all fantastic books...

Williams Blake tooo... ahhh I could go on..

I have some of the comics with R Crumb illustrations and Bukowski's writing/.... they are groovy but hard to find (kinda)


--------------------
all posts and statements made are completely fictional,
I greatly detest being associated with any illegal activites,
In fact, I have never done anything illegal,
I choose to learn about differant substances so that in the case where i might need to interact with them, I shall know alot about them,
This is a principle in everything i do...

:einstein:
I have yet to use the knowledge i learn on this site...
:jazzman:
:grin: hee hee i should patent this! :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* hunter s thompsons's ashes to be shot from canon BrAiN 649 6 04/05/05 08:41 PM
by Learyfan
* Hunter S. Thompson note reveals despair.... deadHead321 652 4 09/08/05 11:42 AM
by THE KRAT BARON
* Anyone read the Wheel of Time series? ... and other book adventures
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 4,916 42 10/01/05 10:23 AM
by MovingTarget
* Hunter S. Thompson shot self while talking with wife OrangeVWCamper 2,196 12 02/25/05 06:31 PM
by Arp
* Hunter S. Thompson shot himself today
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
FeveredEgo 11,798 102 02/23/05 12:15 PM
by TheDudeAbides
* Hunter S Thompson Kills Himself LeastResistance 1,103 3 02/20/05 11:26 PM
by delta9
* Stepping up from Leary to Thompson or vice versa?
( 1 2 all )
UncleLuke 2,290 27 11/28/05 06:15 PM
by notapillow
* Hunter Thompson, avowed enemy of Timothy Leary...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Irradiated_Feces 10,162 75 06/17/05 02:28 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,044 topic views. 7 members, 9 guests and 171 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.